Custom roof. Tutorials do not help.

This topic has been viewed 1612 times and has 2 replies
Thread status: Active
How can I do this? [img]http://www.sweethome3d.com/images/flags/en_small.gif[/img]
Post Reply New Topic
rulllesss
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:35 pm
Country: Ukraine

Custom roof. Tutorials do not help.

Post by rulllesss »

Hello,
I'm new to Sweet Home 3D, but find it quite useful.
I have been trying to build a roof. I went through some videos and samples how to build custom roof from walls (then export to obj and import as furniture)
The problem is that one part of the roof can be be build from either rectangular triangle (slooping wall) or rectangle (simple wall). What I need is parallelogram.
Pleae look at the image Image
here is where I stucked Image

Could you suggest how can I get parallelogram (which can not be done as 2 rectangular triangles) ?
User avatar
Puybaret
Posts: 9440
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 pm
Country: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: Custom roof. Tutorials do not help.

Post by Puybaret »

Hello,
Maybe you could try the Shape Generator plug-in available here.
You can also create a dummy room at an upper floor, export it at OBJ format and import the generated file, or use a box + 2 triangles.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D creator
rulllesss
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:35 pm
Country: Ukraine

Re: Custom roof. Tutorials do not help.

Post by rulllesss »

Thanks a lot. That helped!
Post Reply New Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest