Search found 2 matches

by slikrik98
Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:48 am
Forum: Features use and tips
Topic: How to obtain the ID of a light source
Replies: 3
Views: 1587

Re: How to obtain the ID of a light source

If I open my home.obj file, I see lines that begin with 'g' and have some unique identifier after them. i.e.:

g Seat_897
usemtl fltan


I don't know where or how "Seat_897" is created/found, and in fact my home.xml file does not contain the word "seat" in it at all.

I found my incandescent light ...
by slikrik98
Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:18 pm
Forum: Features use and tips
Topic: How to obtain the ID of a light source
Replies: 3
Views: 1587

How to obtain the ID of a light source

I need to know the object ID for incandescent light sources in my model, but it's not clear to me how to know what these IDs are. For other objects, when I look at the .obj file, I can search for specific text (like "Seat") and usually find object IDs that way. But it appears that my light sources ...