Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 262 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
Modify level - what elevation, floor thickness and height affect
After adding levels to my current project and loosing the vaulted ceiling that I had added for the living room area I started searching the User's Guide, the...by vmq » - 1 Replies
- 4427 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Some issues with walls
Hello! First of all, I'd like to give thanks for this application existing at all. It seems to be the only free and open source software of this type and for...by Luminous » - 3 Replies
- 4890 Views
-
Last post by snmavronis
-
-
-
Sunken living room floor? How?
I started with elevation 0. Made my walls 9'9" tall, and then added "box"s to raise the floor for the rest of the basement. The problem I am running into now...by mbwesner » - 7 Replies
- 4779 Views
-
Last post by mbwesner
-
-
-
Change scale
I made a plan about a far away home and got new information about the scale; how can I apply a factor to my plan and change all dimensions with just one input?by TPfanne » - 1 Replies
- 3979 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Creating a simple 1" x 4" wall trim
Hi all - Just bought SH3D and have been using it for a couple of days now, but I just can not find a way to add a simple trim (1" x 4" wall) to rooms that ca...by Ruskinite_2 » - 2 Replies
- 4982 Views
-
Last post by Ruskinite_2
-
-
-
Meter to feet conversion
Hi! I've just downloaded the program New User... Is there a way I can change the measurements from Meters to feet?by VeronikaStar » - 3 Replies
- 12007 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Reorganise the Home Furniture List
Hi, Has the option to re-org the furniture list been removed recently? I've tried click and dragging an item on the list (either within an existing group or ...by Zero7 » - 2 Replies
- 3840 Views
-
Last post by Zero7
-
-
-
how to hide furniture icons in 2d plan
I would like to print out the 2d plan of a room I've designed to turn in with a permit application. But, they need just the walls, object locations (with tex...by senorsmile » - 1 Replies
- 3536 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
FreeCad, Blender, and SweetHome3D
We are using FreeCAD, Blender BIM, and SweetHome3D to take advantage of each tool in an architecture workflow. FreeCAD is good for technical design and part ...by marcin_ose » - 3 Replies
- 7828 Views
-
Last post by marcin_ose
-
-
-
Z-order furniture on the same level
Is there a way to order the furniture on the 2D image so that items like umbrellas appear above and chairs show (partially) under a table?by mdwpilot » - 3 Replies
- 3397 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Can someone please explain plan view "other level' wall visibility?
I'm running 6.4.2 currently. I've read everything I can find, but the behavior does not make sense to me. If I create a new layout, add a couple walls at "le...by jmbraben » - 6 Replies
- 6226 Views
-
Last post by jmbraben
-
-
-
move my house on the field
Hallo. I dont know how can i explain exactly my problem I am new member here and i will to said hello, my name is Reiner from Germany. Sorry for my bad engli...by Hullewatz » - 2 Replies
- 2721 Views
-
Last post by Hullewatz
-
-
-
I need help with a complex roof
I started working on the house roof yesterday. At first, I made the magenta wall on the first floor and dived it so I could make a triangle. But then I wonde...by Shralen » - 11 Replies
- 6915 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
FreeCAD Model in SH3D
Hello everyone! This my first post in this forum and I hope one of you can help me. I want to create furniture with the Part Workbench in FreeCAD (v0.18). Th...by Ferdo » - 5 Replies
- 4691 Views
-
Last post by UbuntuBirdy
-
-
- 1 Replies
- 2264 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
Poly lines
Is it possible to join/snap ploy lines to get a neat finish when drawing in 2D only.by Lalk » - 1 Replies
- 2768 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Small icons and menu text
Icons and menu items are very small. Is there a way to increase the size? I am using the Ver. 6.4.3 on a new laptop with a 4K screen and 2nd monitor is a lar...by jbentleyaz » - 2 Replies
- 4366 Views
-
Last post by jbentleyaz
-
-
-
How is the turning direction of the virtual visitor?
Hello, I would like to know how sweethome3d determines the turning direction of the virtual visitor when rendering a video. When he goes from one camera posi...by [email protected] » - 2 Replies
- 2488 Views
-
Last post by [email protected]
-
-
-
Too much horizontal grid
Somehow the grid on my layout has expnded WAY beyond what I need in columns. I can adjust the "rows" by dragging the button on the bottom of the grid but don...by akaalan225 » - 1 Replies
- 2360 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Roof creation remote help
Hi all, normally I'd dig in myself until I can make it happen like desired, but time is very limited at the moment because my house (which I completely plann...by iRoland » - 10 Replies
- 6658 Views
-
Last post by UbuntuBirdy
-
-
-
Room area calculations
Hi. I am new to the software. Is there a function to calculate the room area? Thanksby CrazeUK » - 3 Replies
- 3322 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Stonewalls Texture
I am trying to design a patio and I have it done except for the texture on top of the stonewall. I created a wall 3 feet high by 2 feet thick and I added sto...by Diana57 » - 2 Replies
- 3249 Views
-
Last post by Diana57
-
-
-
Need help
Hello, everyone, I would like to make a round room cutout of 180 cm on the first floor, so that one can see a sculpture in the basement. Can someone please h...by daveywavey » - 1 Replies
- 2677 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
White lines on ground (from walls of lower floor)
Hi - my level 0 displays the wall outlines from a lower floor on the ground as white lines? Can I switch this off? Thanks!by Chrack » - 1 Replies
- 2684 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Slanded ceiling for lost space help
I have creating my loft conversion plans onto sweet home 3D. I am having issues trying to slant the ceiling or wall so I can see how much head room I will ha...by ollycuff » - 2 Replies
- 2980 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Automate light rendering or save settings with point of view?
Hi there, I’m fairly new to Sweet Home 3D but have successfully been able to create a really sweet 3D render for Home Assistant, where I intend to stack imag...by jenseo » - 3 Replies
- 5950 Views
-
Last post by enkonyito
-
-
-
Can I somehow color the level tabs?
Hello, I usually create 15+ levels (need this for the way I work in SH3D), and the level tabs always become in a 2-3 line and jump as I surfing thru them. Al...by dbzh » - 3 Replies
- 3292 Views
-
Last post by dbzh
-
-
-
Adding a crawl space afterwards
Hi! Thanks for this great program! I am trying to add a crawl space after I have designed the other levels (my mistake). So I added a new level with some wal...by Parnell » - 1 Replies
- 4057 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
331 hours to render ??
I've got my design as far as I can take it without a proper render that will show me the flaws. Is anyone willing to run a high-res render for me? My laptop ...by bhoffman67 » - 3 Replies
- 3014 Views
-
Last post by iRoland
-
-
-
Adding a tile backsplash
I'm a new user and I cannot figure out how to add a tile back splash in the kitchen. Somehow i changed the entire wall to be tile, thank god for the "undo" t...by Jgirardi » - 1 Replies
- 4415 Views
-
Last post by dorin
-
-
-
SEASALT Housing Co-operative
Hi guys! I am writing on behalf of SEASALT housing co-operative based in Brighton, UK. Our vision is of a student led initiative for affordable housing, demo...by SpanishTom » - 2 Replies
- 2920 Views
-
Last post by SpanishTom
-
-
-
"Copy as new furniture" grayed out
I am 99% sure that I have successfully done this in the past.... But now it doesn't work. If I select a room and try to copy it as new furniture, the option ...by Bilfrost » - 4 Replies
- 3467 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Moving Walls
Hi, I'm sure there is a shortcut key or maybe there used to be as I recall doing this (and I can't find it in the User Guide or the shortcuts sections), but ...by Zero7 » - 2 Replies
- 4384 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Repositioning my work
I started my project too far to the right. Is there an easy way to reposition the whole thing to the left margin?by [email protected] » - 2 Replies
- 2796 Views
-
Last post by dorin
-
-
-
Solid Wall in Imported Door Opening
I absolutely do NOT want the furniture library that comes with the software, so I deleted it; it screws with my OCD. But now when I import doors, even from t...by Mr_Kingsbury » - 1 Replies
- 2798 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
three pointed arch needed
Hello dear community, i am searching for a three pointed arch urgently. Can someone help. Best regardsby AKhan » - 0 Replies
- 2547 Views
-
Last post by AKhan
-
-
-
Any Column Feature?
Good evening everyone, I am a newbie. I already started my project and I've checked some tutorials on how to do things but I haven't found any column related...by RunMeerkat » - 2 Replies
- 4484 Views
-
Last post by RunMeerkat
-
-
-
is there any way to bend furniture?
hello, I was wondering if there was a way to bend a furniture such as a pipe in a way that you can arc walls. I have used a texture (with transparency) on a ...by ibmoy » - 1 Replies
- 3179 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Default view in HTML5 plugin
Hello World! How can i change the default view in the html file? I'd prefer to have Aerial View instead of Virtual Visit Thank youby crackwood01 » - 1 Replies
- 2863 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Hello, ask for help!
How can I make these 3d letters glow in neon? Or does someone have glowing neon letters? Thanks! Best greetings from Good Old Germany!by oldies2000 » - 7 Replies
- 2682 Views
-
Last post by gregoryx
-
-
-
Using custom angles between walls
Hello everybody, First of all I would like to congrats with all of you for sharing and contributing to it! I'm new to this great software and I would like to...by noemina » - 1 Replies
- 2724 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Round room
I created a round wall and I just can't make a room Double click doesn't work! The multifaceted room does not suit.by mousewhite » - 4 Replies
- 5405 Views
-
Last post by mousewhite
-
-
-
Crashing on close, MacOS Catalina
Hi all, I'm a quite reader of this forum and a happy user of SH3D for quite some time now. For some reason, and I can't tell you what's changed, I've got an ...by iRoland » - 3 Replies
- 3293 Views
-
Last post by iRoland
-
-
-
Adding new furniture
Hello: I would like to add more furniture to my Sweet Home 3D library. I read somewhere there is 1,000 new items for the categories. Can someone direct me wh...by kajus24 » - 1 Replies
- 2524 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Screened porch - suggestions
I've searched through all of the forum as best I can and have not stumbled onto any discussion about screened porches - how to set it up - combine walls, ser...by delaing » - 2 Replies
- 4840 Views
-
Last post by sic1234
-
-
-
Polylines
Hello there! I'm trying to use Polylines to lay out the electric cables though the apartment and I'm having some… questions. 1. How do I add points to the al...by August_Bebel » - 4 Replies
- 7573 Views
-
Last post by harryth
-
-
-
Need your help
Hello, everyone, I would like to make a round room cutout of 180 cm on the first floor, so that one can see a sculpture in the basement. Can someone please h...by daveywavey » - 2 Replies
- 2055 Views
-
Last post by daveywavey
-
-
-
Rotation different between box and triangle
Why do boxes and triangles rotated about the X axis act differently? When a box is shaped as a board with 1" width, 6" height and 48" depth, it's depth is al...by bert.struik » - 2 Replies
- 2518 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Right click options not working?
It has been about a year since I last used SH3D online. When I last used it, I could right click over items and could customize them, such as right clicking ...by wilecoyte » - 1 Replies
- 2144 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Sweet Home 3D ONLINE version problems
Hi, please point me how to change imperial to metric in online editor. I can't see any 'settings' option available. The second thing is when i start online e...by wilki » - 1 Replies
- 3468 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest