Sweet Home 3D 5.5
This topic has been viewed 312326 times and has 97 replies
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.5
I just tried and didn't notice any issue. Does the problem happen even with very simple homes?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D creator
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.5
Too long to wait, thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.5
@puybaret.
I have tried this on eight different machines now, both desktop and portable, with Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra and even Lion(OSX 10.7.5) Four of the machines needed to install Java Runtime in order to open SH3D.
So there's really no doubt about it:
If you download the free version from Sourceforge and install it on any Mac, it will not create any image or video, no matter the size, on Q1 or Q2.
Cec
I have tried this on eight different machines now, both desktop and portable, with Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra and even Lion(OSX 10.7.5) Four of the machines needed to install Java Runtime in order to open SH3D.
So there's really no doubt about it:
If you download the free version from Sourceforge and install it on any Mac, it will not create any image or video, no matter the size, on Q1 or Q2.
Cec
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.5
I tried on another computer running Sierra too, and didn't notice any issue.
What error do you get? Did you test a specific sh3d file or just made very simple tests?
What error do you get? Did you test a specific sh3d file or just made very simple tests?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D creator
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.5
For your information, all installers and source code were updated on September 9, 2017 to fix a bug that prevented to render the lights belonging to groups at the two best qualities of the photo creation tool (version in About dialog shown as 5.5a). Sorry for an inconvenience this may cause.
Thanks to EnkoNyito for reporting this issue quickly.
Thanks to EnkoNyito for reporting this issue quickly.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D creator
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.5
This is what happens on every Mac we try:
http://ceciliabr.com/sh3d/SH3D-create-photo.mov
This film covers the whole sequence including downloading the program on a "virgin" Mac Pro 12-core with 96GB memory, running OSX 10.10.5 ( no previous installations of SH3D).
As you can see, nothing happens when creating photo on Q1 or Q 2, but it works fine on Q3 and Q4.
Cec
http://ceciliabr.com/sh3d/SH3D-create-photo.mov
This film covers the whole sequence including downloading the program on a "virgin" Mac Pro 12-core with 96GB memory, running OSX 10.10.5 ( no previous installations of SH3D).
As you can see, nothing happens when creating photo on Q1 or Q 2, but it works fine on Q3 and Q4.
Cec
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.5
Ah,
I was happy to find version 5,
and this is what happened when I tried it:
http://ceciliabr.com/sh3d/SH3D-v5-photo-creation.mov
As you can see, it worked like it should. So I'm back on v5, and happy.
Can I possibly be doing something wrong?
Is there a special version of Java required, maybe the developers version?
Please forgive my hopelessly incompetent screen-captures [:">]
Cec
I was happy to find version 5,
and this is what happened when I tried it:
http://ceciliabr.com/sh3d/SH3D-v5-photo-creation.mov
As you can see, it worked like it should. So I'm back on v5, and happy.
Can I possibly be doing something wrong?
Is there a special version of Java required, maybe the developers version?
Please forgive my hopelessly incompetent screen-captures [:">]
Cec
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.5
Thanks for posting these videos. Really strange issue that I still can't reproduce under macOS 10.10 and 10.12 [:(]
If needed, all installers are available here so maybe, you're not obliged to go back to such an old version.
Could you try to install Java 8 and run Sweet Home 3D 5.5 from its Jar Executable or Java Web Start versions?
If needed, all installers are available here so maybe, you're not obliged to go back to such an old version.
Could you try to install Java 8 and run Sweet Home 3D 5.5 from its Jar Executable or Java Web Start versions?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D creator
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.5
@Puybaret
I tried the online version. It seems it cannot produce images, only print.
cec
I tried the online version. It seems it cannot produce images, only print.
cec
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.5
No icons for creating photo or video.

Cec

Cec
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests