Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 260 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
Floor Thickness Feature
Hi Puybaret, It would be nice if we can have a feature of adjusting the thickness of the floor in the same room something like the below drawings. ----------...by santbose » - 1 Replies
- 4569 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
- 4 Replies
- 6954 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
Newbie help, please
I am testing Sweet Home 3D as someone who has never really used a design program. As such some of the basics are tripping me up and I'm not finding the answe...by rchute » - 3 Replies
- 5106 Views
-
Last post by JUGGERNAUT
-
-
-
Geolocation & sunshine shadows projection
Hi, 1/ How to geolocate our field as in Sketchup? RE: http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/foru ... hread,4406 2/ How to view the shadows'sun of building onto ...by live » - 5 Replies
- 6169 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Video Too Fast
Hi, When I create a video in 3D View, the playback (.mov) is too fast to easily discern the content. Is there a way to slow it down? The only way I've found ...by nena5217 » - 1 Replies
- 4525 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Sloping glass roof
I've been reading about creating a sloping glass roof and I think I need the CopyAsNewFurniture plugin, but that isn't on the sourceforge download page. Is i...by Twincam » - 3 Replies
- 5068 Views
-
Last post by Twincam
-
-
-
3d zoom
My 3D image, for an unknown reason, suddenly got very small, about 1/4th of its previous size. How do I zoom in the image to get it back to full size? Thanks...by nail59.6768 » - 5 Replies
- 9205 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Elevation Problem
I have a drawing with 3 different levels. basically my basement, then you come up the stairs, and there is a little landing to go into the backyard, then the...by tinboye » - 1 Replies
- 3343 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How can I view my obj file in a web browser
I have created a apartment. Now I want share it via web browser or android tab. But everything I try fails. All android apps are crashing when opening the ob...by harvey186 » - 3 Replies
- 4982 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Furniture in Scene not selectable
Some furniture in the scene can no longer be selected. They appear in the furniture window and in the scene but can not be selected either in the scene (by m...by richardm » - 2 Replies
- 3640 Views
-
Last post by richardm
-
-
-
How do I delete a file?
I've been playing with this program a few years now and have a lot of saved files I would like to delete. How do I delete a file from within the program? Rig...by jjc58 » - 1 Replies
- 2968 Views
-
Last post by tinboye
-
-
-
Problem importing models
I hired a guy to draw some custom models for me. They are in .obj format. I can't import them. When I try to drag and drop, I get an error message; when I tr...by HarveyDunn » - 1 Replies
- 2633 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
wall niche
Hello All I'm new here so please go easy on me until I get the protocol right. I am doing a house design, and would like to place recessed niches in the wall...by rayclout » - 3 Replies
- 4670 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
Resolution problem on high density display
I have Surface Pro 4 with resolution 2736x1824px. My favourite Sweethome became hard to use as everything is very small + small menu issues. Please fix!by bpeguk » - 2 Replies
- 4962 Views
-
Last post by bpeguk
-
-
-
Newbie Question: Can I hire someone to make 3D models of furniture for me?
I find this program pleasingly easy to use, even for a novice such as myself. Is it possible for me to hire someone to make models of furniture and other obj...by HarveyDunn » - 1 Replies
- 3219 Views
-
Last post by mazoola
-
-
-
Horizontal Angle Rotation
I would like to rotate a piece about the horizontal axis. The default allows it rotate about the vertical axis. I tried importing a furniture piece with the ...by gbbeil » - 2 Replies
- 3679 Views
-
Last post by gbbeil
-
-
-
Copy'n'paste multi layer house
Hi I have designed a house in and out. Now I want to see the effects and lighting with surrounding houses which are the same or mirrored. For mirroring I wan...by swave » - 11 Replies
- 10811 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Please could anyone suggest a youtube for shading and lighting?
As the title suggests. I've seen some fantastic floor plans where lighting and shading has been added. They are a 'work of art! Or perhaps you know of a yout...by Jenniferbm55 » - 0 Replies
- 2615 Views
-
Last post by Jenniferbm55
-
-
-
Is it possible to move levels?
I'm modeling a property; it has a ground floor level, 1st floor level, and top level which is a flat roof / solarium. The level of the ground floor is elevat...by Jenniferbm55 » - 8 Replies
- 6754 Views
-
Last post by Jenniferbm55
-
-
-
How can I make a color-box appear in the Display Column?
I am creating a layout that requires instructions pulled from the SH3D table. The object used in the layout needs to show a color box in the color column (Di...by ttayebali » - 0 Replies
- 2496 Views
-
Last post by ttayebali
-
-
-
Change patterns and colors in 2D plan
I want to use Sweet Home 3D to draw a plan to submit to the building authority. Is it possible to change the wall color in the 2D plan? Additionally I would ...by HK69 » - 10 Replies
- 9207 Views
-
Last post by cyrillef
-
-
-
Garden Walls
Hi, I've got just two hours of experience with Home Sweet Home, so I'm as green as a cabbage! Though it does appear very easy. Just wondering how I can build...by Jenniferbm55 » - 5 Replies
- 3687 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Roof Guttering/Soil pipes
I am currently putting finishing touches to the outside of my house. Does anyone know if there is roof guttering and soil pipes for the outside walls availab...by Jacksinatra » - 1 Replies
- 3911 Views
-
Last post by Jacksinatra
-
-
-
Linux version crashes
Hello, I use Ubuntu 15.10 just downloaded the app and extracted it. It launches and seems to work nicely, but every time I go to File>Preferences program cra...by cybbro » - 1 Replies
- 3152 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
2d images in my 3d drawing
Can I create a 2D drawing with sweet home 3D? jar version Just looking from top down, so the symbols look basically like this: what I get now is the space ar...by bbxrider » - 1 Replies
- 4568 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
Drawing circular buildings
Is there any way to draw a circular building, or a curved wall?by shorinjin » - 2 Replies
- 19353 Views
-
Last post by GAthena
-
-
-
Can I change the shading or colour of a wall in plan view
Hi, I would like to be able to have different wall shading or colour in plan view to show different types of wall construction ... is this possible? Thanks Kenby kenpeel » - 5 Replies
- 4443 Views
-
Last post by jorgesomers
-
-
-
(im)possible to find really white tiles on a wall?
I want to put a white tile structure on walls. But when I import that, it becomes very grey, even more than the walls usually already colour a bit grey. And ...by hobbyrv » - 2 Replies
- 2924 Views
-
Last post by hobbyrv
-
-
-
Paper format
Hi, is it possible to prin in formats bigger than A3? I can't find A2 or better A1/A0. Thanks in adavance, Joeby sobeos » - 1 Replies
- 2558 Views
-
Last post by DVMattson
-
-
-
How do I calculate total floor area or room square footages?
Hello, I am new to Sweet Home and am really happy with the features. How do I calculate the square footage of the total floor plan or individual rooms so tha...by Cmbellomo » - 6 Replies
- 18754 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
how to create a room with a curved wall?
Hi, I'm just using Sweet Home 3D (on MAC) and created some straight and curved walls. Now I want to create a room based on the walls but I do not find a way ...by mrichter » - 2 Replies
- 4808 Views
-
Last post by mrichter
-
-
-
Slanted walls /
[:-/] I am helping a friend who has a preserved lighthouse. I am trying to draw a certain area which needs some repair. How ever the wall are slanted which m...by TonyDee » - 4 Replies
- 4248 Views
-
Last post by TonyDee
-
-
-
Multiple Level - Virtual View
Having constructed two levels I am having problems with the 3D view (Virtual View). The section of roof which was created in Level 0 but modified in level 1 ...by richardm » - 1 Replies
- 2882 Views
-
Last post by richardm
-
-
- 30 Replies
- 32674 Views
-
Last post by Ceciliabr
-
- 39 Replies
- 27081 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
Making counter tops
How can I create counter tops? If I lay out cabinets and put a dish washer between them, how can I create a counter top that spans across all surfaces in a u...by somuchfun » - 3 Replies
- 6778 Views
-
Last post by Ceciliabr
-
-
-
Simple steps
I need to add just a few simple steps and I can't find an object to do it with...all the objects are stair cases. Is there a simple way to make just 2 or 3 s...by somuchfun » - 3 Replies
- 5335 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
How to modify the light power of a group of lights
Is it possible to modify the light power of grouped lights? Or do I have to modify each light of the group individually? The Modify Furniture dialogue box do...by John37 » - 4 Replies
- 3644 Views
-
Last post by John37
-
-
-
Picture imported furniture does not show in library
When I import a furniture, I get only a white square in the library without showing the imported object. I can integrate it in my drawing, but how can I make...by hobbyrv » - 3 Replies
- 3289 Views
-
Last post by hobbyrv
-
-
-
Join (or merge) 2 adjacent walls?
Hi When I draw 2 or more walls in a single process, adjacent walls are drawn with a "join" between them: However if I draw the adjacent walls at different ti...by CCPT » - 2 Replies
- 6562 Views
-
Last post by CCPT
-
-
-
How to start SH3D without recovery
Hi I have been using .jar version, once it crashed now when I am starting, it shows in title bar with 100% cpu and nothing happens, just freeze. How to force...by SNAKE83 » - 1 Replies
- 3030 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
furniture library copy
can anyone please tell me how can i copy all of my current installed furnitures if ever i will install an updated version of SH3D?? i updated my SH3D and all...by mumakil213 » - 3 Replies
- 4978 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
system slower since update
Since the update to 5.2 and 1.6 the system is a lot slower. I have to wait quite a time after importing or changing objects. Is there a way to speed it up?by hobbyrv » - 2 Replies
- 2630 Views
-
Last post by mazoola
-
-
-
How to creat two different textures on the same wall?
Need your help: I am trying to create two different textures on exterior wall (lower part and upper part of the wall), but couldn't find any features in the ...by maplelandhomes » - 8 Replies
- 5016 Views
-
Last post by maplelandhomes
-
-
-
Change the file type
How can I change the file type on save .. I need the file in other programs Thank youby nzr » - 2 Replies
- 2563 Views
-
Last post by nzr
-
-
-
Upon inquiry
I am new to Use Sweet Home ... Is there tools should be loaded to add items not availableby nzr » - 2 Replies
- 2296 Views
-
Last post by nzr
-
-
-
How to hide background image?
Please does anyone know how can I hide the background image? The Hide background image and the Delete background image menu items are both greyed out, and do...by John37 » - 2 Replies
- 3942 Views
-
Last post by John37
-
-
-
Unable to open file
I downloaded the update today, and shortly afterward was unable to open my file. I'd try and open my file and in doing so it would shut the program down and ...by AeowynFraser » - 12 Replies
- 5139 Views
-
Last post by HawkDawg
-
-
-
Room with roof pitch won't show ceiling
Hi, I uploaded an example: http://ul.to/u6attfyz The ceiling should be visible in bright purple but instead one can see the sky. What am I doing wrong? Regar...by schnesim » - 3 Replies
- 4414 Views
-
Last post by schnesim
-
-
-
How to export elements from SH3D file and import to SH3F
Hi all, I'm a newbie of SH3D, and I'm trying to play with it. I know about difficult to build roofs, and have found this post https://sourceforge.net/p/sweet...by dadep » - 3 Replies
- 6825 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest