Re: SH3S installation as described for linux in website doesn't work

by dorin » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:52 pm

@DerekvG
Let's take in the priority order:
0. Please accept my apologies. [[-o<] If I upset you, please excuse me.
1. I want & I like to help You especially because You are a linux user.
2. You've right:
-the SweetHome3D has no extension
-some of the older versions I have will don't work on every machines. eg:
--at work on intel cuore2duo not work some older version but at home on i3 2gen it work. [:-/]
3. So let's try to fix'it:
-in terminal:
-- cd into folder where You uncompressed the 6.2 version
-- ls -l (show us the out put) Should be like this (more or less):

Code: Select all

nea-dorin@debian:~/Sweet_Home_3D/SweetHome3D-6.2$ ls -l 
total 192 
-rw-r--r-- 1 nea-dorin nea-dorin 18007 iul 10  2019 COPYING.TXT 
drwxr-xr-x 6 nea-dorin nea-dorin  4096 iul 29  2019 jre8 
drwxr-xr-x 3 nea-dorin nea-dorin  4096 iul 31  2019 lib 
-rw-r--r-- 1 nea-dorin nea-dorin   901 iul 10  2019 LICENSE.TXT 
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nea-dorin nea-dorin  1078 iul 10  2019 SweetHome3D 
-rw-r--r-- 1 nea-dorin nea-dorin 29519 iul 10  2019 SweetHome3DIcon.png 
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nea-dorin nea-dorin   904 iul 10  2019 SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nea-dorin nea-dorin  1139 iul 14  2019 SweetHome3D-nimbus 
-rw-r--r-- 1 nea-dorin nea-dorin 11873 iul 10  2019 THIRDPARTY-LICENSE-BATIK.TXT 
-rw-r--r-- 1 nea-dorin nea-dorin  8029 iul 10  2019 THIRDPARTY-LICENSE-ITEXT.TXT 
-rw-r--r-- 1 nea-dorin nea-dorin 22331 iul 10  2019 THIRDPARTY-LICENSE-JAVA3D.TXT 
-rw-r--r-- 1 nea-dorin nea-dorin 11519 iul 10  2019 THIRDPARTY-LICENSE-JAVA.TXT 
-rw-r--r-- 1 nea-dorin nea-dorin 18399 iul 10  2019 THIRDPARTY-LICENSE-JEKSPARSER.TXT 
-rw-r--r-- 1 nea-dorin nea-dorin 21381 iul 10  2019 THIRDPARTY-LICENSE-JMF.HTML 
-rw-r--r-- 1 nea-dorin nea-dorin  1680 iul 10  2019 THIRDPARTY-LICENSE-SUNFLOW.TXT 
-rw-r--r-- 1 nea-dorin nea-dorin    93 iul 10  2019 THIRDPARTY-LICENSE-TANGO.TXT 
-rw-r--r-- 1 nea-dorin nea-dorin  8031 iul 10  2019 THIRDPARTY-LICENSE-VECTORGRAPHICS.TXT
--Then execute in terminal:

Code: Select all

./SweetHome3D
See what's happen & let us know.
Theoretically must work but with computers You never be sure.
4. If previous attempt don't work, try a clean environment:
--in Your home rename the .eteks folder to (let say) .eteks1
(that's to not loose furniture, texture and plugins but to start with a clean environment)
--try again to run from SweetHome3D-6.2 directory:

Code: Select all

./SweetHome3D
--let us know what happen (if something happen)
5. For version from repository I can't help You while I don't use it from version 4 (or close)
Let us know the results and provide more information if need.
PS1 I've not understand what is with version 5.4 while now we are at 6.2?
PS2 Don't worry about Your work; is steel there and You will be able to continue soon.

Again Please accept my sincerely apologies!