Problems with applet on a webserver

This topic has been viewed 3471 times and has 5 replies
Thread status: Active
How can I do this? [img]http://www.sweethome3d.com/images/flags/en_small.gif[/img]
Post Reply New Topic
dany74m
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:13 pm

Problems with applet on a webserver

Post by dany74m »

Hi,

hello to all Im a new user of this fantastic software. Im tryng to put online a 3d model of an appartment I have done using the java applet. Offline it works, when I call the page trought a webserver it says that it cannot load the house. What am I doing wrong? I tried to replace the address in the html page with an absolute path, but it did not work.
Please help!
User avatar
Puybaret
Posts: 9440
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 pm
Country: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: Problems with applet on a webserver

Post by Puybaret »

I tried to replace the address in the html page with an absolute path, but it did not work.
Do you mean you used the absolute URL of your sh3d file in the homeURL parameter of your HTML document? Did you also try to directly enter this URL in the browser URL text field? What version of the viewer do you use?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D creator
dany74m
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:13 pm

Re: Problems with applet on a webserver

Post by dany74m »

Yes, I mean i replace the "defaul.shrd" path with "http://mysite/mydyr/defaul.sh3d"

Im using the last version, just downloaded yesterday.What do you mean by entering direclty the url? Wich url, of the file .sh3d?
User avatar
Puybaret
Posts: 9440
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 pm
Country: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: Problems with applet on a webserver

Post by Puybaret »

Yes check you can download http://mysite/mydyr/myhome.sh3d directly from your browser.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D creator
dany74m
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:13 pm

Re: Problems with applet on a webserver

Post by dany74m »

thank you.. I will...so if not, it means I have to enable the download in the server directory?
dany74m
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:13 pm

Re: Problems with applet on a webserver

Post by dany74m »

I tryed, It says that it cannot find the file... and in my webserver I just can configure the permission to read or write....its weird..
Post Reply New Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest