In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

This topic has been viewed 235137 times and has 184 replies
Thread status: Active
Share your snapshots made with Sweet Home 3D here [img]http://www.sweethome3d.com/images/flags/en_small.gif[/img]
Post Reply New Topic
User avatar
Ceciliabr
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:41 pm
Country: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Post by Ceciliabr »

Thanks rontant!

I will, shortly...
User avatar
Ceciliabr
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:41 pm
Country: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Post by Ceciliabr »

End of the line:
Image

...
VeroniQ
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:01 am
Country: France

Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Post by VeroniQ »

Magnificent! (but slightly stressful... what will happen here?)
rontant
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:26 am
Country: Singapore

Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Post by rontant »

Outstanding! Such a surreal environment, perfect for scifi movies! Great job!
User avatar
Ceciliabr
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:41 pm
Country: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Post by Ceciliabr »

.. what will happen here?

Well, it's the end of the line, so someone will get off the metro..

Image

and Chaplin will be waiting to greet them...

Image

and since there is nothing else of interest there, someone will most likely use the elevators to take them to the next level...

Image

which is where we will end up in my next post



Cec
User avatar
Ceciliabr
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:41 pm
Country: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Post by Ceciliabr »

Out of the elevators...
Image

which leaves you with two choices:

Image

You can go up the stairs to the chill-out area,
or you can go directly to The Chaplin Bar.


Image



...

cec
rontant
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:26 am
Country: Singapore

Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Post by rontant »

Nice, cec.

I really enjoy your art works as well as the narrative. I watched "The 13th floor" long time ago twice. Love it! I am going to watch "Dark City" soon after reading what you wrote.

Now, if you have time, how about sharing some behind the scene stuffs of this project, like how long it took to render those photos. I imagine you are using computer with 18-core CPU to render... but my imagination sometime went wild.

Personally I enjoy more looking on rendering of homes, personal space, rather than public space, but that's just me.

A voice just came to me saying: "Why create just a house when you can create a universe?" [:))]
User avatar
Ceciliabr
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:41 pm
Country: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Post by Ceciliabr »

Ooops!
Sorry about the last picture. I somehow managed to make a mess on my ftp-server, substituting the original with an old test rendering. It has now been corrected.
User avatar
Ceciliabr
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:41 pm
Country: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Post by Ceciliabr »

@ rontant

Thanks!
Personally I enjoy more looking on rendering of homes

Of course, and I like watching that too. But I'm not really into homes, even if my original reason for using this software was to redecorate an old house we bought five years ago. I never published anything at the forum at that time (2013 – 2014), I only used them for my diary.

Image
Now, if you have time, how about sharing some behind the scene stuffs of this project, like how long it took to render those photos.

Maybe I should.
Anyway, I'm planning to post something about my work at the Sweet Home 3D BAR sometime soon – but not about this project. It will be something more general, about skies, light and texturing.
I imagine you are using computer with 18-core CPU to render...


No, I'm still using my old thrash can 12 core from 2014. A new Mac is on the wish-list, but I think I'll wait until the next quantum leap. I have tried my fathers new 18 core HP, but I find the difference between my 12 Mac core and his 18 core HP not worth 7.000 euros.
A voice just came to me saying: "Why create just a house when you can create a universe?"

Indeed! This is one of the five locations I have made for this project.
Image

Cec
rontant
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:26 am
Country: Singapore

Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Post by rontant »

Outstanding Cec.

I am dumbstruck looking at the size of the town you created. Wouldn't it slowdown your trashcan to a crawl?
Post Reply New Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest