Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 260 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
Sash openings
Hi Help needed to figure out how to show window openings on the 2d window, something like this :- After reading OKH's very thorough explanation i am none the...by Mike53 » - 27 Replies
- 14002 Views
-
Last post by shakeel
-
-
-
complex wall shape
I'm imagining a roughly tetrahedronal structure. Each side is a right triangle with the lower corners cut off, leaning at a 45 degree angle to meet the edges...by codevark » - 6 Replies
- 1899 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
light beam effect
Hello Emmanuel, thank you first of all for this SH3D software, I bend over backwards to give my best regards. I would like to know how from the light source ...by lemaj77 » - 5 Replies
- 1867 Views
-
Last post by Daniels118
-
-
-
In 3d view, a colored wall that is intersected by another wall will have a white streak on the face of it at the point of intersection. How do I fix this?
I think the title is self explanatory. I have blue walls and in the corners and other place where there is an intersection with another wall, there is a whit...by mav99l » - 1 Replies
- 2102 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Rotating a 2D symbol?
I am trying to make an electrical map for my house, showing which outlet/light/etc. is on which breaker. I made a floor plan and downloaded the US electrical...by burdell » - 2 Replies
- 2020 Views
-
Last post by burdell
-
-
-
Making a wall with a rectangle opening?
Hi guys. I'm using this to design my first apartment and to practice interior design in general. My kitchen wall has a rectangle cut out so the kitchen's vis...by MichelleBeth » - 6 Replies
- 5525 Views
-
Last post by MichelleBeth
-
-
-
Dotted wall
Is there a way to design a dotted wall? I'm thinking in doing a renovation, so I'd like to make part of existing wall dotted and new wall with normal line/wa...by michaelbr » - 2 Replies
- 1418 Views
-
Last post by michaelbr
-
-
-
Rotate to merge two projects
Hi all, sorry for my english, but i used a translator [:">] . I wanted to ask if anyone can tell me if it is possible to rotate an entire project in bulk. I ...by Lupoalberto » - 2 Replies
- 1616 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Feature idea (if it doesn't already exist)
Hey all, As I've been getting to know SH3D I've wondered if there was a way to take a model that I've imported and adjusted the texture on, and "import" it a...by bashnprint » - 2 Replies
- 1456 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
a new scheme for setting the light in the room
hi. Sorry for the Google translator. But please look at my research. The most important thing is the replacement of traditional light balls with invisible he...by GaudiGalopin3324 » - 1 Replies
- 1400 Views
-
Last post by GaudiGalopin3324
-
-
-
Ceiling Height
I have a design for the front entryway of an office I'm working on, about 15' from the front door the ceiling drops down from 10' to 8', how do I get this to...by jdg1984 » - 4 Replies
- 3509 Views
-
Last post by jdg1984
-
-
-
Fix My Wonky Corners
Hi, I have this wall intersection... ... and I want this: Any ideas? Whenever I try to extend the big wall to make a proper corner with the small wall emergi...by MartinWinlow » - 7 Replies
- 1447 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Close A 2 Part Floor Area to Make 2 Separate Rooms...
H, I have this... ... and I want the 2 floor areas to be recognised as 2 separate rooms so the Floor Label works for both areas rather than just the one. Hel...by MartinWinlow » - 4 Replies
- 1918 Views
-
Last post by MartinWinlow
-
-
-
Lines and text to walls
Is there a way to add text and lines of color, i.e. a diagonal orange line on part of a blue wall and add text to that wall?by jdg1984 » - 5 Replies
- 3323 Views
-
Last post by jdg1984
-
-
-
Measuring a multipart distance?
as a trivial execise, i am trying to measure the Kitchen 'Work Triangle' but i haven't worked out a way to do it just using Dimension doesn't seem to work be...by decard » - 22 Replies
- 11783 Views
-
Last post by robcmorgan
-
-
-
How to create a sloping block, that slopes on both the X and Y axis
Hi all, First post! Looks like a great app! Is it possible to create a sloping block, that slopes on both the X and Y axis. i.e. My land drops 0.7m right to ...by GZed » - 3 Replies
- 2221 Views
-
Last post by GZed
-
-
-
accurate measurements
I'm starting an apartment refurb from bare walls. so i've taken accurate measurements. now I try to correct the ground plan of the apartment. I'm stiffled by...by DerekvG » - 5 Replies
- 14648 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Front elevation design
Hello In the past few days, I have been learning SH3D and found it to be a super cool software to lay out floor plans and view it in 3d. I have a query. I am...by kawal » - 9 Replies
- 4687 Views
-
Last post by kawal
-
-
-
Automatic walkthrough video render
Hello Friends, It has been over a month now I have been working with SH3D application to build my dream house. I have learnt lot of features, how to use plug...by kawal » - 2 Replies
- 8284 Views
-
Last post by kawal
-
-
-
HELP // 2D plan hidden and stuck in bottom right
Hello, Spent like hours for fixing this. How to center my 2D plan ? Video of the matter here Thank you very muchby franz2b » - 4 Replies
- 3131 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
How to get update background image to PC version
Hi friends, i've installed SH3D on my PC. When i create a room, only have a few background options, but have a lot of background on web (online) version. Ple...by carleton2 » - 1 Replies
- 2827 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Curved window
Hello, I want to create a curved window. Any advice on how to do this? Thank you.by scottbailey » - 8 Replies
- 4253 Views
-
Last post by captaincook
-
-
-
joining walls
I have a problem joining walls I can join the endpoints of a N-S wall perpendicular to an E-W wall which works fine for outer walls... however i cannot join ...by DerekvG » - 1 Replies
- 3242 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Changing color of a light source
The light sources available are not including the lighting I want to create. I want a yellow light (bug light) that is lighter than the fireglow lightsource....by cactuskid02 » - 4 Replies
- 5177 Views
-
Last post by GaudiGalopin3324
-
-
-
iPad - browser not displaying top menu navigation
I am assuming this is the limitation. Tested on chrome and safari no top menu to access levels.by phpnukes » - 4 Replies
- 2955 Views
-
Last post by phpnukes
-
-
-
Show Distance Between Objects?
I come from the world of UI design tools, and there is a common feature that lets you hold a key, say CTRL, and it will automatically show you the distance b...by proxemics » - 3 Replies
- 4538 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Raising a floor up
So, I am trying to elevate the floor to 3' (feet), basically making it a stage. How do I do that without creating a second level?by Soulis » - 6 Replies
- 1879 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Furniture from images
Let's assume that you wanted to take a picture of a throne from a game, and turn it into cad-able furniture on SH3d, How would you do that? or can someone do...by Soulis » - 1 Replies
- 1960 Views
-
Last post by sjb007
-
-
-
A sinking feeling...
Okay, How do I sink one floor 4' into the ground as if part of the next floor, basically a bat cave with really high ceilings part of a high vaulted ceiling?...by Soulis » - 4 Replies
- 1501 Views
-
Last post by Soulis
-
-
-
Furniture Outline for Printing Floorplan
Hi all I am probably being brainless here, but I have been using the software to just create a basic layout for a room with tables/chairs and would like to p...by PureLoneWolf » - 2 Replies
- 1926 Views
-
Last post by PureLoneWolf
-
-
-
I need a 3D model of a painting
I need a 3D model of a painting based on a miniature model. I have searched many sites but I have not found anything. I would like to print this painting in ...by salmanzadeh » - 1 Replies
- 1414 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Question à hansmex
Bonjour à tous. Je souhaiterais poser une question particulièrement à hansmex au sujet d'un message qu'il a écrit le 17 août 2022 en réponse au sujet nommé "...by captaincook » - 9 Replies
- 1569 Views
-
Last post by captaincook
-
-
-
Please help me figure it out
Good afternoon. Help out a newbie. I made a plan for a friend of his apartment of a strange shape. Very few flat walls. What I noticed - I can’t smoothly cha...by PavelN » - 2 Replies
- 1547 Views
-
Last post by PavelN
-
-
-
How to "connect" fences to fences and to walls?
My home has 3 fences surrounding it, is there a way to "connect the fences" like we connect the walls so when we move one point, the other parts move along w...by michaelbr » - 4 Replies
- 1477 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Window Glas
Hi everybody : Is there a way to make window glass shiny. Or show a reflection ? garystan52by garystan52 » - 1 Replies
- 1957 Views
-
Last post by GaudiGalopin3324
-
-
-
How to create an area not rectangle?
I tried to create an area surrounding a house, area tool only draw rectangle area, mine is irregular, tried to use polylines, this also draws only rectangle ...by michaelbr » - 3 Replies
- 1732 Views
-
Last post by michaelbr
-
-
-
Adding Flooring
Hi everybody : I created a room.. with windows. But, how do I add flooring? garystan52by garystan52 » - 1 Replies
- 3954 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
render and video in sh3d online
Hi, I'm new to this program, and I need to know how to render some photos and make videos on the online version of sweet home 3d. It's for a school project a...by nicolacorni » - 1 Replies
- 1392 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
staircase plugin platform change
Is it possible to change the platform in the plugin? The one that came with the plugin the platform is at the start of the staircase, I'd like to change it t...by michaelbr » - 0 Replies
- 1290 Views
-
Last post by michaelbr
-
-
-
wall on the level 0 showing on the level 1
Am I doing something wrong? I'm starting to create a second level of my design, I created some walls for level 1, the trouble is some walls (not all) on leve...by michaelbr » - 2 Replies
- 1604 Views
-
Last post by michaelbr
-
-
-
Add point to room
Testing the online version, I was not able to add a new point to an existing room. It is available by a right click on the selected room I believe. Is it an ...by buzzz » - 2 Replies
- 1549 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to: move whole house around a plot
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, I've finished design of my house (only the basic floor plan, without furniture), now I'd like to move the house into the plot, the ...by michaelbr » - 4 Replies
- 4604 Views
-
Last post by michaelbr
-
-
-
how to add column to a house
The house that I'm trying to design has a column that's thicker than the wall, so if the wall is 26cm thick, at each corner of the house there's a column thi...by michaelbr » - 5 Replies
- 4454 Views
-
Last post by michaelbr
-
-
-
Move selection by an exact distance
Hi, I made a mistake while trying to make an exact plan of an existing building. In short, I need to move selected items by an exact distance (e.g. 1 meter n...by CyberShadow » - 5 Replies
- 1885 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
Light rays in foggy air?
Dear all! I have a few questions about light and rendering. 1. is there a way to make light rays visible in the air after rendering? So similar to soft fog. ...by Soulbrother » - 1 Replies
- 1552 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Materials List: Where/how is it stored. Can it be exported?
I have created a sh3d design of several rooms. I know that if I print out the design, I get a list of materials, along with aerial and 3D views. But, can I j...by daytooner » - 1 Replies
- 2972 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to "lock" walls
I've adjusted several rooms/walls with inside dimensions/positions, I'd like to "lock" those walls so I don't drag/change one of them by mistake and change t...by michaelbr » - 4 Replies
- 2659 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
How To: Sunlight through window
Basic question: I have a window in my model, and I would like to see what the room looks like with and without sunlight coming through. Right now, I added an...by daytooner » - 2 Replies
- 3324 Views
-
Last post by daytooner
-
-
-
Floor and wall gap
I made a test drawing of a one story house to re-learn how to use levels, walls and floors,because its seems i did not understand them. Why is there an unexp...by bert.struik » - 12 Replies
- 5711 Views
-
Last post by bert.struik
-
-
-
possible to get dimension to stick to furniture?
Newbie here. Is is possible to get dimensions to stick to furniture and walls... so that you can move the furniture and the dimensions will automatically fol...by mnosek » - 1 Replies
- 1621 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest