Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 260 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
Rotate a single freestanding wall
Hello, I am designing the interior of a video studio that has various sets. In order to find the best layout I want to create the sets as walls and then move...by dwdusharme » - 1 Replies
- 4474 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Polygonal/circular rooms
Coming back to SH3D after a couple of years to see how much the program has changed. There have been some nice features added, so i went ahead to see if i co...by harbinger » - 1 Replies
- 3047 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Lighting tips for advanced rendering
At the risk of repeating myself… There has been several discussions about light on this forum. The latest I recall is this thread, where I mentioned my five ...by Ceciliabr » - 12 Replies
- 24702 Views
-
Last post by Ceciliabr
-
-
-
import 2d picture for wall hanging, etc?
Hi, i would like to be able to import a 2d image to use for wall art, and various other things. Since i dont see any option like that in sh3d, i wonder if th...by JFrankParnell » - 8 Replies
- 18249 Views
-
Last post by PhotoCat
-
-
-
Creating folders
Hello friends, is there any possible way to create folders with my names in program?by raipv1 » - 4 Replies
- 2689 Views
-
Last post by raipv1
-
-
-
add furniture to home
Hi Having a problem adding furniture. I drag and drop an armchair but the result is a tiny image. When I try to edit its size the result is still very small ...by trandel » - 1 Replies
- 1600 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
- 5 Replies
- 1794 Views
-
Last post by UbuntuBirdy
-
-
Texteru on top of the walls
Hello guys, can I avoid this texture effect which is in 3D render when I apply texture on the wall. I would like to have top of the walls white. Pls see this...by jimass » - 4 Replies
- 2386 Views
-
Last post by jimass
-
-
-
How can I get white ceiling after a photo mode (.png format)?
Hi there, When I put my drawing into a photo mode-after that a ceiling is getting a grey or dark. Is it possible to set up a white ceiling and get it white i...by peterweaver » - 4 Replies
- 2293 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
difficulty copying floors
A while a go I posted a failure in the system, see my last thread. It still occurs and has even a new problem. I posted some screenshots in my website, so I ...by hobbyrv » - 1 Replies
- 1744 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
Rotating walls and rooms
Hi, I have grouped all furniture elements of my 'Home Sweet Home' - now I can rotate & move the hole group. That is easy & works fine. But I don't find a way...by jhox » - 1 Replies
- 6492 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
GRID PREFERENCES - Advanced Control - feature request
SH3D: GRID PREFERENCES OPEN SOURCE CREATIVE COMMUNITY / evaluatiion 1: How to change the basic grid measurements to a specific requirement. 1a: Change the ba...by KaiBuskirk » - 2 Replies
- 5603 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Decrease or reduce amount of sunlight?
Hi, is there a way to make the sun less bright? Maybe simulate a cloudy day? I have a render that is being completely washed out by the sun. I want minimal s...by navy2x » - 2 Replies
- 2956 Views
-
Last post by Ceciliabr
-
-
-
wall in 2d drwing
hi, i'm a new user I wish have walls coloured in 2D plan ( not 3D ) not patterns or White or black it's possible choose colors in 2D mode? Thanks a lotby bruce111 » - 2 Replies
- 1502 Views
-
Last post by bruce111
-
-
-
room points make change with keyboard and not the mouse how?
Hello all around, I am a newbie on/with sh3d and I have still a great big problem starting with it by "only" creating my first room with its exact inner meas...by berti_halbhirn » - 1 Replies
- 2276 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
video: the camera goes on rotating on itself - speed regulation
Hi making a video is it possible avoid that the camera goes on rotating on itself. How can I make it go straight from one point of view to another? Is it pos...by picmau » - 3 Replies
- 1724 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Create slab or room with angled edges
Trying to create a slab or room with angles. Can create with polyline, but I don't see a feature to convert to room. Would like the area to be calculated. Tr...by svtdoug » - 3 Replies
- 4086 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
kitchen countertops ?
Likely a silly noob question, but how does one make countertops ? Like a kitchen island sort of thing ? Merci beaucoup...by dlbrum » - 9 Replies
- 16725 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
-
-
Door/cabinet handles
Hi all, I'm a new user, and wondering where to find things like door and cabinet handles, and all the small detail things. TIAby FriesianGal » - 1 Replies
- 2579 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
-
Move around in Aerial View?
I seems to be locked to the center of the screen. I would want to move around above my house like a ghost. Is that possible? I do know I can walk around in t...by MrGlad8 » - 1 Replies
- 10095 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Some wierd tearing in the 3d overview
When I turn one of my room into a room using the create room-tool I see some really strange tearings in the 3D-overview. How do I solve that?by MrGlad8 » - 2 Replies
- 2025 Views
-
Last post by MrGlad8
-
-
-
levels, floor thickness and wall heights
Hello, I am a new user, after a few days I did get my house and the 3 levels well done, basically, but : I wish to add different textures on a wall (textures...by olek94 » - 6 Replies
- 8238 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Exterior walls running across two levels
I have a sloping block of land, so the external fence starts on level 1, and runs down to level 0 (in fact below that, but that's ok). So what I'm trying to ...by robertvk » - 2 Replies
- 1797 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Grouping elements
I have set up a kitchen and wanted to group all furniture elements. The result is not as I would like it to be. I have a cabinet, a ceramic hob on top of it ...by ipfelkofer » - 2 Replies
- 2426 Views
-
Last post by ipfelkofer
-
-
-
Setup a roof
I ve read some docs about roofs but it doesnt work as i wonna. For example I have a room with a part of a pitched suspended ceiling. If i difine different ar...by brodbdie » - 0 Replies
- 1621 Views
-
Last post by brodbdie
-
-
-
Stop the walls from using CC
Hello! I like this program so far. But when I'm making walls of my room - I first take the measures in my room from the inside of course, thats what I'm inte...by MrGlad8 » - 5 Replies
- 1803 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
- 5 Replies
- 2350 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
-
How to set the material file name programatically
Hi, I have a home 3d model with many walls. I added a image file as texture to one of the walls and exported the model to obj format I noticed that a new mat...by avnerm » - 1 Replies
- 1917 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
3D Rendering only possible in low quality
Dear all, I managed to create low-quality renders - although when I try to create high-level renderings the image is only grey as if theres no light. But I h...by k1r2t3n » - 1 Replies
- 1733 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
How can I import my own pictures and add them to furniture/floor etc?
Any tips? Cheersby peterweaver » - 2 Replies
- 1486 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
- 2 Replies
- 2548 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
Unable to open .sh3d file (OSX 10.12.6)
Yesterday, I worked on a room as a part of a project and saved multiple times during the process of making it. Today, I tried opening the file and an error c...by thenewarchitect » - 5 Replies
- 2524 Views
-
Last post by Jdemeri
-
-
-
change furniture on other floors
When I copy a designed room from 1 floor to another floor, I see that changes in the 2nd floor automatically changes in the 1st. I want to change or delete f...by hobbyrv » - 7 Replies
- 2036 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
setSelectedLevel gives an Error
Hello, I am attempting to select a level in a building via the API. Below is a snippet of code that successfully runs until the last line is reached. Code: S...by PacWood » - 2 Replies
- 1237 Views
-
Last post by PacWood
-
-
-
Measure attached to the wall
Hi all, I've just downloaded SH3D 5.7! Is it possible to 'connect' a measure with (for example) a wall? I'd like to change a wall and the related measure fol...by SteMMo » - 1 Replies
- 1224 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Define your "land" size, which you want to build on
Hey all, i want to define a space which is around 5000m2 (5hectars) of land. one this land i then want to arrange 5-10 different houses. how can i define thi...by jamiepryer » - 1 Replies
- 4081 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Base Plan definition
What defines the base plan? I find , if the base plan is locked, I can move some objects eg cupboards but not others eg doors and frames. There must therefor...by nuvolari » - 3 Replies
- 4107 Views
-
Last post by Xiste
-
-
-
furniture coming out on the other side of wall
hello, Is there anything I can to about a piece of furniture coming out on the other side of the wall? Thanks,by smcc » - 1 Replies
- 1309 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
-
-
AN IMPORTANT QUESTION
Hey all, I just wanna know if a project made on an previous version of sweet home 3d works at the actual version? I don't wanna loose my projects and i want ...by antonioperez2002 » - 1 Replies
- 1557 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Create a complex room section
Hi! Im trying to draw my upcoming home, but cant find a way to create one of the rooms. It is a one floor house, and most rooms has a flat ceiling at 2.6m. B...by killernils » - 12 Replies
- 6097 Views
-
Last post by killernils
-
-
-
Printing Floor
I need to print out the floor plan with scale in the background (if possible) for my HVAC guy and also the city inspector. I would like to print it on a larg...by MarkWall » - 5 Replies
- 10307 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Half walls and bulkheads
Hello. I'm designing a room and I have a half wall that I can't figure out how to draw it. Is there a way to make a wall that is only a certain height not fr...by VE6CPU » - 1 Replies
- 5015 Views
-
Last post by GAthena
-
-
-
Custom roof. Tutorials do not help.
Hello, I'm new to Sweet Home 3D, but find it quite useful. I have been trying to build a roof. I went through some videos and samples how to build custom roo...by rulllesss » - 2 Replies
- 1624 Views
-
Last post by rulllesss
-
-
-
first attempt to design my own proposed home - so many difficulties
Hello all, This is my first post, I am very new to SH3D. Only this weekend, yesterday morning I watched a youtube tutoril and started to design my home. Have...by Gollabhama » - 2 Replies
- 1348 Views
-
Last post by Gollabhama
-
-
-
House on cylindrical blocks
Hi - I'm new to this and I'm just drawing a house that sits on a series of cylindrical concrete foundation blocks. The whole house is 900mm off the ground. H...by JochenL » - 5 Replies
- 1397 Views
-
Last post by Gollabhama
-
-
-
Walls not at high like the ceiling
I have an open kitchen with walls 80cm high. But in the 3D-View the ceiling is drawn down to this walls. Is there a switch to divide the wall from ceiling? O...by Bummibaer » - 1 Replies
- 1455 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Select an item from 3d view
Hello fellow SH3D users, I've tried to find an answer to my following question in the forums but without success, so maybe it's not possible at all, but I st...by rossnet » - 2 Replies
- 2792 Views
-
Last post by rossnet
-
-
-
zoom for HTML5 tool file is weak compared to program zoom
Hello, When I do a "Tools > Export to HTML5" , the .html file viewHomeInOverlay.html contains the building that I have been working on and it looks good. How...by PacWood » - 8 Replies
- 2306 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Sketchup .skp-File
I've created a sketchup file .skp last year. Now, I don't find a offline version of Google SketchUp?! Is there a way to translate a .skp file to a sh3d-file ...by Bummibaer » - 3 Replies
- 4515 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
How to divide a wall into 3 parts with different bricks
How to divide a wall into 3 parts with different bricks, as followsby llk1978 » - 1 Replies
- 1521 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest