Background image not displaying in 3D

This topic has been viewed 5341 times and has 4 replies
Thread status: Active
How can I do this? [img]http://www.sweethome3d.com/images/flags/en_small.gif[/img]
Post Reply New Topic
otadmin
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:11 am

Background image not displaying in 3D

Post by otadmin »

I loaded and formated a background image. It shows in the 2D view but not in the 3D view. Checked "Background image visible in 3D view" but still not showing. Seems I am missing one step but where?
User avatar
hansmex
Posts: 4027
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:36 am
Country: Netherlands

Re: Background image not displaying in 3D

Post by hansmex »

Where exactly did you find the option "Background image visible in 3D view"? I can't find it in my version 6.1.2 of the program.

There is however an option that shows or hides the background image in the -->2D<-- view.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
otadmin
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:11 am

Re: Background image not displaying in 3D

Post by otadmin »

Huh, I have the same version of SH3d running it under Linux Mint. In the Menu "3D view" -> "Modify 3D view". On the top of the window are settings for Ground and Sky. Next below is a checkbox with the text "Background image visible in 3D view". Below this is the section about 3D rendering" dark and opaque.

But maybe I misunderstand the term background image completely. It is now displayed on the ground in the 3D view but not against the horizon. I can now see it if I look straight down on my object, but not if I look horizontally.
User avatar
Puybaret
Posts: 9440
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 pm
Country: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: Background image not displaying in 3D

Post by Puybaret »

Hans, the Background image visible in 3D view option appeared in version 6.0.

Otadmin, I feel the name of this option might be misleading. The full name should have been Background image of the plan at elevation 0 visible at ground of 3D view.
Read this thread to get ideas for what you probably try to achieve.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D creator
otadmin
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:11 am

Re: Background image not displaying in 3D

Post by otadmin »

Thanks for the explanation. I assumed "Background" to be trees and mountains behind the building. A flat background can still be useful to create a garden quickly.
Post Reply New Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest