Search found 8 matches
- Tue Dec 31, 2024 1:18 pm
- Forum: New versions
- Topic: Terrain Generator plug-in
- Replies: 90
- Views: 1959816
Re: Terrain Generator plug-in
Clarification on my example above: the idea is to model the terrain on a lower level in this case
- Tue Dec 31, 2024 1:16 pm
- Forum: New versions
- Topic: Terrain Generator plug-in
- Replies: 90
- Views: 1959816
Re: Terrain Generator plug-in
> So that is consistent: it always displays at elevation 0.
Exactly, I hadn't realized that before as well.
> terrain usually resides at the 0 level and the plugin is probably designed with that in mind. What do you do with a terrain floating on a higher level?
Usually yes, but there are ...
Exactly, I hadn't realized that before as well.
> terrain usually resides at the 0 level and the plugin is probably designed with that in mind. What do you do with a terrain floating on a higher level?
Usually yes, but there are ...
- Mon Dec 30, 2024 7:04 pm
- Forum: New versions
- Topic: Terrain Generator plug-in
- Replies: 90
- Views: 1959816
Re: Terrain Generator plug-in
I never said I want to elevate downwards :-)
Try this:
1) Create a new SH3D file, add another level
2) Add a room at both levels
3) Create a Terrain on the upper room
You'll see that the plugin creates the terrain on the lower level. When pressing OK, it still gets put to the upper level (which is ...
Try this:
1) Create a new SH3D file, add another level
2) Add a room at both levels
3) Create a Terrain on the upper room
You'll see that the plugin creates the terrain on the lower level. When pressing OK, it still gets put to the upper level (which is ...
- Mon Dec 30, 2024 3:39 pm
- Forum: New versions
- Topic: Terrain Generator plug-in
- Replies: 90
- Views: 1959816
Re: Terrain Generator plug-in
Hi, thanks for this great plugin!
Is there anyone else having problems with levels below 0, where the terrain will be shown higher than it should be?
I tried to fix this in the code but miserably failed :D To me it looks like negative elevation is being ignored / set to 0.
Oops, the problem is ...
Is there anyone else having problems with levels below 0, where the terrain will be shown higher than it should be?
I tried to fix this in the code but miserably failed :D To me it looks like negative elevation is being ignored / set to 0.
Oops, the problem is ...
- Fri Dec 27, 2024 9:21 pm
- Forum: 3D problems
- Topic: massive color-difference
- Replies: 30
- Views: 35023
Re: massive color-difference
Ok... it was easier to fix than expected \o/
Patch:
diff --git a/SweetHome3D/src/com/eteks/sweethome3d/j3d/PhotoRenderer.java b/SweetHome3D/src/com/eteks/sweethome3d/j3d/PhotoRenderer.java
index c95e11a94..56ca69c87 100644
--- a/SweetHome3D/src/com/eteks/sweethome3d/j3d/PhotoRenderer.java
+++ b ...
Patch:
diff --git a/SweetHome3D/src/com/eteks/sweethome3d/j3d/PhotoRenderer.java b/SweetHome3D/src/com/eteks/sweethome3d/j3d/PhotoRenderer.java
index c95e11a94..56ca69c87 100644
--- a/SweetHome3D/src/com/eteks/sweethome3d/j3d/PhotoRenderer.java
+++ b ...
- Fri Dec 27, 2024 8:40 pm
- Forum: 3D problems
- Topic: massive color-difference
- Replies: 30
- Views: 35023
Re: massive color-difference
The problem seems to be that Java3D expects Linear RGB as input color space:https://forum.jogamp.org/sRGB-and-gamma-correction-in-Java3d-td4038946.html
I've tested this by manually setting the RGB value of a wall to a gamma-corrected value ( lin=255*(val/255, 2.2) ), which makes yafaray and sunflow ...
I've tested this by manually setting the RGB value of a wall to a gamma-corrected value ( lin=255*(val/255, 2.2) ), which makes yafaray and sunflow ...
- Thu Dec 26, 2024 10:40 pm
- Forum: 3D problems
- Topic: 3D View goes blank, how to "refresh"
- Replies: 5
- Views: 8332
Re: 3D View goes blank, how to "refresh"
I had a very similiar problem: when opening any properties windows for furniture, the 3D view would go blank. I fixed this by killing this 3D view refresh code:
diff --git a/SweetHome3D/src/com/eteks/sweethome3d/j3d/Component3DManager.java b/SweetHome3D/src/com/eteks/sweethome3d/j3d ...
diff --git a/SweetHome3D/src/com/eteks/sweethome3d/j3d/Component3DManager.java b/SweetHome3D/src/com/eteks/sweethome3d/j3d ...
- Wed Dec 18, 2024 5:42 pm
- Forum: New versions
- Topic: Terrain Generator plug-in
- Replies: 90
- Views: 1959816
Re: Terrain Generator plug-in
Hi, thanks for this great plugin!
Is there anyone else having problems with levels below 0, where the terrain will be shown higher than it should be?
I tried to fix this in the code but miserably failed
To me it looks like negative elevation is being ignored / set to 0.
Is there anyone else having problems with levels below 0, where the terrain will be shown higher than it should be?
I tried to fix this in the code but miserably failed