Not really, but there's always the possibility to make levels unviewable if they become hard to handle. Besides, since version 5.5, big terrains are only partly visible in the preview window anyway.Wouldn't it slowdown your trashcan to a crawl?
In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...
This topic has been viewed 235152 times and has 184 replies
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...
Ladies, gentlemen, others.
Has "others" become normal in Denmark now?
I know that Sweden has adopted the unspecified gender and incorporated it into their language, calling it "hen" (which btw is also the word for "where" ), but I didn't know Denmark had.
I'm probably too old to understand that there can be more than two genders, and I keep wondering how you would say:
I met him on the bus / I met her on the bus / I met "IT" on the bus? ( I met a hen on the bus)
Anyway, your narrative is very creative and your renderings are in a class of their own, as usual.
X
Has "others" become normal in Denmark now?
I know that Sweden has adopted the unspecified gender and incorporated it into their language, calling it "hen" (which btw is also the word for "where" ), but I didn't know Denmark had.
I'm probably too old to understand that there can be more than two genders, and I keep wondering how you would say:
I met him on the bus / I met her on the bus / I met "IT" on the bus? ( I met a hen on the bus)
Anyway, your narrative is very creative and your renderings are in a class of their own, as usual.
X
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...
Ladies, gentlemen, others. Has "others" become normal in Denmark now?
There's some discussion about this, but I really don't engage in the debate.
Anyway, Pong Island is not in Denmark.
In Denmark we tend to approach the toilet problem the easy way: Same toilet for all, regardless of gender.
On Pong Island they obviously handle it differently.
So don't shoot me. I'm just the reporter.
Cec (On wacation)
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...
For a number of reasons, some of them quite understandable, there are people feeling uncomfortable with the idea of travelling in a sealed tube under the ground, the same way some people find it equally scary to travel in a sealed tube ten thousand feet above it.
To help visitors avoid engaging in these hazardous challenges, Pong Island offers a third choice:
Visitors can choose to travel safely in a hull floating on the salt water that naturally surrounds the island.
The guests preferring this form of transportation, are met with a convenient entrance, directly from the pier to the bar.


The wide and conveniently placed entrance also serves the purpose of letting a bit of daylight in, as well as providing yet another escape-way – a third way out for anyone in need of a hasty departure – if an emergency of some sort should occur.
Cec
To help visitors avoid engaging in these hazardous challenges, Pong Island offers a third choice:
Visitors can choose to travel safely in a hull floating on the salt water that naturally surrounds the island.
The guests preferring this form of transportation, are met with a convenient entrance, directly from the pier to the bar.


The wide and conveniently placed entrance also serves the purpose of letting a bit of daylight in, as well as providing yet another escape-way – a third way out for anyone in need of a hasty departure – if an emergency of some sort should occur.
Cec
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...
Like those scenes in the post apocalyptic kind of movies... good job Cec.
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...
Cannot wait to see the Pong Island plot that goes with your intriguing illustrations [:)] ok
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...
Very nice, Cec.
You have a very big and complicated project here it seems.
I'm a bit curious about how you make the chrome surfaces, and how you avoid getting all the white spots that usually appears on shiny surfaces.
It would be nice if you could say a few words about that.
I have seen that in Oslo as well. It's called adapting, I suppose [:)]
Xiste
You have a very big and complicated project here it seems.
I'm a bit curious about how you make the chrome surfaces, and how you avoid getting all the white spots that usually appears on shiny surfaces.
It would be nice if you could say a few words about that.
In Denmark we tend to approach the toilet problem the easy way: Same toilet for all, regardless of gender.
I have seen that in Oslo as well. It's called adapting, I suppose [:)]
Xiste
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...
@ rontant
Thank you!
Any particular movies you are thinking about?
C
Like those scenes in the post apocalyptic kind of movies...good job Cec.
Thank you!
Any particular movies you are thinking about?
C
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...
Cannot wait to see the Pong Island plot that goes with your intriguing illustrations
Well, the complete story behind the illustrations I think is better to publish in another forum. [:)]
A bigger view of the island:
Here is Mr Pong himself:
Cec
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...
You have to edit the [font=courier new].obj file[/font], and change the material description to mirrors.'m a bit curious about how you make the chrome surfaces...
There's an old thread that explains this somewhere on the forum, but it seems I'm not able to find it right now.
Mostly by repositioning the light sources and setting the [font=courier new]shininessShader[/font] to glossy....avoid getting all the white spots that usually appears on shiny surfaces
Adapting is the key to survival [;)]
Cec
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests