Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 260 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
Flat to vertical
I've imported numerous bits and pieces into my system for various uses, only to find that, so far, they all lie on the floor. can I make them vertical (for e...by greyfelow » - 1 Replies
- 2674 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
How to update furniture within a scene after applying changes to the model?
Hello, I am learning to create models in Blender which I then use with SH3D. My workflow is to build something in Blender, export as OBJ, import in SH3d and ...by MaMu » - 5 Replies
- 3511 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to make sunlight from outside shine through window?
Hello, on Youtube I watched a tutorial where the sunlight from outside shines through the Windows causing a reflection on the room ground. However, I can't s...by MaMu » - 1 Replies
- 5177 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
Problem with texture import
Hello everybody! Sorry for my English I have some problem: I have made model in blender and one face of my model has texture (Logo). By importing in Sweet Ho...by Kris3773 » - 1 Replies
- 2989 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Sloping ceiling over 2 floors possible?
I am trying to create a room with a sloping ceiling. I succeeded in creating the sloping ceiling, but because the room has a sleeping loft I am creating it w...by dmbakker » - 6 Replies
- 4590 Views
-
Last post by dmbakker
-
-
-
Please help ... Non-rectangular slopw
Hi, I'm looking for some help with landscaping. I have been able to create a slope using shapes provided in https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/d-models/29...by Gelo_F » - 2 Replies
- 2775 Views
-
Last post by Gelo_F
-
-
-
Problem printing (Page is blank)
Hello, I having a problem to print, since I have added a few elements to my plan, I cannot print anymore. if I use the print menu and then use "Open as PDF i...by beynony » - 2 Replies
- 2970 Views
-
Last post by beynony
-
-
-
Need a little help
Hello everybody, I just now once extensively 3D busy with Sweet Home and created me a club. The result can be admired on my homepage under www.oldies2000.de/...by angels2016 » - 0 Replies
- 2828 Views
-
Last post by angels2016
-
-
-
I can't find any flooring options
I can't find any flooring options such as wood flooring, or carpeting or tiles or whatever. I have searched all over the site and thru Google and can't find ...by Rollob » - 3 Replies
- 4899 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
How to change existing dimension precisely from keyboard
Hello I need to be change the length of existing dimensions precisely from the keyboard. Please can someone advise how to do this?by John37 » - 2 Replies
- 6211 Views
-
Last post by John37
-
-
-
Home Plan (2D) looks different on Linux / Windows
Hi all, I noticed that on Windows, the 2D Home Plan shows the commonly used representation of furniture, which is a view from right above (pic1). On Linux, I...by TinkyWinky » - 1 Replies
- 3155 Views
-
Last post by Miker777
-
-
-
How to copy furnitures from an opened sh3d file to another one?
How can one copy furnitures from an opened sh3d file to a special place to another one? When I copy e.g. a table from a sh3d file and paste it into another o...by Dirki » - 17 Replies
- 8325 Views
-
Last post by dorin
-
-
-
Fix output video
Hi, I'm rendering a video and it takes...weeks to do it even with a good machine because the soft does not seem to use GPU or the full RAM of my computer (32...by bobbob601 » - 5 Replies
- 3381 Views
-
Last post by Miker777
-
-
-
print with scale
Hi all, I'm trying to print my home plan, I need to print it at a 1:50 or 1:100 scale. I try to export to .csv or .svg but once converting to .dxf or .dwg fo...by bobble3 » - 2 Replies
- 5814 Views
-
Last post by bobble3
-
-
-
wall edge
Hello, i create a wall and i finished the wall at a point. if i want to create a new wall, which starts at this edge / point, i will not be able to connect b...by walterschmitz » - 8 Replies
- 5395 Views
-
Last post by Miker777
-
-
-
Put on board 30 cm high walls
Hello, I want to create a sketch in which I I make 3 30 cm high walls (Ytong) and on a "wooden plate" Place. Can anyone give a tip, have nothing correspondin...by MarkusSB » - 2 Replies
- 3087 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
Increase land area from 50m x 50m ?
Hello, apologies if this has already been posted; but I have tried the forum search and Google with no luck. When I create a new plan; I get a standard 50m x...by jf1452 » - 2 Replies
- 4150 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Importing light sources properly
Hi everyone, im working for a client who needs nothing of the default SH3D furniture library except for the lights. I want to know how can I properly import ...by saadjumani » - 1 Replies
- 4928 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
Help to get almost no shadows
Hello! I was just wondering if there is any way of remove or get softer shadows when you make a 3d plan picture like this: http://i.imgur.com/DGiNmxL.jpg I w...by Skitzo0379 » - 2 Replies
- 3445 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Origin and scale of measurements?
I love this tool, but I used it wrong. I started entering my wall measurements at 42 feet from the left, so they are too crowded and too far from the left. I...by David251 » - 3 Replies
- 3551 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
-
- 0 Replies
- 2575 Views
-
Last post by Ceciliabr
-
-
How to add any picture to the wall ?
Hi there Is there a possibillity to put a jpg or any image file on the wall ? I don't want to fill the entire wall, just put a logo on it. Regardsby Yanoda » - 3 Replies
- 5888 Views
-
Last post by Yanoda
-
-
-
Several problem with using Sweet Home 3D
Hi Guys, I installed the software yesterday and I decided to learn it today but I am having some real frustrating problems that I hope I can eliminate soon. ...by George59 » - 18 Replies
- 17396 Views
-
Last post by UKenGB
-
-
-
Floating layer in 3d view
Hello friends, When i view the building in 3d view i keep getting a floating layer when in a specific angel. Is it possible to remove it/hide it? In red mark...by iepofanof » - 1 Replies
- 2840 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Room with a hole
By which I mean a room that contains an area that is not the room I set up a boundary of walls as the outer perimeter, but within that placed a smaller group...by UKenGB » - 3 Replies
- 4366 Views
-
Last post by UKenGB
-
-
-
Simple flat object
What would be the best way to create e.g. a rug in the middle of a room? Or a patio area outside? Seems to me I just want to define an area and apply a textu...by UKenGB » - 2 Replies
- 3007 Views
-
Last post by UKenGB
-
-
-
curved ceiling ?
Hello all, has anybody an idea how to create a curved ceiling as you find in a camera or cove? Most old wine - cellars show such roofs. It´s like the inner -...by Swotl » - 3 Replies
- 5374 Views
-
Last post by Swotl
-
-
-
only allow walls at 0, 45, 90, 135, 180, 225, 270, 315 and 360 degrees
Hi all, could not find the answer in the forum yet (newby, sorry) but when splitting and connecting walls (I have the Advanced Editing plugin installed), the...by rvwrvw » - 2 Replies
- 2894 Views
-
Last post by Miker777
-
-
-
Some Rendering Questions
Hello I am new since Friday to SweetHome3D. It is amazing software - very impressive. I am doing my first few renders of my designed home. Questions: 1. In v...by smokeycoles » - 2 Replies
- 3817 Views
-
Last post by Ceciliabr
-
-
-
Heights and elevations
I'm very new to SH3D and trying to get my head around the various heights, levels and elevations and how they add up. Is there a simple diagram that shows ho...by UKenGB » - 9 Replies
- 13279 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
Hiding walls
I've imported a background image of the house plan and drawn walls as appropriate. But now I want to add windows and I can't see them in the background image...by UKenGB » - 7 Replies
- 4759 Views
-
Last post by UKenGB
-
-
-
High Resolution Output
I have been using this program since about January 2016, pretty much self-taught. I am doing floor plan designs for hi-quality offset printing. I see from ot...by mike@iai » - 1 Replies
- 4951 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Electric & data tracks
I have already built the house model. Also in this forum I found how to add the power plugs (with a custom design). I would like to draw the tracks for the e...by mune72 » - 6 Replies
- 7220 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Show all levels at once in 2D?
I want to use the 2D diagram with dimensions to build a materials list. Is there a way to show all levels in one view? I want to add dimensions to this view ...by joed11 » - 5 Replies
- 8597 Views
-
Last post by joed11
-
-
-
Rename furniture?
Is it possible to rename furniture? It's difficult to find items and if I could rename them; it would make my life easier. Looking for 'cabinets' and having ...by jimosity » - 2 Replies
- 3535 Views
-
Last post by lama1980
-
-
-
Modify wall texture color/hue/saturation on the fly to "play around"
As plain colors look very unrealistic for walls, I always use some kind of texture like "sponge painting light green" or similar. Now I want to "play around"...by Painter21 » - 4 Replies
- 4524 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Problems with dimensions
Hi, I am using sw3d to plan my new home and I really like it: I am doing quite a good job. I only have a couple of problems with dimensions. First, when I cr...by edmond_dantes » - 6 Replies
- 4226 Views
-
Last post by HawkDawg
-
-
-
Create photos at points of view - advanced options
First of all, thanks for developing this fantastic piece of software. It is not only very cool, but also really useful. I am using the "Create photos at poin...by adlerhn » - 1 Replies
- 3439 Views
-
Last post by mazoola
-
-
- 1 Replies
- 3649 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
- 2 Replies
- 4182 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
need some help
Hi good morning dear how are its nice web site and app I hope I will get some help I planning to build a new house and I need some help how to create 3d vide...by talal » - 1 Replies
- 2794 Views
-
Last post by WiccanPriest
-
-
-
User Interface and Text Too Small
Hi, I downloaded the newest version due to a seemingly added way to scale the user interface. Everything has been almost to small for me to use. However, I d...by ginakra » - 7 Replies
- 8622 Views
-
Last post by quirion
-
-
-
lateral view of walls, construction of a shelf
Is there a solution for this: Thread now? So said, to draw in 2D on a wall? I want to design a shelf against a wall with a fusebox. It should be construct ar...by Bummibaer » - 0 Replies
- 3275 Views
-
Last post by Bummibaer
-
-
-
Error opening sh3d file
Hello, I just purchased the software and created my first plan layout. This morning i opened the file to view, then saved and closed the application. Since i...by quickpencil » - 5 Replies
- 3314 Views
-
Last post by quickpencil
-
-
-
Where the cirle ends and the sky is joined...
I just have to ask: Is it possible to rotate the sky? Not only to avoid this: but also to be able to move the sky and find the best part of it. On stills, th...by Ceciliabr » - 7 Replies
- 3997 Views
-
Last post by Ceciliabr
-
-
-
Rogue item in aerial view
My aerial view appears to contain a "rogue" item that does not appear on my plan. The item is some distance from the main plan and consequently causes the ae...by Stopgap » - 4 Replies
- 4016 Views
-
Last post by Stopgap
-
-
-
Can You Make Sloping Terrain?
My house has 3 levels. The basement level goes out to the back yard and the second level is the level the garage is on and the entrance. I am wanting to slop...by seanecrawford » - 3 Replies
- 6910 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Error "Can't home home" for some homes in SweetHome3DOnline with Linux
Hello! I use http://www.sweethome3d.com/SweetHome3DOnline.jsp regularly and without any issues in Windows, but occasionally I want to use it in Linux, and th...by nougie2 » - 4 Replies
- 4550 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
adding text to a wall surface in 3D
In short, I want to add a sign to an exterior wall (think something like a chalk board). Can this be done in Sweet Home 3D or will I need to do it in another...by busdy » - 2 Replies
- 7926 Views
-
Last post by busdy
-
-
-
Reflection on the swimming Pool water
How do I get the reflection of the house, trees etc on the water of the swimming pool. Can any one please help me on this ] I want the reflections like in th...by santbose » - 8 Replies
- 6518 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest