Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 263 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
Resizing items with click and drag with a mouse
Hi Is it just me, or does the sizing corner of a selected item only do both X and Y at the same time? One would expect the drag direction to set the resize d...by macnab » - 2 Replies
- 2545 Views
-
Last post by macnab
-
-
-
Preserve scale with export to SVG format and Inkscape
First of all this is my first message on the forum. I'm a new user of this tool, and I'm impressed. Especially for its simplicity of use and how it fits my n...by JCarlos.ciber » - 0 Replies
- 2422 Views
-
Last post by JCarlos.ciber
-
-
-
Dimensioning/Bemaßung
Hallo, als Maßeinheit habe ich mm eingestellt. Die Bemaßungen werden jetzt in mm angezeit, jedoch auf cm gerundet. (Statt 5432 mm wird 5430 angezeigt). Wie k...by orwe8 » - 1 Replies
- 3284 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Setting Furnitures font size
Hi, I have made a complex project and resized the font of several furnitures, that are shown on the 2D, as larger or smaller then the default. Now I would li...by gcalavaro » - 1 Replies
- 5932 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Sky is yellow with rendering
Can make the sky light blue or dark blue. Can have the sun behind the building or in front. Sky always turn yellow. Worked fine until yesterday.by macnab » - 0 Replies
- 1595 Views
-
Last post by macnab
-
-
-
Importing textures/materials with downloaded 3D objects
Sometimes I download 3D objects (this is almost always people) and they are all white when I import them, but they have an image file which downloads with th...by RiffRaffMama » - 7 Replies
- 3999 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Insert Pictures (flat) into 2d view
I have searched all over for this and can't figure it out. I just want to import a .png file of a map to put on my plan coversheet. I don't want to use the b...by bdubalub » - 1 Replies
- 3876 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Page size restricted
So I'd like to make all my plan pages consistent at 24"x36". The problem I seem to be having is because my printer doesn't support large formats it won't all...by bdubalub » - 1 Replies
- 1826 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How I created my own plan blueprints and saved $1,000
I've used SweetHome for a few years, making tons of iterations of different designs to extend or reconfigure my house. I am working with a builder who will b...by jstyles » - 1 Replies
- 7158 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Damaged
Hello, Sweethome team. My .sh3d file is not openeing, can someone please look at this file and try to recover the data. I have to present this to a client an...by orlandothomas1 » - 1 Replies
- 1578 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
own Pictures at the wall
Hello, is there anyone who can tell me if it’s possible to create own pictures frames with my own photos in...?by MichaelTalisay » - 5 Replies
- 5736 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
How to design a bathroom?
I have an issue to design the walls of the bathroom. I want different types of tiles on different areas of the room and also in different heights. If I use a...by MichaelN » - 5 Replies
- 2217 Views
-
Last post by waleedfahmy
-
-
-
High DPI support
Hi guys, Thank you Emmanuel for a phenomenal program! Any chance of High DPI support? As a programmer myself, having made High DPI apps, it looks to me like ...by Leif » - 5 Replies
- 5699 Views
-
Last post by mxp
-
-
-
Home Renovation
Hi there, I'm a newbie to this forum, I'm doing a Whole renovation to my home, knock down all the walls, and rebuild the whole inside, electrics. I like the ...by barnettnce » - 1 Replies
- 1708 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Add node to the polygon of a room's floor
When my plan was nearly ready, I realised that I forgot a corner. I drew the additional two walls, but now I need to modify the polygon of the floor. I needs...by rexkogitans » - 1 Replies
- 3797 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
-
Section view - create 2D cut through the building to complement floorplan
Hello, i am planning the modernisation and renovation of our newly bought old house with sweethome3d and am very grateful for this wonderful piece of softwar...by siddie » - 10 Replies
- 10774 Views
-
Last post by vishvas
-
-
-
Rotation of windows along x, y and z axis
I realise that there are a number of threads concerning rotation but I still have a dilema. I notice that most furniture can now be rotated about x y and z. ...by JayOH » - 1 Replies
- 9099 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Mirroring walls
Hi, I have a large amount of walls which are joined at unusual angles, and I would like to copy and paste them, but in mirrored orientation (for the other si...by RiffRaffMama » - 3 Replies
- 1848 Views
-
Last post by waleedfahmy
-
-
-
lock ratios lights
Is it possible to adjust lights without locking ratios? I see that option in the lightwindow, but it is grey and not adjustable.by hobbyrv » - 2 Replies
- 1676 Views
-
Last post by hobbyrv
-
-
-
Room separator that shows up in the editor but not 2d pdf
Hey all very new user here I'm trying to find a way to add a room separator between rooms that is visible in the editor but comes out invisible in the 2d pdf...by f0d » - 1 Replies
- 2643 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
"Can't open home..." error
Hello everyone I have a problem with a home I'm working on - got this "Can't open home" error today, when I tried to do some changes to the project. Very str...by jasiekw » - 6 Replies
- 4778 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Fence wall
how can I add a fence wall that is about a hundred meters long? I tried to create a wall and slap a steel fence texture but it turned black on the transparen...by Assasing123 » - 6 Replies
- 12497 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
How do I delete a section of a wall (create a room)
Hi all, I am a newbie and have a question for the pros: I am creating a 2D plan for a flat remodel to give to my contractor: I created 3 adjacent rooms (no e...by fabtech » - 1 Replies
- 3931 Views
-
Last post by dorin
-
-
-
Creating 3D shapes
Hello, After installing a new hard drive I had to install all my programs again, including SH3D. I'm not sure which version I last had, but I'm sure somewher...by RiffRaffMama » - 2 Replies
- 2121 Views
-
Last post by RiffRaffMama
-
-
-
importing 3d elements with textures
hello all , I tried to download some .obj and .dae elements to use in my Sh3d file but when I imported textures doesn't appear , these files are in folders o...by waleedfahmy » - 2 Replies
- 5650 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Doors in plan are stretched out.
I recently upgraded from 4.2 to 6.2, and found the doors in my library that are using cut out shapes are not showing correctly in plan view. Instead of the n...by Ferraro » - 1 Replies
- 3231 Views
-
Last post by Ferraro
-
-
-
Double Wall Windows and Doors
When a double wall section is created and I wish to add a window, I must make the window depth the total depth of the two walls and the space between. Howeve...by KitchM » - 16 Replies
- 4904 Views
-
Last post by KitchM
-
-
- 3 Replies
- 3358 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
How to edit a room
Hello everyone,, I have created a room and the size of it is now shown. How can I make the room larger or add another room to it? I do not know the keys I ne...by PetterJhon » - 2 Replies
- 8510 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
-
How to reuse textures from furniture in the library
Hi, I was wondering if it is allowed and possible to reuse a texture used on a piece of furniture in the free library and apply it to an other piece of furni...by MrRule » - 3 Replies
- 3610 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
-
turn on placed light sources in the 3D view
I am new to Sweethome 3D. Is it possible to turn on placed light sources in the 3D view? Unfortunately, I can not handle that. Moreover, in the standard mode...by Friedrich » - 1 Replies
- 2529 Views
-
Last post by UbuntuBirdy
-
-
-
Bi-fold doors
Hi I am a very novice user and I am trying to modify a set of bi-fold doors created by PencilArt, which are in the latest Contributions.shf Currently, these ...by Lobo0953 » - 10 Replies
- 7779 Views
-
Last post by Lobo0953
-
-
-
can't position/place the end of a wall (straight or curved) where I want
I'm using very thin walls to create curved 'lines' on a drawing to trace electrical circuits from point to point, sometimes it works okay, but sometimes when...by bbxrider » - 2 Replies
- 2699 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
- 2 Replies
- 2001 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
Attachments Create furniture by polilne contour extrusion?
Dear sirs! Loving sweethome, I miss one simple and powerfull feature, which was in KitchenDraw and helped me to create ad hoc pieces and even new furniture f...by Gildaniel » - 11 Replies
- 4794 Views
-
Last post by Gildaniel
-
-
-
Starting Second Instance Of Sweet Home Has Different Grid Positions
I notice that when I open Sweet Home a second time and have two running, the background grid seems to shift where one starts at -15 and -3 at the top left co...by KitchM » - 0 Replies
- 2024 Views
-
Last post by KitchM
-
-
-
Automatically Adjust Walls on the Axis By SnapTo
Is there a way to make walls that became running at an angle to snap back into place perfectly horizontal and/or vertical? Thanks.by KitchM » - 0 Replies
- 1831 Views
-
Last post by KitchM
-
-
-
Rename Library
Is there an option to rename / remove the Sweethome starter furniture library? Would prefer to move to my own folders / subfolders. I have used the 'editors'...by mbuie » - 2 Replies
- 2586 Views
-
Last post by mbuie
-
-
-
Remove Room Square Foot Label
How can the user remove the square foot label after creating a room?by KitchM » - 1 Replies
- 3001 Views
-
Last post by KitchM
-
-
-
Rotate Plan
I need to rotate the whole plan 180 degrees. Is there a quick way to do this without having to redraw everything or rotating every item? Thank youby CNash » - 1 Replies
- 3096 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How To Create Walls With Dimensions
Is there a way to create a wall and have it automatically create the dimensions at the same time?by KitchM » - 2 Replies
- 3629 Views
-
Last post by KitchM
-
-
-
Measure Tool supposed to round?
Is the measure tool supposed to round? If I create a wall that are 10188 mm and measure it, it shows 10190. If I open the wall it says distance between point...by KalleDK » - 2 Replies
- 2535 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to solve this roof issue?
When I activate the roof in the room options then I see a grafic issue. See pictures. How could I solve it without creating my own roof out of boxes?by MichaelN » - 7 Replies
- 2374 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
-
2D & 3D issues
hi im after some help when drawing walls on a level with a pattern down the walls drawn in 2D dosnt show on the plan but shows in the 3D view or how do I vie...by maty87 » - 1 Replies
- 1872 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Savefile creation date?
I retrieved different files I did during years. Different version of same project, files modified by third parties... It could really help me to rebuild what...by marcocip » - 1 Replies
- 1634 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
2D Symbols
More often than not, I just use the 2D view to create and modify floor plans. Is there a library that includes 2D symbols of furniture and fixtures? At this ...by SebastianBautz » - 3 Replies
- 5471 Views
-
Last post by dbzh
-
-
-
Realistic black windows
Hi I'm trying to render pictures with black windows. So in general black glass. I tried first with a simple wall in black color and shiny surface. That doesn...by swave » - 2 Replies
- 2557 Views
-
Last post by swave
-
-
-
is this library still available?
looking for the 2d electrical symbols lib Electrical symbols (1.1 MB - 72 models (created by Dorin) looked here (ticket #325 and 3D Models) 'These libraries ...by bbxrider » - 3 Replies
- 3034 Views
-
Last post by bbxrider
-
-
-
Elevation related to sea level
Hello, I want to simulate the sun incidence to my house. I have defined the coordinates where the house is located and the compass. Now I am wondering if wit...by soyxan » - 1 Replies
- 1984 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
-
-
how to make diff. floors
greetings, How to go for a new Floor above the ground floorby praox045069 » - 1 Replies
- 1807 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot] and 1 guest