objects added are much smaller than described

This topic has been viewed 2255 times and has 2 replies
Thread status: Active
How can I do this? [img]http://www.sweethome3d.com/images/flags/en_small.gif[/img]
Post Reply New Topic
Jami88
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:44 am
Country: Candada

objects added are much smaller than described

Post by Jami88 »

Hi, major beginner here, I added a bathtub to my floor plan, it says its 5' wide, but it shows up as about 3 inches wide on my floor plan. Can someone tell me what I did wrong or how to fix it? My apologies in advance if it is something very obvious, I just can't seem to figure it out. Thanks!
User avatar
hansmex
Posts: 4027
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:36 am
Country: Netherlands

Re: objects added are much smaller than described

Post by hansmex »

Not all imported models use the same internal measurement system (for lack of a better word). During importation you need to multiply (or divide) the model sizes by 2.54, 10 or some other factor to get the accurate size.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
Jami88
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:44 am
Country: Candada

Re: objects added are much smaller than described

Post by Jami88 »

Thanks so much for the reply - turns out I'm just a complete moron, and was entering my measurements in feet when they should have been inches....sigh.
Post Reply New Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest