Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 262 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
No textures in ViewER-VR
After encountering many past ways of trying to view SweetHome3D models in Google Cardboard, I came across ViewER-VR which can display ojb models in 3D virtua...by Trinition » - 3 Replies
- 2517 Views
-
Last post by Trinition
-
-
-
Length of a wall
It is unclear to me what the exact length of a wall is. I don't have a floor plan, so I go through my home, measuring each wall individually. In SweetHome3D ...by lightweave » - 12 Replies
- 9937 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Site Plan and/or Boundary Limitations
Hi All! I am trying to add a site plan and/or boundary limitations using Sweet Home 3D (which I am finding VERY easy to use and fantastic). DEsigning my hous...by ozmike » - 3 Replies
- 5728 Views
-
Last post by alaX
-
-
- 36 Replies
- 46932 Views
-
Last post by knxville
-
-
How to reverse a door hinge point
Yep I'm sure this is an easy one for your pros, but I cannot get a door to hinge on the correct side and swing into the room to open along a wall. I can rota...by Bioman » - 1 Replies
- 3199 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Importing furniture - group of objects
Hi, can you please advise, how I can select / add to the project particular furniture only when importing group of objects, eg. https://3dwarehouse.sketchup....by sharkys » - 3 Replies
- 2017 Views
-
Last post by sharkys
-
-
-
How to input multi line text
I need to write a multi line note on the drawing. Is there a way to achieve this ? Thank youby mansour77 » - 1 Replies
- 3828 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Floor Texture - Adjusting Problem
Hi all, Firstly, I would like to share with my admiration for the software. It is great. I am using SH3D for two weeks in planning my apartment. I have encou...by raczek » - 8 Replies
- 9249 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
create sh3f library
I have a lot of objects to load in Sweet Home and I don't want to do it "one by one". Is there a program I can use to create a library sh3f ? Thank you.by morellik » - 8 Replies
- 3806 Views
-
Last post by dorin
-
-
-
How do I protect a room from moving or changing?
Very often when I click into the plan I accidentally move the room. Often I don't notice that at all. How can I protect a room? I can add any object to the b...by epunkt » - 1 Replies
- 2141 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
- 5 Replies
- 3845 Views
-
Last post by FDpaffie
-
-
Optimum lighting for rendered photos
Hey Guys, I was wondering if there is an optimum setting than can be used for lighting, so that when I render an image in 3d, it's not too bright and not too...by dubstastic » - 1 Replies
- 2390 Views
-
Last post by AdeleAlli
-
-
-
no Add Level Option
Hallo I have in issue adding levels. I do not see an add level option on the home menu under PLAN. Also no add level option when i right click on the drawing...by jansteyn » - 1 Replies
- 1678 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Accuracy of Object Movement
Hi all, My Apartment's ground plan is rather winded, so I'm sceptical whether I will be able to bring-in a new Seating Furniture into my Appartment's living ...by Max100 » - 2 Replies
- 1748 Views
-
Last post by Max100
-
-
-
Wall not connected to ceiling
There is a old thread about it. But I cannot get a solution. Is there a solution now? I have an open kitchen with low walls. But in the 3D it will connected ...by Bummibaer » - 1 Replies
- 2550 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Change font size in dimension numbers
Hello everybody, Can you change the font size of the numbers in the dimension specification? In my plan, I can change the font size of the numbers of the are...by Jxdust » - 3 Replies
- 9169 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Easy import with CSV files
Hi everybody, I read that some users had problems with import of csv file. It's so simple. [:D] Rename the created csv file with SH3D in format txt. Open it ...by bdfd » - 8 Replies
- 3224 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Trapeziod walls
Is there a feature that enables me to draw trapeziod walls for octagonal buildings and walls?by KHaebi » - 1 Replies
- 1996 Views
-
Last post by harbinger
-
-
-
cylinder mod?
Does anyone know if its possible to make the cylinder, available from the library, into a circle?by Mike53 » - 4 Replies
- 2064 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
-
moving all parts at once (in z coordinate)
Hello, I draw the hole top floor. But I did the mistake to think about the distance to the ground. Now, I would like to add the ground floor. Is there any op...by hans_wurst » - 2 Replies
- 2841 Views
-
Last post by hans_wurst
-
-
-
Textures stacking when it should be wrapping
I've made a coffeetable and tried adding an oak texture to the legs, but the texture seems to stack which makes stripes on the legs, instead of wrapping and ...by Christian__N » - 3 Replies
- 1516 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
3D navigation for a whole appartment
Hi, I created a whole appartment and my problem is that I can't navigate well in the 3D representation. The view seems to be centred and I can't get a good v...by waliu » - 1 Replies
- 2566 Views
-
Last post by Christian__N
-
-
-
How to show the cote values
I just re-installed Sweet Home 3D on my new computer with Windows 10 and I notice that when I had a cote on my plan, it doesn't show the values anymore… I lo...by ClaudeParmentier » - 0 Replies
- 1548 Views
-
Last post by ClaudeParmentier
-
-
-
make realistic grass
I'm looking for a way to make realistic looking grass. Not just a photo, copying it self. I have tried different settings in "modify 3D view" but the all see...by denmyos » - 12 Replies
- 8971 Views
-
Last post by Lecherman
-
-
-
Hither and yon?
I have run into a small problem making videos with the "same rendering as in the 3D view"-setting. What I see in the preview window does not match the video ...by Ceciliabr » - 13 Replies
- 9353 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How create a balcony ....
Hi all, I'm new on this wonderful program. I'm creating my home but I donàt know how create a balcony. There is no balcony in the library an no right railing...by flashman » - 3 Replies
- 26299 Views
-
Last post by Lilia1996
-
-
-
How can I draw different skirting boards in one room?
Hello, im new with Sweet Home 3D and hope for your help: Our rental apartment has different baseboards, which differ in material, height, depth and width. We...by sterope » - 1 Replies
- 2745 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
GPU rendering
Hi all, I do not understand which unit sh3d uses to render, CPU or GPU? The usage is automatic based on the resolution and quality of the rendering (for exam...by AdeleAlli » - 3 Replies
- 5205 Views
-
Last post by UbuntuBirdy
-
-
-
Curved floors
Hi all, does anyone know if it is possible to curve the floor in sh3d? As the possibility to curve walls but instead I need to curve the floor (created by th...by AdeleAlli » - 2 Replies
- 4613 Views
-
Last post by AdeleAlli
-
-
-
Adding markers that won't be lost when I export to obj
Hi, this question is about importing sweet home 3d generated obj files into THREE.js and detecting points of interest from within javascript. I can see that ...by nurettin » - 3 Replies
- 2166 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Fixing walls or single layers / Fixieren von Wänden oder Nivaus
How can I fix single walls or total layers so that I could not move them inadvertently? How can I do this also with dimension lines? (changes in other layers...by Frieda12345 » - 2 Replies
- 2169 Views
-
Last post by Frieda12345
-
-
-
rotating a whole house
After many hours of work i just realize that my house and garden walls are facing the wrong way. I need to rotate 4 levels 90 degrees. But i dont see any opt...by denmyos » - 3 Replies
- 12749 Views
-
Last post by UbuntuBirdy
-
-
-
Attachments Glass blocks
I am trying to use the glass blocks found in the model library and I also use the service window to accomodate those glass blocks, but for some reasons, the ...by rontant » - 18 Replies
- 12265 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
-
-
Render problem with light and reflections
All objects have been set to opaque, here below render without and with lights: Render without lights Render with sunlight I want the black elements to remai...by ZioLollo » - 6 Replies
- 3153 Views
-
Last post by UbuntuBirdy
-
-
-
Pyramid Roof
Hello all, I've been using SH3D on-and-off for about 8 years. I've usually been able to find an answer without posting, but I'm stuck on this one. I am looki...by CGreene » - 2 Replies
- 2775 Views
-
Last post by CGreene
-
-
-
Balcony Issue
I have made a balcony .obj. If it is set to be a door/window, then it connects to the wall, but it's depth is changed to 0"3" when it should remain at 6'. If...by Amerigo » - 1 Replies
- 2213 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Importing BIMX files
I have a number of BIMX files which I would like to import to Sweet Home (running on Mint 19). IS this possible and, if so, how do I go about it?by Gewitty » - 1 Replies
- 1958 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
ryzen 5 2400g for 3D render?
Has anybody used the Ryzen 5 2400g for 3d rendering? Or what system is good for realistic images? Photos only no video. Thanksby roro98 » - 4 Replies
- 1900 Views
-
Last post by UbuntuBirdy
-
-
-
PDF problem. Adds thick/double-lines
Hello! First forum-question for me. I've made a drawing of my house, everything looks good, but when I save/print the file as a PDF it adds thicker lines, an...by AFFE » - 1 Replies
- 1781 Views
-
Last post by AFFE
-
-
-
Levels and random behavior of objects
Hello First of all, congrats for the great software. I start using it a week ago and still learning. Thus I have a question regarding levels and objects. Whe...by ridom » - 1 Replies
- 1461 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How Do I Delete Catalog Folder?
I accidentally imported a texture library as a model library somehow, and now I can't get rid of it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it's still...by CasualDesigner » - 3 Replies
- 2396 Views
-
Last post by CasualDesigner
-
-
-
Wall capy and paste
Hi all. Is possible to make a copy and paste of walls already built in another project? I need them with a certain angle, that’s the problem. Is that possibl...by esse2003 » - 5 Replies
- 2014 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Looking for tips on building a model out of these floor drawings...
Hi all, first time caller here looking for tips on building a model out of these floor drawings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r1aviolggemy ... r.png?dl=0 https...by herojig » - 4 Replies
- 1872 Views
-
Last post by herojig
-
-
-
How to print in large paper (A2)
Hi there. I love to use SH3D. But I'm having a big problem. I'd like to print in big paper and with 1:50 scale, and I do not know How to do it. Thanks. Clovi...by Clovis » - 1 Replies
- 2738 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Attachments adding texture to a box
Hello all, When I add a texture to a box, it stretches the texture image to the size of the box face, as opposed to replicating the image....any thoughts wha...by petefastfeet » - 4 Replies
- 3764 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Some notes after fist usage
Today I used SweetHome3D-5.7 for the first time. The plan was to get a true-to-scale representation of all rooms in an existing appartment, including dimensi...by olh » - 4 Replies
- 4172 Views
-
Last post by olh
-
-
-
Variable names on dimensions
Hi, Is there a way to use variables to fill positions (x,y), dimensions, etc? I mean, I have many items that have the same width and would like to change it ...by xpatux » - 2 Replies
- 2270 Views
-
Last post by xpatux
-
-
-
Adding a subfloor to an existing single story design
Amazing design program! Thank you SH3D! Amateur enthusiast designing our single story dream home. Realized I need to add a 24" - 36" subfloor UNDER the exist...by Bolster » - 9 Replies
- 2888 Views
-
Last post by Xiste
-
-
-
How can I take a picture of two connected levels?
I'm trying to recreate a skylight room (patio de luz in Spanish, I don't know how to translate it properly) and I created two floors, with a transparent box ...by demalmar » - 1 Replies
- 1568 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
I love SweetHome but...
I love SweetHome I use it for couple years but I would like to move forward. I know it's free and can't be perfect so my questions is what program can make 3...by jimass » - 22 Replies
- 6907 Views
-
Last post by enkonyito
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest