confused How do you work the lights again?

This topic has been viewed 10508 times and has 26 replies
Thread status: Active
How can I do this? [img]http://www.sweethome3d.com/images/flags/en_small.gif[/img]
User avatar
pencilart
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:37 pm

How do you work the lights again?

Post by pencilart »

Attached is my latest attempt to render an image using the advanced photo plugin.

How do you make the lights come from the ceiling, rather than the floor? No matter what I do, they only seem to be coming from the floor. I also had put lights below the cabinets but they aren't working either. I hope you can see my settings in the screenshot.
Attachments
sh3dcrazylights.jpeg
sh3dcrazylights.jpeg (177.26 KiB) Viewed 2922497 times
User avatar
Puybaret
Posts: 9440
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 pm
Country: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: How do you work the lights again?

Post by Puybaret »

Did you try to change the elevation of the lights?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D creator
User avatar
pencilart
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Re: How do you work the lights again?

Post by pencilart »

Yes, to 80 inches and the others were at 45 inches.
P.S. the version is AdvancedRendering-1.6.sh3p and I'm using SH3D 2.6.
User avatar
whippetsleek
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:54 pm

Re: How do you work the lights again?

Post by whippetsleek »

I might be wrong, it is a little hard to see your settings, but it looks like you have the height of the bulbs set at 80" and not the elevation? I found out through my own errors that the height of the light bulbs won't make the light go higher.. [:)] It has to be elevated like a piece of furniture.
Image
User avatar
pencilart
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Re: How do you work the lights again?

Post by pencilart »

The elevation is at 80 inches, not the height.

I just tried it with the regular "Create Photo" plugin and it does the same thing, the lights seem to be coming from the floor, rather than the ceiling.

I also made the elevation of the lights at 14 feet and 10 feet but that did not make any difference at all.

It just looks like the lights are upside down or something.
Attachments
kitchen.png
kitchen.png (96.35 KiB) Viewed 643819 times
User avatar
hansmex
Posts: 4027
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:36 am
Country: Netherlands

Re: How do you work the lights again?

Post by hansmex »

Pencilart,

Can you publish your file, so we can have a look at what is happening?

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
User avatar
pencilart
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Re: How do you work the lights again?

Post by pencilart »

I hope this link will work for you:
http://rapidshare.com/files/419462795/kitchen.sh3d
Then pick the free user link.
User avatar
Puybaret
Posts: 9440
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 pm
Country: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: How do you work the lights again?

Post by Puybaret »

Pencilart, you have multiple problems:
- first the only active light shown is a ceiling light. How a ceiling light can have an effect at floor level, will you ask?!? The height of a ceiling light is equal to the height of the wall end closest to the room center (I know this algorithm isn't perfect but it's the way it works in the current version). In your case, this closest wall is the one under your shelves behind the camera and is 36 inches high.
- second I don't know where you got the "BasicPlusExtraLights" and "basicLights" lights, but as they have no "classic" bulb icon, I suspect you imported these lights from an OBJ file. This can't work this way; You must use lights coming from an SH3F file, either basicLights.sh3f or BasicPlusExtraLights.sh3f.

Conclusion: import SH3F files containing lights, replace your 3 lights by some coming from the SH3F files, and turn off ceiling lights to avoid the problem with your small wall.

I hope this will help... [:)]
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D creator
db4tech
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
Country: UK

Re: How do you work the lights again?

Post by db4tech »

Hi pencilart,

I have discovered what your problem is. [:)]

Here is a new "Fast" render (I used the new lights and new AdvancedRenderingMini-1.6.1 for this)

Image

The problem was caused because you had a tiny height wall behind the cupboards, in the bottom right hand corner of your build, so that made the ceiling lights appear very low because the ceiling slopped down to the floor.
You also had about 3 walls for every wall of the building, not sure how that may have happened?

Looking at the name of the furniture lights you seem to have added the BasicPlusExtraLights furniture directory as a single model, so you wouldn't see the light bulbs in your furniture list, plus one of the extra lights you added was at a height above the ceiling.

Here is your model, I have left all the extra walls and added 2 light bulbs.
http://rapidshare.com/files/419477626/kitchen.sh3d


When you added the BasicPlusExtraLights did you double click the file to add it to your furniture list?

Hope this helps!

db4tech

Edit:
I see Emmanuel beat me to it while I was preparing my post! [:)]
User avatar
Puybaret
Posts: 9440
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 pm
Country: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: How do you work the lights again?

Post by Puybaret »

Sorry db4tech [;)]
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D creator
Post Reply New Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest