Tiny home... mostly

This topic has been viewed 31643 times and has 39 replies
Thread status: Active
Share your snapshots made with Sweet Home 3D here [img]http://www.sweethome3d.com/images/flags/en_small.gif[/img]
User avatar
TommoLeo
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:16 pm
Country: Brasil

Re: Tiny home... mostly

Post by TommoLeo »

It's absolutely amazing, you arranged the furniture in a very funcional way, I loved the shelves and nightstands in the triangular roof. Quite Nice!
okh
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: Tiny home... mostly

Post by okh »

Here is really tiny [:)] : thread 6956 / 3D view.

ok

Image
User avatar
bdfd
Posts: 2614
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:17 am
Country: LILLE, Les Hauts de France, Western Europa

Re: Tiny home... mostly

Post by bdfd »

Cool, for holydays !!! [:)]
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
User avatar
AeowynFraser
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:02 am
Country: Lancaster, CA, USA

Re: Tiny home... mostly

Post by AeowynFraser »

I am so devastated at the moment; my computer crashed on me yesterday without warning, and I lost a good number of the house designs I've been working on (not to mention other things I'd saved on it). The ones that I didn't lose were ones that I downloaded to MediaFire, but some of those aren't quite updated (I posted those there then made modifications, but didn't save the modifications). [:((]

So, it looks like some of them I'm going to have to start from scratch, and some I'll have to update, hopefully with the help of the pictures I've posted here and on Facebook as references. That'll take some time though.
Image
User avatar
bdfd
Posts: 2614
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:17 am
Country: LILLE, Les Hauts de France, Western Europa

Re: Tiny home... mostly

Post by bdfd »

I am so devastated at the moment; my computer crashed on me yesterday without warning, and I lost a good number of the house designs I've been working on (not to mention other things I'd saved on it). The ones that I didn't lose were ones that I downloaded to MediaFire, ...
Hi Aeowyn,

Oh my god ! [:(]
The most important is the sh3d files not the pictures.

The same thing happened to me on my laptop in start of may.
The repairer was able to recover most of the data (99%).
Consult in one (if hard disk is OK) !

Since 3 years, I had two external hard drives for backups on my main PC.
The first for odd months and the second for even months.
Backups made every 1st of every month.

Not you ?

Good luck.

[:)]
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
User avatar
Puybaret
Posts: 9440
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 pm
Country: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: Tiny home... mostly

Post by Puybaret »

Adrienne, I feel so sorry for you [:(]
I hope you’ll find a way to recover some big parts of your data. Do you know if it’s a hard disk issue or something else?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D creator
User avatar
UbuntuBirdy
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:31 pm
Country: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Tiny home... mostly

Post by UbuntuBirdy »

I backup my shd3 files in a cloud with a desktop app, e.g. dropbox or mega. So everytime I save my file, it is instantly synchronised to the cloud. I have not to care about the backup, it's all automatic.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
User avatar
AeowynFraser
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:02 am
Country: Lancaster, CA, USA

Re: Tiny home... mostly

Post by AeowynFraser »

I wish that I'd thought of that before the crash... Oh well, I can't change that now ("no point crying over spilled milk" as the saying goes); what's lost is lost, and I'll just have to start again on some of them (this one included).
Image
User avatar
dorin
Posts: 824
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:14 am
Country: Vatra Dornei, Suceava, Romania

Re: Tiny home... mostly

Post by dorin »

I think all Your files are still on HD, unless the HD are physically toasted.
Boot with an linux live CD and (probably) You will find them.
If not You need other free methods.
Usually I've recovered files even after 3 formatted HD.
In most cases I've recover deleted files which don't want to be recovered from the owners.
Unfortunately I can't help You from distance because every recovery need some specific task.
Good luck!
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law
When all else fails, read the instructions. Murphy's Law
If you don't like "AS IS", DIY. Dorin's law
User avatar
AeowynFraser
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:02 am
Country: Lancaster, CA, USA

Re: Tiny home... mostly

Post by AeowynFraser »

Thank you all for the support and sugg. The thing is that I was using a refurbished Mac and the poor hard drive died. My roommate tried to see if he could get it to start but it didn’t even recognize that there was one.

I did have some of my shd3 files on MediaFire, some not as up to date as what I’d posted on them. There were a few that I hadn’t so I would likely have to use the pictures that I’d posted on this site to recreate them.
Image
Post Reply New Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest