Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 259 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
photo as background?
Hi: From google map I did a photo surrounding my building lot. How could I use the photo as the background for my house? Please, help if you know.by dabblerdoe » - 3 Replies
- 8085 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Importation SVG DXF OBJ
Hello, I found an article on internet https: //tecnobits.com/en/how-to-import-a-house-plan-with-sweet-home-3d/ saying that you can import SVG DXF OBJ files d...by lorage » - 3 Replies
- 5778 Views
-
Last post by lorage
-
-
-
can't get doors to insert in walls so they move with the wall
when i chose an open door from the menu on the left hand side of the drawing, I can slide the door onto the drawing and drop it over a wall and the 3D image ...by archibaldtuttle » - 2 Replies
- 1710 Views
-
Last post by archibaldtuttle
-
-
-
set default wall thickness?
my walls are creating at 3 inches thick. i can double click each one and make it 4.5 (I'm assuming since it allows colors as if painted on the surface the th...by archibaldtuttle » - 2 Replies
- 3979 Views
-
Last post by archibaldtuttle
-
-
-
Not perpendicular triangle
Hi Does someone know how to create a non-perpendicular triangle in sweet home 3d? I got a triangle from a furniture lib, but it is perpendicular. Bestregards...by MartinH81 » - 2 Replies
- 1604 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to define multi-level hinge and rail of 3D model
File download It seems that it can only rotate in a single layer. And cannot rotate together on_rail ok on_rail+on_hinge Cannot succeed on_rail+on_hinge+on_r...by YGYL » - 24 Replies
- 5094 Views
-
Last post by [email protected]
-
-
-
MAgnetism and alignment side-by-side
When 2 objects are grouped together, magnetism doesn't work, is there a way? Automatic side-by-side alignment doesn't work on all sides.by ArtOfHome » - 6 Replies
- 2126 Views
-
Last post by ArtOfHome
-
-
-
Padding from objects
Is it possible to create an invisible space between 2 objects? Perhaps a padding of 1 centimeter to always leave an equally spaced gap when they are joined?by ArtOfHome » - 2 Replies
- 1097 Views
-
Last post by dorin
-
-
-
split or unjoin walls at corner?
i have a plan that was drawn by an associate. she got a few things wrong and missed an inside corner and i have to shorten a wall and insert two walls in pla...by archibaldtuttle » - 4 Replies
- 3516 Views
-
Last post by dorin
-
-
-
How to create an attic room without a plain ceiling above the roof?
Hi everyone I am just a beginner with SH3D and I just created a first house with a roof, built by the roof generator plugin. Now I draw a room in the attic, ...by MartinH81 » - 2 Replies
- 3782 Views
-
Last post by MartinH81
-
-
- 1 Replies
- 1495 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
- 7 Replies
- 1627 Views
-
Last post by sjb007
-
-
Switch Levels shorcut
I found a reference in a few postings about possibly implementing a method to switch between levels with a keyboard shortcut; Ctlr-PgUp/PgDn was suggested. B...by delaing » - 1 Replies
- 2308 Views
-
Last post by tylla
-
-
-
Bulk Color Changes - Replace one color to another automatically
Dear Friends, I have been thoroughly enjoying working on my project. Recently, I encountered a challenge while attempting to experiment with multiple color s...by kawal » - 2 Replies
- 3986 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Setting to prevent default home on launch?
When I launch Sweet Home the programme opens a new blank home by default. Is there a way to stop this behaviour? Thanks for your help.by DavyR » - 6 Replies
- 1167 Views
-
Last post by Waldemar.Hersacher
-
-
-
Export to image - saving location (MACOS)
I installed the Save to Image plugin and it's great. Except it only allows me to save within the Sweethome data location - I can't save to desktop or to Docu...by DavyR » - 2 Replies
- 985 Views
-
Last post by DavyR
-
-
-
How i can change my texture brick color?
Hi people, i need change a texture brick color, like a brick change a color to white (for example) but maintein the texture of the brick, if i trie set a tex...by MatheusNegrini » - 4 Replies
- 1399 Views
-
Last post by captaincook
-
-
-
Zoom doesn't work with scroll wheel, pan only pans vertically
How can I zoom in the 2Dj view using the mouse scroll wheel? I can't find this in the help anywhere. I read a couple of places that holding Ctrl or Shift sho...by LizardCobra » - 5 Replies
- 3234 Views
-
Last post by Daniels118
-
-
-
using "Generate roof" plugin without rooms
Hi: As an architect, I made multi-storey buildings in SH3D with walls, pillars, slabs and staircases, that is of bearing structures. The roofs were boxes, I ...by architectech » - 9 Replies
- 9167 Views
-
Last post by GaudiGalopin3324
-
-
-
How to add walls to a room after it is "completed"
How can I add walls to an existing room? I have pressed the escape key, or closed off a room. Now I need to add additional geometry to the room. How can I in...by LizardCobra » - 4 Replies
- 8967 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
How to edit or enter interior wall dimensions?
How can I enter dimensions for interior walls? All I can find any help on is how to show existing dimensions, which is not what I want. I need to define the ...by LizardCobra » - 4 Replies
- 2310 Views
-
Last post by LizardCobra
-
-
-
Interior walls don't show up in 3D view?
None of my interior walls (drawn using the Create Rooms tool) show up in the 3D view. If I open the window to modify any room, it shows the height as 2 1/2" ...by LizardCobra » - 1 Replies
- 1056 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Export to OBJ
Do I understand correctly, that the best format for export to make it importable to other cad programs is to use obj? Will it save all the dimensions and oth...by KitchM » - 8 Replies
- 16024 Views
-
Last post by JonnyD
-
-
-
No hole in the slab for staircase
Hi: For me, it looks like several things are not working as it is advertised. Now I created "Level 1" then in "Level 0" I did "Staircases>Stack top." It is p...by architectech » - 3 Replies
- 22228 Views
-
Last post by dorin
-
-
-
Museum or a home for people
I was going through a lot of threads especially in the gallery. In my own designs I always placed people (the free one from Reallusion) into the rooms. I tri...by Waldemar.Hersacher » - 9 Replies
- 2108 Views
-
Last post by GaudiGalopin3324
-
-
-
Best forum tips
Hello, The 50,000th message was posted today in Sweet Home 3D forum. What a great community! To help you find the most interesting subjects, here's a list of...by Puybaret » - 3 Replies
- 228025 Views
-
Last post by captaincook
-
-
-
Wallapproach configurable?
I got a Problem, i drawed the Outside Walls, they are on all sides separated but i now wanted to draw the Inside walls, but they are smaller than the outside...by waxweazle2001 » - 6 Replies
- 1805 Views
-
Last post by waxweazle2001
-
-
-
Move Origin
Just installed, laid out circuit boards but not my own home. What I want to do is move the origin (0,0) point so that I can start with the front corner of th...by SpiritualMadMan » - 1 Replies
- 23195 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to turned off outdoor lights in daytime renderings
Hi everybody, I'm trying to create daytime renderings of my home garden, but even when I set a daytime schedule, the outdoor lights (spotlights in the garden...by Guido65 » - 2 Replies
- 1511 Views
-
Last post by GaudiGalopin3324
-
-
-
Is it possible to render multiple files for the SAME point of view?
Hello, I'd like to ask if it's possible to render multiple files for the same point of view during a period so I'll be able to see the sun incidence in the r...by paulo_05 » - 2 Replies
- 1169 Views
-
Last post by paulo_05
-
-
-
Exporting drawings from an Android tablet
Hello guys, I'm new to the software. I love it so far, but I have a small issue with exporting drawings,statistics, etc. I'm using it on an Samsung S7 tablet...by RSM2105 » - 1 Replies
- 1449 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Wall lenght and dimensions
New at this. I created a 36' wall. 1' thick block walls. Went to put dimensions next to it. The dimensions came out as 37'. What am I missing on this one or ...by MrTorque » - 1 Replies
- 1130 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Hello All...
Is it possible to remove a border from a room? My problem is, not all room transitions have a door. The door would normally cover up the black room border li...by Wayda » - 5 Replies
- 1103 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Render stairs in typical way for B&W 2D floor plan?
Is there any way to make stairs render in the 2D floor plan like is typical in a black-and-white 2D floor plan drawing with a white background and black line...by jlmuir » - 2 Replies
- 3055 Views
-
Last post by dorin
-
-
-
Sync files between Windows Installation and mobile app
I have the mobile Application on my Android and the Windows download Version on my Windows machine. I start working on the Windows App and like to work now o...by bassman_chris » - 10 Replies
- 5892 Views
-
Last post by notdet
-
-
-
Phantom floor (or is it roof or ceiling?) image hovers overhead
What can I do to make this go away?by DaveLab » - 6 Replies
- 1333 Views
-
Last post by sjb007
-
-
-
Struggling with 3D views
I seem to have limited facility seeing what I want to see, moving around, etc. Like I want to zoom in on some feature, and I can't get to it at my preferred ...by DaveLab » - 2 Replies
- 1225 Views
-
Last post by DaveLab
-
-
-
Cannot get ceiling to follow sloped walls
I've been through the tutorial a few times. I can't get it to work. The ceiling continues horizontally over the sloped "room." I've searched and searched. It...by DaveLab » - 3 Replies
- 1269 Views
-
Last post by DaveLab
-
-
-
Terrain generation plug-in
Do you remember a plugin where you can generate terrain in a separate window and it was in source forge, I've been looking for it for months and I can't find itby ELFidoEquisde » - 2 Replies
- 1206 Views
-
Last post by ELFidoEquisde
-
-
-
Multiple levels displayed regardless of their elevation.
Is it possible to have a level which displays all (or specific) levels regardless of the elevation of those levels? I would like to create a plan view to sen...by mts749 » - 9 Replies
- 3039 Views
-
Last post by mts749
-
-
-
How to extend the plan
I'd like to expand the plan to cover the entire property and add a small building, but don't know how to accomplish that. Am I missing that fucntion? Thanks!by geewee » - 10 Replies
- 2689 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Dimensions bug and snapping
Casual user here, using SH3D intermittently (currently 7.2) and I'm quite frustrated with the dimension tool. It needs to snap to corners and edges, but it d...by madtheos » - 7 Replies
- 1727 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
how create a loft(wardrobe in top of room)
Most WC here use top 1 meter as a closed with a door outside in corridor as a wardrobe/closit style How can i split a room in half with extra "floor" for that ?by ploufus » - 1 Replies
- 1473 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
You can use a mathematical formula in numerical input fields
In this thread(French) Emmanuel mentions that it is possible to use a mathematical formula in numerical input fields. I think it's worth mentioning in a sepa...by Keet » - 1 Replies
- 1334 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Build wall onto another wall
Hi, how can I build a wall onto another wall? I need this because I have colored wall tiles up to a height of 240 cm, while I have nude white walls up to 270...by VincenzoCappelluti » - 1 Replies
- 1374 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Wall elevations
Since I'm new, apologies if this has been answered ... if so, point me there. (and I did check but didn't see a completely viable solution) There is often th...by goldenjet50 » - 3 Replies
- 3827 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Export project that was started while not being logged in (online)
Hi, so I discovered this nice software the other day and thinking I'd just do something very basic didn't bother signing up at first. But now I've done quite...by nvc60166 » - 4 Replies
- 2042 Views
-
Last post by nvc60166
-
-
-
How to change Furniture Catalog View
How can I change the Furniture Catalog from only icons w/names to folders that contain the icons w/names? (As per the view on the Introduction page of the Us...by ADolly » - 2 Replies
- 1678 Views
-
Last post by ADolly
-
-
-
Furniture OBJ files
Hello: I started using Sweethome some years ago, then stopped during COVID. I need only 2D so I created all my own furniture and added them to my Library. I ...by shakylegs36 » - 2 Replies
- 1223 Views
-
Last post by shakylegs36
-
-
-
How to set up teh angle between two walls ?
Hello ! Please how do I set up the angle between two walls ? See the linked picture - I have to create walls based on the floor plan. https://drive.google.co...by miro_ilias » - 2 Replies
- 1287 Views
-
Last post by miro_ilias
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest