Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 260 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
Resizing a House Plan
i want to create a down-sized mini-me version of current house plan i am working take 1m out of the length on one and 2m out of the width on other side just ...by decard » - 4 Replies
- 2200 Views
-
Last post by decard
-
-
-
Added Plugins ... Appearance
i have added all (applicable) plugins do they generally just present as additional menu options within existing menus, eg the Advanced Editing add-on that wa...by decard » - 4 Replies
- 2073 Views
-
Last post by dorin
-
-
-
Forum: Notifications
i cannot see anywhere relevant to post this, and everything else seems less relevant. i cannot see any setting to turn email (or any other) Notifications of ...by decard » - 6 Replies
- 2515 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Export furniture to CSV
How can I export all entries to a csv without expanding each group manually ? Sadly there is also no "expand all" and I have to step through all groupings to...by AlbertVonMoosseedorf » - 2 Replies
- 2861 Views
-
Last post by AlbertVonMoosseedorf
-
-
-
Empty Space in imported Model
Hi all, I've been playing with blender and managed to model a desk i want to use in a plan. The model is to scale in blender at 160cmx120x73cm I export the m...by bengillam » - 6 Replies
- 2299 Views
-
Last post by dorin
-
-
-
Problem with the import of *.obj file
Hello Forum Today I run in a issue: I created in SketchUp a *.obj file. On attempt to import to the furniture library I got the pop- up saying something like...by T_R » - 9 Replies
- 2548 Views
-
Last post by T_R
-
-
-
Copy a level from one Plan to another (editable)
Hi all, I am trying to copy one or two levels from one home plan to another. How can I do this and still have the newly copied level editable in the new home...by anderjoe » - 4 Replies
- 5601 Views
-
Last post by Fran63
-
-
-
texture application on TOP of a.wall?
Hello Forum, I have a challenging question: How to apply a texture on top of a wall? Scenario: There is a swimming pool ( or similar) who has typical tile Te...by T_R » - 2 Replies
- 1836 Views
-
Last post by Daniels118
-
-
- 2 Replies
- 2012 Views
-
Last post by decard
-
-
Deselecting
i cannot find a way to simply DESELECT an item ie so nothing is selected. ESC certainly does not work: although that would be the obvious. the problem of not...by decard » - 8 Replies
- 2586 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Create custom lights in SweetHome 3D
Is there a way to create our own lights in SweetHome? Thanks.by manolo_elmas » - 2 Replies
- 1949 Views
-
Last post by manolo_elmas
-
-
-
how to create out of multiple niveous a single new SH3d file
Hello allout of my project with more or less 20 niveous , I like to copy a resulting opject in new SH3D file. The object is situated on 4 different nieveau. ...by T_R » - 1 Replies
- 2070 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to draw precisely -mini tip
I want to share my method to draw precisely. I use it mainly for existing buildings where surrounding rooms with walls are not an option wile walls could hav...by dorin » - 3 Replies
- 7053 Views
-
Last post by dorin
-
-
-
Attachments Draw a wall that is not rectangular
I'm trying out Sweet Home 3D but I couldn't figure out how to draw a wall that is not rectangular in shape, like this: At first I thought I could just draw t...by AndreKR » - 6 Replies
- 2930 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Missing Functions: No Sizing Fields for Rooms
there appear to be NO sizing fields for ROOMS, unlike WALLS! you are forced to drag the dimensions manually and try to get right this seems completely crazy.by decard » - 5 Replies
- 2767 Views
-
Last post by decard
-
-
-
double cut out for windows
Hello everybody, I want to insert a window on a thick wall with two different cuts on the inside of the wall and on the outside. suppose the windows are 100x...by flavio57 » - 4 Replies
- 2215 Views
-
Last post by flavio57
-
-
-
Missing Functions: Bulk Setting Changes
i can find no way to do bulk/global setting changes eg 1. how do i change/set ALL my wall heights to the same value (w/o changing individually of course)? 2....by decard » - 3 Replies
- 1944 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
how to draw curved upwards wall?
Hello, community! Can you tell me how to draw a semi-circular wall? I mean semicircular from above, that is, the top edge is curved upwards, not parallel to ...by LouDminsk » - 4 Replies
- 3144 Views
-
Last post by Daniels118
-
-
-
Error exporting SVG
Greetings, Using Sweet Home 3D 7.0.2 under Archlinux and OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.16+8). When I select the Plan->Export to SVG Format command ...by dkaparis » - 3 Replies
- 4616 Views
-
Last post by dkaparis
-
-
-
Importing articulated objects
I'm wondering how to import a 3d model that's articulated, such as the mannequin that's included with Sweet Home 3D? I have no problem importing .obj files a...by RykRok » - 2 Replies
- 2614 Views
-
Last post by RykRok
-
-
-
Render misty-sandy
Hello everyone I did a study. I got a render. But the result was like this. am i making a mistake somewhere? How can I get a quality image?by k005 » - 4 Replies
- 2367 Views
-
Last post by k005
-
-
- 1 Replies
- 2901 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
Need Pro-Help!
Hello Forum, Im new here and I use this fantastic Software to "build" houses who are may been extinguished soon for privat documentation only ( may one day s...by T_R » - 14 Replies
- 6291 Views
-
Last post by T_R
-
-
-
Change The Categories in the Menu
So I would like to rename or change the "Category" names that in the descriptions when modifying furniture or when using the furniture editor. Is there a way...by kaotiktrendz » - 5 Replies
- 3548 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Multiple selectable textures for a single object part
Is it possible to attach multiple textures to a single object face to make them selectable by the user? Example: I created a start platform for a competition...by Keet » - 2 Replies
- 3299 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Delete Furniture That There Is No Library
So I have decided to merge all the furniture libraries into one, and then delete the libraries from the folder the program uses so that I would have a clean ...by kaotiktrendz » - 2 Replies
- 3111 Views
-
Last post by kaotiktrendz
-
-
-
Can't add new level
I have been using sweethome 3d on mac for years and was very familiar with the program. My computer is now so old that I just don't have the memory to suppor...by MelRut419 » - 2 Replies
- 4073 Views
-
Last post by MelRut419
-
-
-
Export_Too_Small
When doing a print to PDF the result is really small. Even with a print_preview does the plan show as a small rectangle on the overall preview. The plan is a...by pencil » - 1 Replies
- 3487 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Italian typical ceiling Star vault or Stella vault
Hi Everyone, does anybody built a typical italian ceiling named Star Vault or Stella vault? You can se it here Star vault or Stella vault Thank you so muchby claudiobello » - 3 Replies
- 3146 Views
-
Last post by ndorigatti
-
-
-
Plug in RotateHome
Please can someone help me to install 'Plug in RotateHome' in Linux- Ubuntu AND Windows. Could not find. Thank you.by KandW » - 2 Replies
- 2823 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
FurnitureLibraryEditor (Import not working)
I'm a new user, so it could be user error. I am trying to create a new library with obj files, but when I go to import furniture, no files (or folders) appea...by joshuaanstey » - 3 Replies
- 3825 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Any Link to upload a home or office design ?
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a link to upload home or office designs done by oneself, that can be usefull to anyone else ?, (I have 3 small designs, o...by Alvaro02 » - 1 Replies
- 2462 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Round room: How to split walls for coloring?
Hello, first: Many thanks that again an new version is out (V7) and the development is done on and on. It´s so nice to have this super tool. My todays proble...by Soulbrother » - 10 Replies
- 5203 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Unable to delete camera if I want
Once I imported the camera I cannot delete it again, to get an overview without camera. Is that right or does anyone know a way to delete the camera?by hobbyrv » - 4 Replies
- 7634 Views
-
Last post by deluciap
-
-
-
How can I make a wall keep the measure without the wall itself?
So, I measure a wall of the room (from the inside of the apartment) and write it down... but when I'm actually trying to make it, the measure is somehow wron...by Takuto_90 » - 4 Replies
- 4331 Views
-
Last post by freynder
-
-
-
How can I make tray ceiling?
Hey, does anybody have sh3d file for tray ceiling that I can manipulate already or any kind of ceiling? Trellis also, thank you. It would help so much. We've...by asqwzxc » - 1 Replies
- 2244 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Newbie question re land size
Hiya, i have used this program a few years ago to design our house, trying to build an extension on another house now, but the floor plan size is too small, ...by Magpiegirl » - 1 Replies
- 3907 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Trouble installing Furniture Editor
I just installed the latest version of Java and downloaded the latest Furniture Editor (there are no previous versions of either installed). All instructions...by cstaudt » - 8 Replies
- 2169 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Attachments I cannot see the color of the rooms when rooms overlap. Why?
Is there a way to tell which room is on top? I ask this because when I created the perimeter walls of the building, I automatically created a room covering t...by titust11 » - 12 Replies
- 7148 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Need help - how do I configure yafaray?
3rd time posting, my posts aren't going through. I've searched for how to configure yafaray, but I can't find where the settings are. In particular, I'd like...by hammm3r » - 2 Replies
- 2066 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to display as a simple floorplan?
I would like to display a sh3d floorplan in a simple and traditional way, like this link. Is this possible?by yurivict » - 1 Replies
- 2031 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Building Shell from a floor plan
Hello, We have created 3d floor plans for our building and now would like to enclose this into a building with ceiling etc.. Is there a video or example on h...by langancm » - 3 Replies
- 2402 Views
-
Last post by bert.struik
-
-
-
Material List
Hello, I'm new to this and was wondering is there a way to generate a materials list for my project? It lists doors, windows and such but I cannot see where ...by Robitron » - 1 Replies
- 2355 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Snap to the end of the wall
In the drawings at the junction of all the walls (according to the seismic regulations) I have to insert concrete columns. They must be shown in the draft. I...by Rolinger » - 1 Replies
- 1932 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Zoom plan centered
Hi, I have a question from the very first day I began to use this fabulous programme. Drawing a plan I was wondering if there was a method to keep centered i...by Panexpo » - 2 Replies
- 2473 Views
-
Last post by Panexpo
-
-
-
2 storey - floor - wall - floor -wall
Trying to do a 2 storey house. Watching tutorials, suggestion seems to be draw: GndFloorRoom => GndFloorWall => Add level => 1stFloorRoom => 1stFloorWall.......by hornetster » - 4 Replies
- 2064 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Creating a veranda (porch/patio/balcony)?
Wondering how to create a veranda? Have searched, and can't find anything that really points me in the right direction. Is there a tutorial/video somewhere? ...by hornetster » - 1 Replies
- 3504 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Difference between stories, levels and floors
Hi, I am new to this wonderful Sweet Home program. I read some docs and don't quite understand what's the difference between "stories", "levels" and "floors"...by albert0346 » - 2 Replies
- 1981 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Editing furniture from the list
Hello, Apologies if this was asked before. I checked all the questions posted since April 2021. Is there a way of editing the furniture dimensions by just ad...by luca01 » - 4 Replies
- 1981 Views
-
Last post by luca01
-
-
-
ceiling with different levels
Hello to all, thank you for this so useful forum. I wonder if there is a way to make plaster ceilings in different ceiling levels, like the photo below: Than...by Karolita » - 7 Replies
- 3903 Views
-
Last post by upsetter21
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest