Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 258 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
Moving walls when connected to angled walls
Hi, I have a house layout with some 45deg walls connected to more normal 0deg and 90deg walls The tool does a great job of creating the first layout I strugg...by lubimaer » - 7 Replies
- 1538 Views
-
Last post by sjb007
-
-
-
Resize entire project
Hi all, I have been using SweetHome3d to replicate my new house and work on some renovations. When I replicated the floorplan I didn't notice that CM was bei...by lvmnky » - 2 Replies
- 1571 Views
-
Last post by lvmnky
-
-
-
Color of imported furniture is always grey
Hi, I am new to Sweet Home 3D, and I would like to ask a question regarding the color of imported furniture. My goal is to create a kitchen in my CAD package...by StefanH » - 4 Replies
- 2217 Views
-
Last post by Xiste
-
-
-
Exact Wall Alignment Issues
1. there does not seem to be any option to fix your wall position on centre, or either edge of wall - it always centres it seems this makes sizing and dimens...by decard » - 19 Replies
- 8783 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Adding Furniture To Existing Library.
How can I modify an entry in Dimensional Lumber library, and save the modification as an addition so that the original remains, using Furntiture Library Editor?by jerry1957 » - 3 Replies
- 4245 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Change Orientation Of Dimensional Lumber
When placing a piece of lumber from Dimensional Lumber on the 2d Plan, for example a 2"x4"x8', the 4" side is on the flat plane. How can I re-orient the lumb...by jerry1957 » - 1 Replies
- 2009 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Set walls by interior dimensions?
Howdy, Brand new to this program but want to make a layout for my house. The question I have is, what's the best way to do a room layout. When I measure my w...by kelemvor » - 13 Replies
- 31361 Views
-
Last post by dorin
-
-
-
Print to Scale to PDF without Pagination
I'm able to change the scale and get the print to occur at the right size, but it always paginates. I'd like to print to a large format printer (that I do no...by bantar » - 18 Replies
- 43975 Views
-
Last post by beral
-
-
-
Is there a tutorial for creating furniture/symbols in 2D
I can't find very basic electric symbols for an electrical panel, since it's a very simple 2D design, thinking in making it in Blender or GIMP, is there any ...by michaelbr » - 2 Replies
- 1835 Views
-
Last post by michaelbr
-
-
-
Wall pattern disappears in SVG when embedded in website
When I embed a SVG file which I exported from Sweet Home 3D (Plan > Export to SVG format) into a website, the wall pattern disappears. Anyone has the same is...by flip3 » - 13 Replies
- 3022 Views
-
Last post by flip3
-
-
-
Lower object above stairs in 2D.
Have a desk partially under stairs. Perfect in 3D. In 2D it appears that the desk is over the stairs. Have noticed the same thing when putting chairs under a...by estes53 » - 2 Replies
- 1557 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Problems with the length of the walls
Hello, we have a question regarding the length of the walls when connecting four walls together. Our walls have an outer length of 755 cm and 940 cm. The wal...by Frunsman » - 1 Replies
- 2894 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Cutting an angle on flooring and lumber
Greetings all. I was wondering if there is an easy way to cut an angle on a sheet of plywood or a base plate? Working with hexagons, so 30 and 60 degree most...by Peppyy » - 2 Replies
- 1385 Views
-
Last post by Peppyy
-
-
-
Change opacity level of floor color in 2D plan view
Hello, When I export a 2D floor plan I notice that the floor has a 75% opacity which I changed to 100% in the SVG file. Is there anywhere an option to change...by flip3 » - 2 Replies
- 1241 Views
-
Last post by flip3
-
-
-
Can't open sh3d file
Hello, i dunno wherelse to post my problem. I cannot open my sh3d file, when it starts to read it it sends a simple "error" msg. just says it can{t be opened...by tatagil » - 9 Replies
- 4666 Views
-
Last post by KamiKing
-
-
-
led moldings
greetings to everyone, I would like to put led moldings on the floor and wall, I don't know how to do it in the program, if anyone knows, please help me and ...by Danmari » - 18 Replies
- 4029 Views
-
Last post by Danmari
-
-
-
Floor thickness being ignored?
Hi all. I'm slowly working my way through the merge of multiple floors into a single model. For context, the garage floor is sunk almost 3' below the first f...by bTal » - 2 Replies
- 1092 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
How to show area between walls ?
Hi, when you create rooms, you can have their area displayed. see below in the screenshot: In the following screenshot you can see that area can also be disp...by Micke2nd » - 3 Replies
- 1490 Views
-
Last post by Micke2nd
-
-
-
Merging levels from multiple files
Greetings, all! I created the first and second levels of a house as separate files, with no previous consideration that it might eventually be beneficial to ...by bTal » - 4 Replies
- 3576 Views
-
Last post by sjb007
-
-
-
Can generate photos, but can't save them!
I use the feature create photo. It creates an image file. The dialog to save appears, but there is no way to change the name, or choose a folder to save it. ...by Kenny48 » - 1 Replies
- 2414 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Working with walls and ceilings in 3D
OK so: I imagine most people aren't as obsessed with walls and ceilings for general use. However, I'm trying to render a commercial project where there's way...by A.D.STUDIO » - 6 Replies
- 2816 Views
-
Last post by A.D.STUDIO
-
-
-
I Dream Of Flying
Is there are way to "fly" in virtual visit mode? I'd really like to be able to move up and down. Thanks!by A.D.STUDIO » - 3 Replies
- 2306 Views
-
Last post by A.D.STUDIO
-
-
-
Wall panel inside door frame
I have a door frame with a door in it around 80% the height of the frame. I need to add a simple panel above the door to fill the gap. Thoughts?by A.D.STUDIO » - 5 Replies
- 2736 Views
-
Last post by A.D.STUDIO
-
-
-
Opening a door
I apologize for the very basic question. I created a door but I want to see it open, so that I can see thru it. How can I do? Regards mariusby marius_roma » - 5 Replies
- 11424 Views
-
Last post by A.D.STUDIO
-
-
-
Stairs don't reach the wall height
I created a 2-level structure with doors on the second level. 8 foot walls. When I try to add the Exterior Stairs, they do not match the wall height. When I ...by FlaStorm32 » - 6 Replies
- 3574 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Articulation of the day. 4 n 1 problems
I'm sorry guys/gals. I do not think I have been articulating what I have been trying to say. I think I figured out this latest problem on how to say it: 1. H...by Soulis » - 5 Replies
- 2237 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
- 5 Replies
- 2129 Views
-
Last post by KelvinUceta
-
-
Scrolling the plan horizontally
I feel like I am going insane. How do I scroll the 2D plan horizontally? As far as I can tell, it worked fine yesterday or I did not notice. But I just canno...by lorborgmorg » - 1 Replies
- 1840 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
File / background limit
I'm trying to create a model of the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California. I'm interested in the rooms upstairs (I'm organizing a conference t...by smcitscc » - 3 Replies
- 1518 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Hide elements from Map but not 3D View
Hi, I encounter this problem constantly, so I am hoping there is a simple solution. I often have very large elements ("furniture") that are cover a majority ...by MarkusBohu » - 1 Replies
- 3133 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
How to combine multiple levels
I have 11 levels, my first effort, for a two story house.How do I combine some layers to create a full plan view? How do I combine all layers for a total 3d ...by Digup » - 7 Replies
- 2387 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
CCTV Camera ? (view point "triangle" )
HI what if i want to set some cameras, (easy create model) BUT print in 2D view its viwwpoint, i.e. the "triangle" which shows what is the visible areas of t...by ploufus » - 3 Replies
- 2359 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Scale down the entire 2d object when changing the background image to smaller
Hi everyone I added a background image and drew a plan first, then I resized the image to make it smaller. Currently I want to shrink all objects according t...by quang219 » - 1 Replies
- 1778 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Headless Video Rendering
Hi everybody, And thanks first of all for this excellent software. I have used it proficiently in the past month to prepare a 3D model of my new home. Just b...by ilpelle » - 3 Replies
- 2772 Views
-
Last post by beji
-
-
-
Doors and windows avoid unwanted deformation- my way mini tip
The unwanted deformation of doors and widows inserted in walls is very old (at least for me). Motivations: All the doors and windows I bought were made of wo...by dorin » - 4 Replies
- 3520 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
How do l ...
1. How do I lower the pool into the floor to make it an inground pool? I tried doing a negative elevation, but it didn't work. 2. What am I doing wrong? 3. A...by Soulis » - 5 Replies
- 1677 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
- 5 Replies
- 3860 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
Room Dimensions / Walls
When I make a room, how do I pull up an info pane where I can enter (1) coordinates, and (2) dimensions? In the 2D interface, it doesn't seem possible to sna...by A.D.STUDIO » - 4 Replies
- 1696 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Can I hang things from the ceiling?
Acoustic panels specifically, but other stuff like fans and fire things. Thanks!by A.D.STUDIO » - 2 Replies
- 1745 Views
-
Last post by A.D.STUDIO
-
-
-
How to set elevation on lines?
Hello all, Any ideas on how to set the elevation on lines - as I would like to use the "polylines" in order to draw the electric wires/ UTP / water pipes ......by baldhead » - 4 Replies
- 3081 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Best Scale & Centered printing 2d
Having great difficulty here understanding how to get different levels centered on a printed page, and at best scale. Can a portion of a plan be specified fo...by ddruck » - 3 Replies
- 3144 Views
-
Last post by JefJago
-
-
-
Automatic dimensions addition
Hello, How to add automatically the internal dimensions of all the rooms?by mulanee » - 8 Replies
- 3403 Views
-
Last post by dorin
-
-
-
Is there a way to color 2D view
when I make walls it is easy to color the sides and top as they present in the 3D model. But I would like to color walls in the 2D rendering to make it easie...by archibaldtuttle » - 2 Replies
- 1986 Views
-
Last post by archibaldtuttle
-
-
-
Optimizing objects for display in the htmlviewer?
I fully understand the construction of an object. I also understand the OBJ and MTL file formats and the meaning of the different lines. What I don't know is...by Keet » - 5 Replies
- 2072 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Flat stencils similar to Autocad?
Hi, are there any stencils that are simple line drawings similar to what an audocad 2d floor plan would look like?by amanlikeisaiah » - 6 Replies
- 2027 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
can generate corresponding walls, windows, doors from 2D floorplan?
is it possible to automatically recognize imported 2D floorplan and generate corresponding walls, windows, doors, etc? just like the result as https: //getfl...by lubin88 » - 1 Replies
- 1625 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
zoom on specific spot
is there a way to inidcate the area you want to zoom to or set a center click at the center of where you want to zoomThanks, brianby archibaldtuttle » - 1 Replies
- 1745 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Draw False Ceiling
Currently, I create false ceilings using a box positioned at a certain height and inserting lights. All in all, it works fine, although for rooms that don't ...by ArtOfHome » - 4 Replies
- 3466 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Is there a plugin to measure things in aerial view?
I have a problem that I have to fill a non-perpendicular hole in a wall and all I have is what I can see in the aerial view. I could of course design a 3d sh...by MartinH81 » - 16 Replies
- 3389 Views
-
Last post by MartinH81
-
-
-
page size / sheet size image centering
it is an incredibly tedious workaround to try and get a .pdf that places the image on single sheet with sheet size according to the scale desired. instead it...by archibaldtuttle » - 17 Replies
- 23554 Views
-
Last post by NIMAN
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest