Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.0
by mazoola » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:25 am
Not complaining about the web start, just commenting on my remarkable cluelessness for so long. [:)]
With Beta7, whatever you didn't do to wall heights in Beta6 got undone: They behave as anticipated. I suspect I'm doing things to sh3d I shouldn't -- including models with far too many triangles, perhaps -- because I keep running into such weirdness as misbehaving sloping walls or doorway-spanning baseboards. (I haven't been able to generate any sort of render for a while, now, presumably for lack of memory; I assume I'll have to chop the plan into individual floors and render in pieces, again. I'd hoped moving to 64-bit OS would fix the problem, but to no avail. BTW, under Windows 10, sh3d never seems to identify the architecture correctly and always sets up for a 640 Mb heap. I finally edited the jnlp file to force a 2Gb heap, but I'm not sure if the appropriate 3D library is loading.)
At this point, I don't remember how you treated invisible members of a partially visible group in earlier versions of the beta; however you did didn't seem all that confusing to me. I think you ignored them -- that is, you sized the group box to fit only the visible members. Actually, I'm pretty sure you did; typically, I was disabling members in the center of the group, but I seem to recall having the group box expand and contract as I activated/deactivated items on its periphery. As I said, it didn't seem all that confusing to me -- but I was using it for a narrowly defined application. And, frankly, it's never occurred to me to resize a group, so I never stumbled across that potentially confusing situation....
Maz