A house I've been working on

This topic has been viewed 111281 times and has 55 replies
Thread status: Active
Share your snapshots made with Sweet Home 3D here [img]http://www.sweethome3d.com/images/flags/en_small.gif[/img]
User avatar
AeowynFraser
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:02 am
Country: Lancaster, CA, USA

Re: A house I've been working on

Post by AeowynFraser »

I have one thing though that I've got doubts about on this house, the main floor bathroom and if there's a way to switch out the shower stall and change it to a bathtub.

Anybody got any ideas?
Image
User avatar
AeowynFraser
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:02 am
Country: Lancaster, CA, USA

Re: A house I've been working on

Post by AeowynFraser »

Here's a picture of the entrance, from the opposite side of the garage door.
Image
If you're wondering what those diagonally striped boxes are, they're supposed to be trimmed hedges. I couldn't figure out how to make them so I used the basic box with a texture on it to try and simulate a "box hedge". I don't think it turned out quite the way I want.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to have more realistic looking hedges?
Image
User avatar
hansmex
Posts: 4027
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:36 am
Country: Netherlands

Re: A house I've been working on

Post by hansmex »

Try one of these models ...
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
User avatar
AeowynFraser
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:02 am
Country: Lancaster, CA, USA

Re: A house I've been working on

Post by AeowynFraser »

Thank you for the suggestion; I do see several that I like. I am, however, unsure as to how to add them to the program so that I can use them. Could you help me?
Image
User avatar
hansmex
Posts: 4027
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:36 am
Country: Netherlands

Re: A house I've been working on

Post by hansmex »

To download Sketchup files:
1 - Click the image that you like
2 - In the new window, click the big red button
3 - From the dropdown menu, click the file you want (Collada and KMZ can be imported directly in SH3D)
4 - import the downloaded file as you would any furniture model.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
User avatar
HawkDawg
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:06 pm
Country: Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: A house I've been working on

Post by HawkDawg »

I have one thing though that I've got doubts about on this house, the main floor bathroom and if there's a way to switch out the shower stall and change it to a bathtub.

Anybody got any ideas?
You have a bathtub in this post and this post . Why not use it?
Hawk
User avatar
AeowynFraser
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:02 am
Country: Lancaster, CA, USA

Re: A house I've been working on

Post by AeowynFraser »

Thank you, hansmex.

I've downloaded one of the hedges and have replaced all the weird boxes.
Image
Now that looks better.
Image
User avatar
AeowynFraser
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:02 am
Country: Lancaster, CA, USA

Re: A house I've been working on

Post by AeowynFraser »

So, I went with your advice, HawkDawg, and copied the bathtub I'd had in the level 1 bathroom. I did however end up taking some floor space from the two closets on the other side as well as a bit of rearranging, but I think it turned out alright.
Image
I took this picture from the corner near the bathroom door, angled slightly down, trying to get in as much of what's going on in the room as possible. The only thing I'm not all that happy about is the fact that there's this open space at the foot of the bathtub.
Image
I'm thinking of some possible changes to the room though...
Image
User avatar
AeowynFraser
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:02 am
Country: Lancaster, CA, USA

Re: A house I've been working on

Post by AeowynFraser »

Brainstorm.
I think I came up with a way to fill in the empty spot.
Image
I'm not sure why putting a shower curtain in would make the shower so dark, but what can I do? I added a wall and a cabinet with shelving, although the cabinet isn't quite the right sizing as I would've hoped for.
Image
Since adding the cabinet, I figured the vanity needed a bit of a makeover; I changed it to the oak texture. Now it goes better with the cabinet/shelving.
Image
okh
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: A house I've been working on

Post by okh »

Looks nice, but hard to tell exactly without knowing dimensions and see the layout in full.
..why putting a shower curtain in would make the shower so dark, but what can I do?
1) I guess the obvious answer is: add a light source [:)]. Anyway, experimenting with "Incandescent light source" at various strengths and various sizes around the room should give you the perfect rendering - eventually.
2) You could also try to use a semi-transparent texture on the shower curtain. Even if that can be quite tricky to control and get right... (It is also possible to edit the general opacity of the model, but unfortunately not from within SH3D colour dialogue.)
ok
Post Reply New Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest