Re: errors importing or installing plugins
by Lysakowski » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:34 pm
I installed with full administrator privileges.
There is no folder named:
"C:\Users\<<user>>\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\plugins"
I found these eTeks related folders:
"C:\Users\PowerUser\eTeks" (EMPTY)
"C:\Users\PowerUser\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\recovery" (EMPTY)
All the subfolders in this parent folder are EMPTY:
"C:\Users\PowerUser\AppData\Local\Packages\eTeks.SweetHome3D_y7v7etvrysvmm"
"C:\Users\PowerUser\AppData\Local\Packages\eTeks.SweetHome3D_y7v7etvrysvmm\AppData"
I first did a portable installation of the free version (from SourceForge), and then I installed the version from the Microsoft Store, and I cannot (yet) find where the Microsoft Store version is installed. I hate using the Windows Store because it hides things away from users.
After the Microsoft Store installer, I am still not able to install the plugins, because I cannot find the plugin directory.
By the way, "native" format means the file format(s) that are native to an application, e.g., sh3d for SweetHome 3D, xlsx for MS-Excel, docx and doc for MS-Word. These are also the file extensions that get registered by the Windows operating system in the Windows Registry.
Is there a way to download the "Pro" (paid) version and install it manually without using the Windows Store?