save a home

This topic has been viewed 4536 times and has 8 replies
Thread status: Active
How can I do this? [img]http://www.sweethome3d.com/images/flags/en_small.gif[/img]
Post Reply New Topic
joaovaz
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:55 pm

save a home

Post by joaovaz »

When I trie to save a home draw, the message apears:

Cant't save home in
"C:\Users\Me\Desktop\aaa.sh3d"
RecorderException: Can't save file C:\Users\Me\Desktop\aaa.sh3d"
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Me\Desktop\aaa.sh3d" (The system can not find the file specified)

I work with a Windows 10 PC

Thanks for your help
Joao
User avatar
Puybaret
Posts: 9440
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 pm
Country: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: save a home

Post by Puybaret »

Are you sure you have the rights to write in the folder C:\Users\Me\Desktop?
Or did you try to save your home under a different name?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D creator
joaovaz
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:55 pm

Re: save a home

Post by joaovaz »

The problem continue. I am the owner and administrator off the PC and have full control.
I have JavaSetup8u171 installed.
Thanks
Joao
User avatar
Puybaret
Posts: 9440
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 pm
Country: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: save a home

Post by Puybaret »

Did you try to save an empty file?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D creator
joaovaz
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:55 pm

Re: save a home

Post by joaovaz »

I opened the Sweet Home program and without doing anything tried to save it. The message was the same.

Thanks,

Joao
User avatar
Puybaret
Posts: 9440
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 pm
Country: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: save a home

Post by Puybaret »

Please try to save in another folder or a USB key.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D creator
joaovaz
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:55 pm

Re: save a home

Post by joaovaz »

When I saved it to a USB drive, it already worked. I do not understand why. Anyway I can work. I moved the file created in Sweet Home from the USB drive to the Desktop and it also worked.

Thank you for your help.
John
Glommer67
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:32 pm
Country: United Kingdom

Re: save a home

Post by Glommer67 »

I'm having the same problem, but slightly different circumstances. It's been working today, but has suddenly come up with this error when trying to save. I've just rearranged things, not added anything (except a cube and dimensions). It's my own home pc that I have gobal permissions on, I've tried different folders and a USB. Can't think what else to do.

Help!

Gary
User avatar
Puybaret
Posts: 9440
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 pm
Country: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: save a home

Post by Puybaret »

Maybe you encountered an issue reported by some users about some security settings in Windows which forbid to save some files from an application if not allowed. Please check if it's your case.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D creator
Post Reply New Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest