Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 260 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
Problem importing .sh3d home from Mac
Last week I installed Sweet Home 3D 5.1.1 from Apple App Store on my MacBook (running OS-X Yosemite 10.10.5 and current Java), then created & saved a 25MB ho...by gfrogner » - 1 Replies
- 4931 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to make a horizontal tube
Hi all, Please Help!! I'm desperate to know how to make a horizontal pipe/tube? Thanks in advance..by Wmatilda » - 3 Replies
- 3934 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
Save Photo in 2D
Firstly i have to admit that this looks pretty nice SW! I need to save my projects in 2D and 3D too. Saving in 3D is pretty straigt forward but i did not fin...by iqu » - 1 Replies
- 3014 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
Adding Room Steps, Wainscoting and Roofs
I've done some searching without results. I'd like to know 3 things: 1.) Is there an easy way to make an 8" step up or down within a room. For example - havi...by Chris308 » - 1 Replies
- 4016 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
Someone can solve this? Problem with plugin Furniture catalogue
I have some problem with the pluginFurnitureCatalogue. When I save a library does not create any property files, but only a .sh3d file. how is this possible?...by DiabolikHinata » - 2 Replies
- 2353 Views
-
Last post by DiabolikHinata
-
-
-
Using light, how can I set ?
Hi there, I have tried to set a light into a room, but I dont the same atmosphere as show in some picture of the website. Is there a trick to do it? Thanksby Tiso » - 3 Replies
- 2512 Views
-
Last post by SnakeGB
-
-
-
Plist editor for Mac (FYI)
This, I think, solves the memory problem with the App-store version of SH3D: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/14363/plistedit-proby Ceciliabr » - 0 Replies
- 2221 Views
-
Last post by Ceciliabr
-
-
-
File and settings for expanding memory - anyone know how?
Sorry for asking this question, but I'm out of options after searching for hours: How do I increase memory settings on a PC with Windows (like adjusting the ...by Ceciliabr » - 7 Replies
- 2681 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
Uploading File to Online
I'm having difficulty getting my sh3d file to upload to the online version. I am running a fairly new Mac so I'm wondering if software isn't compatible.by hehaar » - 2 Replies
- 2443 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
EXPAND PLANE
How Can I expand the final plane so it can fits in a A4 sheet but with the maxim clarityby 3milius » - 1 Replies
- 2430 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Cannot get windows to have handles inside
I have a plan of a typical flat with thick outer walls and windows set "deeply" in the wall so that their jambs are also inside. And window handles, too, of ...by ysmith » - 6 Replies
- 4037 Views
-
Last post by ysmith
-
-
-
Possible to move an entire floor to align with another floor?
I'm having a problem now that I have my floors drawn that they aren't aligned in 3D space. https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsl0oc4weucmm ... 9.png?dl=0 I read thro...by joshuairl » - 1 Replies
- 3845 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
Different elevations
Hi everyone my very first post. I have just started using sweet home 3D and as potentially one of your older users I am tremendously impressed with what has ...by Jacksinatra » - 3 Replies
- 3561 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
Field of view vs. focal length.
"When all else fails – read the manual". Yes, I know, and I have, but I still can't understand how to calculate the right focal length-settings to match the ...by Ceciliabr » - 2 Replies
- 2752 Views
-
Last post by Ceciliabr
-
-
-
Plugin - CANNOT make it work...
Hi - using SH3D on Ubuntu, everything going fine. However I cannot get the CopyAsNewFurniturePlugin working. Have downloaded the file CopyAsNewFurniturePlugi...by bobdee » - 1 Replies
- 2150 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
curved wall
Good day everyone, I am trying to draw a curved wall. Can anyone refer me to a previous thread/discussion on this please? Thank you in advance Juggernaut (So...by JUGGERNAUT » - 3 Replies
- 8997 Views
-
Last post by JUGGERNAUT
-
-
-
Use Sweet Home 3D Online - Backup files
Hello guys, I'm so sorry for such a noob thing, but I did work several hours on a file with the online version, and due to a mistake I did overwrite my file ...by CypZ » - 1 Replies
- 2950 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Curved window
Hello All I have a curved wall. It now needs a curved window. How can I do this? Many thanks !by Fintan » - 1 Replies
- 3219 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
How to set the different elevations at each corner of the ground level?
I am new to the sweet home 3d software. Currently, i am designing my house and the lot is sloppy. How can i set the different elevation at each corner? Examp...by maplelandhomes » - 1 Replies
- 2567 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
Find duplicate Furniture
HI, I would really love a feature to check for duplicates in the Model database. Maybe this is something better for a plugin but it would be a great addition...by LunaC » - 2 Replies
- 4018 Views
-
Last post by LunaC
-
-
-
Floor transition without wall
SH3D newbie creating my first floor plan. I have learned that rooms are defined by walls, and how to apply floor coverings to selected rooms. Now I want to t...by jacksonmacd » - 2 Replies
- 2806 Views
-
Last post by jacksonmacd
-
-
-
two surface levels on one floor
Hi, How I can make two levels of floor/surface on one floor. Half of the floor in my design room is 30 cm higher. I know I can do second level and add minus ...by wyskiel » - 1 Replies
- 3404 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Architectural Elevations
Is there any way SH3D can print plans with architectural markings such as distance of a window from each end of the wall or placement of a 3-way light switch...by onederc » - 2 Replies
- 5605 Views
-
Last post by maplelandhomes
-
-
-
Drawing issues
Hi everyone I'm a new Sweet Home user and I enjoy it. During my fist project I have encounterd a couple of challanges which I'm sure you can help me with. 1....by chvermont » - 2 Replies
- 6748 Views
-
Last post by chvermont
-
-
-
Change pixels per inch
Hi everybody! I started last week with this amazing and usefull software but my plan is print in hi resolution and the "create photo" option makes the resolu...by elkesabe » - 1 Replies
- 3718 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Burned by a "gotcha!"*
I lost about 4 hours of work yesterday thanks to an odd set of circumstances, documented here in hopes of helping others to avoid or troubleshoot similar pro...by mazoola » - 1 Replies
- 8084 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Floors & Ceilings?
I'm sure someone else has posted this, but I cannot seem to find a way to create/color/texture floors and ceilings. Could someone please help? Thank you!by pwhatley » - 2 Replies
- 3440 Views
-
Last post by pwhatley
-
-
-
how to connect walls?
if u want to make a corner (90 degrees) out of 2 single walls, after changing a plan, those 2 walls will not be perfectly connected like when u build this co...by bartleby » - 2 Replies
- 9177 Views
-
Last post by bartleby
-
-
-
Use exact 'plan' background in '3D view' mode
Awesome software! I imported a land survey as the background image in planning mode to aid in drawing the house and everything came together very smoothly. I...by hummingbird » - 1 Replies
- 3057 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
Inclined Chimney
hello, I have to draw an inclined chimney. It starts from above the fireplace and goes diagonally to the right. How can I do this? thank youby Franzkb » - 3 Replies
- 3218 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
changing room height / level
Can anyone suggest how I can set a room level to a higher or lower level than the default, so that I can have split levels for example, the default is about ...by tonyh » - 2 Replies
- 9411 Views
-
Last post by tonyh
-
-
-
Grainy photos
Hi Great program, fun to use, I have a problem though. When using shine tiles the light (white light source) falls on the wall being both too strong and grai...by retrofan » - 2 Replies
- 4286 Views
-
Last post by digitaltrails
-
-
-
Spotlight effect
Hi, How to get the spotlight effect. light falling on the floor in a cone shape.by santbose » - 4 Replies
- 4297 Views
-
Last post by robb84
-
-
-
Tried roof tuts, still can't figure it out. Help please
Hello to all. I have designed my home which will be built starting this year. I am having a lot of trouble getting the roof to lay in properly, so I am comin...by celeryman » - 1 Replies
- 3053 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Polylines 2d to solid 3d
Hello. Is it possible to convert a 3d polyline to 3d solid ? I'm trying to create some different solid for creating drywall on ceiling and walls. Is it possi...by robb84 » - 6 Replies
- 6533 Views
-
Last post by robb84
-
-
-
Graph layout is only 30' and my space is larger... help!
I'm very new to SweetHome 3D and finishing out basement but the graph goes up to 30' max and my basement is much larger than this. Please help.by Chiggygirl » - 1 Replies
- 3210 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to export 2d Floorplan into any viewable file?
Hello, How can I export 2d floorplan into any easily accessible file? Like PDF, JPG, BMP and etc?by Volstritas » - 2 Replies
- 11922 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
disable ratios lock of lightsource
When I want to import a lightsource, it is not possible to disable the lock of the ratios (it stays grey). I need that when I want indirect light against a w...by hobbyrv » - 4 Replies
- 3353 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
grey surroundings
Please help [:)] : Before my renders surrounding was white, I mean everything around my scene was white. Now surrounding in my renders is grey. How could I m...by julija.j » - 3 Replies
- 3751 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Is there a way to download/use Dynamic Models in Sweet Home 3D?
I have been browsing the 3D Warehouse and have noticed "Dynamic" models, like a door you can set to be open or closed. I was wondering if something like that...by deganu » - 2 Replies
- 4316 Views
-
Last post by mazoola
-
-
-
Can you help me with a design?
Hi guys, I'm trying to make a design, but I'm full out of ideas. So I'm hoping one of you could help me make up a design. You can take a look at the building...by YvesLief » - 3 Replies
- 3663 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
How to draw a pop out window?
How to draw a window like window in enclosed picture? From the outside, can see that the windows are popped out rather than opened inside a thick wall, there...by ngterry » - 1 Replies
- 4068 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
Too little light in photos
I am trying to make photos of my design. When I choose the better quality, there is too much shadow and very little light. I've tried all the settings mentio...by hobbyrv » - 1 Replies
- 3260 Views
-
Last post by HawkDawg
-
-
-
Slope in the bottom of walls
Dear all, Is it possible to do walls with slope in the bottom not in the top?, it is to say, the slope goes down in the bottom of wallby fca1970 » - 5 Replies
- 4254 Views
-
Last post by HawkDawg
-
-
-
Question About Photo Rendering
I'm trying to figure out how the photo rendering actually works. As I mentioned in this post - http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/foru ... t,10#27474 - the f...by HawkDawg » - 5 Replies
- 5115 Views
-
Last post by HawkDawg
-
-
-
Is it possible to use Sweet Home 3d to build a school?
Or should I just go back to blender or sketchup? i like this program so far but it's so tiny...I'm trying to export this into blender as an obj file...I supp...by LucyMay » - 4 Replies
- 3866 Views
-
Last post by JUGGERNAUT
-
-
-
Problems inserting new objects
Hi, i use mac and can't insert new objects. I tried .obj and .3ds and answer me that can't read the model. Choose another one... I have no problems inserting...by ismaeliyo » - 6 Replies
- 2989 Views
-
Last post by ismaeliyo
-
-
-
*.sh3f export
Hello, how can I export my imported furnitures? Is it possible to choose a folder which i want to export to sh3f file to be able to use models on a second co...by maaahooo » - 2 Replies
- 3424 Views
-
Last post by maaahooo
-
-
-
Ensuring item always remains visible on 2D view
This has probably been covered before, but I can't find it - sorry. sometimes different pieces of "furniture" overlay other pieces of furniture, e.g a chair ...by RogerTE » - 2 Replies
- 3682 Views
-
Last post by RogerTE
-
-
-
Scale
I just downloaded Sweet Home last night. I am not using it for home design at the present. What I am trying to do is draw infill walls in an attic space, ext...by labarnes01 » - 4 Replies
- 6756 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest