Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 260 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
positioning of windows relative to corner?
hello, when i want to place a window the location is given in x,y which are absolute coordinates. Is there a comfortable way to use e.g. the distance from th...by shellie222 » - 1 Replies
- 1680 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Distorted objects when inside glass shelves
Hi! I've been using this software since a couple months and it's awesome. Now I'm doing a project for a friend's hardware store and they will use glass shelv...by enigmaxg2 » - 2 Replies
- 1809 Views
-
Last post by enigmaxg2
-
-
-
Is it possible to postpone/disable 3D rendering?
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie so excuse me if my question is not OK. I tried to find my answer within the software but couldn't. I'd like to disable 3D proces...by luca01 » - 2 Replies
- 1962 Views
-
Last post by luca01
-
-
-
Change the wall thickness in the online version
I am using the online version. All walls are automatically 3" wide, which is not realistic (wall studs 2x4 = 3.75" + drywall on each side, add 1" = 4.75". Ou...by artemisclark » - 1 Replies
- 3243 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
3d printing
I've been searching around but have only found 1 unanswered reference to exporting SH3D plans to a 3d printable format. Is there more information on this I a...by somuchfun » - 13 Replies
- 9514 Views
-
Last post by JaffH
-
-
-
copy level and seperate
Hi. I have been using sh3d for a few months and am extremely happy with it, thanks to all who make this happen! I have multiple levels and 1 level I want to ...by sruuk » - 6 Replies
- 2451 Views
-
Last post by sruuk
-
-
-
Attachments Aligning objects on a curve
Hi all New to the forum but not SH3D. I'm creating a layout for our village hall and would like to align furniture(chairs) on a curved path. I know that I co...by tonygh » - 3 Replies
- 2460 Views
-
Last post by Daniels118
-
-
-
How can the floor be inside the top of the lower level?
The situation: The design is for a concrete foundation as level 0 and the top of its wall as 8" above ground. Concrete slab floor will be 4" thick and its to...by bert.struik » - 11 Replies
- 16280 Views
-
Last post by jordglokyt
-
-
-
kitchen work top or simple shelf
Hi, First of all thanks for this very nice application! I can't figure out how to create a work top in a kitchen, one could also call it a shelf. I.e. a wood...by werner » - 5 Replies
- 15234 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to create A3 sized PDF file without an A3 printer
Hi, New user here. Is it possible to create an A3 sized PDF file when the only physical printer I have is A4. I would like to send the A3 file to a 3rd party...by david_now » - 4 Replies
- 4336 Views
-
Last post by BiBaZe
-
-
-
Basement Level "Lip"?
Question: Is it normal for a basement level to show a lip protruding over the ground? The basement floor elevation is negative 7'9 7/8". The mail level still...by snmavronis » - 5 Replies
- 4127 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Basement is not at set negative level
It says in the Guide, on the 'How to design a split-level house' page, "The elevation of a level may also be negative to design a basement or foundations." I...by ottertooth » - 10 Replies
- 7579 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Precision
Is there a way to prevent rounding numbers? e.g. I need a wall to be 3.135m long and following adjacent positions are getting rounded which leads to wrong di...by shellie222 » - 8 Replies
- 3392 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Door - Arc Angle Line
Hi guys, thanks to this forum I was able to solve a lot of problems. Nevertheless I'm not capable to display in plan by door arc angle line. According some t...by chudst » - 1 Replies
- 3051 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
All piece of furnitures dimensions are not printable
Hey everyone, First, thanks a lot for this cool application! While printing, not all the dimensions of my pieces of furniture can be printed. Herewith a scre...by Bearwolves » - 1 Replies
- 2696 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
cone shaped roof
Is there a place I can download a cone shaped roof? I tried the one on the forum but it says access denied all the time. Thank you. Earlby earlcjr » - 3 Replies
- 3443 Views
-
Last post by Keet
-
-
-
ZipException: invalid entry CRC on opening the sh3d file
Code: Select allcom.eteks.sweethome3d.model.RecorderException: Can't read home from /home/test/house.sh3d at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.HomeFileRecorder.readHo...by shellie222 » - 18 Replies
- 5206 Views
-
Last post by shellie222
-
-
-
problem with courtyard room
If you build a room with walls which is not attached to another room like a courtyard inside a room and if the courtyard does not touch the outer room then t...by earlcjr » - 1 Replies
- 1979 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
roof around a round wall
Hi - I have a few towers on a castle like building. How can I place a roof so that it goes around the circular tower if the tower is higher than the roof? Th...by earlcjr » - 7 Replies
- 2722 Views
-
Last post by sjb007
-
-
-
Is it possible to calculate the total square meters of all rooms?
Hi all, I am new in this forum and was not able to find a way to summarize the size of all rooms. I know you can display the square meters for each room, but...by goudinchen » - 1 Replies
- 3125 Views
-
Last post by Daniels118
-
-
-
Batch rendering sunlight
Is it possible to create a batch series of rendered images in quality level 3 incl. sunlight simulation and from bird's eye view? As a result I want to get a...by droptix » - 1 Replies
- 1938 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Thickness of the wall
Hi, I'm a newbie and would need an explanation of drawing walls and surfaces. I draw the surface of a room and I want to draw the walls but with different th...by rotoped123 » - 4 Replies
- 2132 Views
-
Last post by sjb007
-
-
-
Align 2 walls of different thickness - not centered
https://www.sweethome3d.com/support/for ... hread,8967 exactly this is my problem. I need to align 2 walls to the left. Actually its like this: (aligned cent...by shellie222 » - 1 Replies
- 1898 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Quarter circle shaped wall
Hi I was able to draw a curved wall in a semicircle shape but how do I make a quarter circle shaped wall? Thank you.by earlcjr » - 2 Replies
- 1930 Views
-
Last post by earlcjr
-
-
-
Attempting to export obj+mtl+jpg file into different program
Hello! I am attempting to export my saved SH3D project into the Spoke program on mozilla hubs to use a customer scene. I loosely understand that the .obj fil...by NorrelleWalker » - 1 Replies
- 2293 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Mac import / print
Hi, I am a newbie. I started with the online version. How do I print the online version? I don't see the print button in the menu. I tried exporting the SH3D...by dpstry » - 2 Replies
- 2173 Views
-
Last post by dpstry
-
-
-
Is It Possible to Reset Dimension Text to a Default Size?
I have several dimensions that I've individually increased and decreased to various sized text, so it's very inconsistent throughout my plan. Is there a way ...by mikedj » - 2 Replies
- 1918 Views
-
Last post by mikedj
-
-
-
Imported Furniture Low Resolution in Plan View
When I import furniture created in Sketchup, it looks fine in SH3D 3D view, but is very pixelated in SH3D Plan View. My procedure is: - Create a solid model ...by mikedj » - 2 Replies
- 1688 Views
-
Last post by mikedj
-
-
-
SH3d denies to print unter Linux
After drawing a room I tried to print the result. But an error message appeared. Headline : « Error » Text : « Can't print the apartment”. I am working with ...by KandW » - 0 Replies
- 1600 Views
-
Last post by KandW
-
-
-
Missing export .svg in 'Plan' menu
Hello, I created a decent digitization of my building's floor plan using the free version of sw3d. I'm happy with the use of the software, as I am new at des...by upsetter21 » - 2 Replies
- 5942 Views
-
Last post by upsetter21
-
-
-
Roof for bay window? (How to make custom roof)
Hello! I'm using the "Picture window" element that I downloaded from one of the free libraries as a bay window in my plan. I can't figure out how to draw the...by ndbs » - 1 Replies
- 2359 Views
-
Last post by Daniels118
-
-
-
dim-dim-dim lines
Hi, I am new to Sweet Home 3D, and am figuring out how it all works. I have created some rooms, and seems to work fine. However, on top of the screen, above ...by Robbie65 » - 1 Replies
- 1795 Views
-
Last post by Daniels118
-
-
-
Import of a plan (blueprint)
To familiarize myself with Sweet Home, I drew the outline of a room as a test, scanned it, and then imported it into Sweet Home. In the first step, the scale...by KandW » - 2 Replies
- 3404 Views
-
Last post by KandW
-
-
-
Place excisting plan
Hi, I made a house and my partner did the same on here computer. So I copy paste the file and now the direction is different. I need to rotate her drawing to...by Krediax » - 1 Replies
- 1605 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Where is your zero,zero (0,0) origin point?
Wondering where everyone draws their house plan in relation to origin (0,0). I realize I've drawn mine so the front of the house and everything in the Y dire...by workingstorage » - 1 Replies
- 3760 Views
-
Last post by Daniels118
-
-
-
Rendering with Shadows in Wirefrane
Is rendering with shadows possible on wireframe/outline models, using SH3D v6.6 and Additional Sunflow Options v1.2 ? Thank Youby Xlance » - 6 Replies
- 3786 Views
-
Last post by Xlance
-
-
-
Resetting furniture catalog.
Greetings, this is my first post. I am rather a new user to SH3D and I absolutely love it. I have been using the built in libraries which offer extended furn...by SneakyLion » - 1 Replies
- 3493 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How do I link switches to devices
I want to be able to record and show that particular switches activate certain outlets, lights, or other devices. I'm thinking of some field that can be used...by hausmacher » - 1 Replies
- 3279 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
scale adjustment for my cabinet maker
From newbe I took my plan to a cabinet shop and he advised me that my plan needs to be 1/4 or 1/2 scale. Can anyone tell me what number I would put in the nu...by dtyndale987 » - 1 Replies
- 2872 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Sloped ceiling not working with more than one level
I followed the tutorial to make a sloped ceiling (https://www.sweethome3d.com/slopingCeilingGuide.pdf), which works fine as long as I have only one level. As...by mikedj » - 2 Replies
- 3064 Views
-
Last post by mikedj
-
-
-
About Sweet Home 3D online
I create a new file in Sweet Home 3D online, the default language is Chinese, but when I accidentally select Chinese again in the language of Edit preference...by chouyangkai » - 2 Replies
- 2599 Views
-
Last post by chouyangkai
-
-
-
How do I create an Arched Roof
I am trying to design a cabin based on website: Https://archedcabins.com. In this case a 30x40 cabin with arched walls that at the center point is 17' I thou...by TPipes » - 4 Replies
- 3313 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Penetration of sunlight through the window glass
I have the following problem. 1) I created a window model for my project. 2) The window looks great and it is transparent. 3) When rendering (using a plugin ...by segamega90 » - 1 Replies
- 2683 Views
-
Last post by segamega90
-
-
-
Print only one wall
Hello, i designed my new house and would like to start with the planning for electricity. In the forst room, all light switch and sockets are put on the wall...by justy_beke » - 2 Replies
- 1942 Views
-
Last post by Gildaniel
-
-
-
My Sweet home 3D has no function for rendering light
Hello, I am using Sweet Home 3D 6.6 on Win 10 and it has no option to choose time when creating photos. Here is what I see on my PC: Do I need to purchase so...by tiennguyevan » - 2 Replies
- 1881 Views
-
Last post by tiennguyevan
-
-
-
importing 3d modules in online version
Greetings, most of the answers about the importing 3d modules in online version are either old or not so clear, so I'd like to get a more definitive answer, ...by daggs » - 3 Replies
- 1855 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Undesired sun light over the walls in aerial view...
Hi, I have a house floor plan desgined in SH3D, and I would like to generate an aerial view (so a view from top), with the sun light (all interior lights off...by jeromego » - 5 Replies
- 5334 Views
-
Last post by sjb007
-
-
-
Second Floor Interactions with First Floor
Hello, I'm wondering if it's possible to have certain interactions between the second floor and the first floor. -- Lights from second floor visible when fir...by DATAstrm » - 4 Replies
- 3716 Views
-
Last post by sjb007
-
-
-
Moving entire plan within grid
I somehow started my plan in the wrong location, added some rooms, deleted walls, added others and now I am ready with my floor plan but I am stuck somewhere...by HvF » - 4 Replies
- 6548 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Door height is different in XML when model is saved
I have a door that I set in the software to 83.188 inches high, which is 207.97cm. When I check that same door in the Home.xml, it's showing a height of 211....by workingstorage » - 2 Replies
- 2139 Views
-
Last post by workingstorage
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest