Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 260 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
"Automatic Dimension Lines" don't show same precision as walls.
I have Inch / Decimals unit set in the preferences, so I'm drawing walls/spaces to the correct level of precision. However, when I choose the dimension tool ...by workingstorage » - 1 Replies
- 2068 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Is there a way to have all dimensions displayed in inches, and not feet & inches?
Is there a preference or a setting to do this?by titust11 » - 6 Replies
- 2423 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
-
-
Mac Paid Software Print Causes Crash
Using Mac Big Sur 11.6, every time I click the print feature the program crashes. I read about the problems on Linux but not much with this happening on OS. ...by bcrutch » - 1 Replies
- 1958 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Need to change material of Accordion fold doors
Hello, I recently purchased the Amazon version of SH3D with the 1400 additional models. There is only one model for a bifold accordion door called "Accordion...by tanguero » - 1 Replies
- 2021 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How can I integrate a 3D animation in my website ?
On the gallery here there are many examples, where I can see the file animated as with arial view and virtual visit. (Button "3D animation") How can I integr...by BernhardB » - 2 Replies
- 2027 Views
-
Last post by Gildaniel
-
-
-
Best way to do kitchen counters? + Problem with height not being uniform
As with many, if not most, kitchens, the one I need to model has a continuous L-shaped counter (that could be granite or a composite material) that covers, l...by tanguero » - 0 Replies
- 2154 Views
-
Last post by tanguero
-
-
-
Attachments list of keyboard shortcuts
After several month of using this great sw I still keep discovering new keyboard shortcuts and was not able to find complete list. Was I not searching enough...by storm88 » - 9 Replies
- 8969 Views
-
Last post by bbxrider
-
-
-
Reducing the canvas / plan size to fit the house
Is there a way to reduce the plan size to fit around the house? Somehow, while attempting to do a 3D walkthrough, the plan size expanded from about 3 acres t...by burgermeister » - 3 Replies
- 3030 Views
-
Last post by burgermeister
-
-
-
How to make a light emitting lamp or spot light that can be seen in 3D?
I saw this in sh3d examples that this is possible, but I don't know howby titust11 » - 0 Replies
- 1909 Views
-
Last post by titust11
-
-
-
3D View - how to adjust the color difference between N walls and S walls ?
There's a huge color difference between North and South walls, in such a way that the South walls appear very washed out, they are white if you use a pale co...by titust11 » - 4 Replies
- 2141 Views
-
Last post by titust11
-
-
-
Customizing permanent settings in preferences menu
I'm looking for a way to set my personal preferences. How can I do that? Examples: Polylines start out with a thickness of 1. I don't need that. I need to st...by 411621 » - 7 Replies
- 4169 Views
-
Last post by UbuntuBirdy
-
-
-
Is there a way to meaure a distance vertically. Probably not, but I'm asking anyway
That's one major thing I wish this application could do. The concept of elevations and calculating the vertical position in space of and object by adding hei...by titust11 » - 4 Replies
- 2154 Views
-
Last post by titust11
-
-
-
How to use an MTL file once you modify it.
I wanted to add a transparent material that I could use, and I read the explaining how to do it. There is a MTL file that has the same name as my sh3d file. ...by titust11 » - 1 Replies
- 2586 Views
-
Last post by titust11
-
-
-
Online version file size limitation
I wanted to upload my project to the online version, in order to show it on the ipad. I got a message that the file is too large, but I don’t know what is th...by titust11 » - 3 Replies
- 2439 Views
-
Last post by titust11
-
-
-
Transparent (glass) furniture??
I have been trying to import glass sliding shower doors for a bathtub, but unsuccessful in getting the glass to be transparent. After a lot of attempts and h...by califdon » - 10 Replies
- 34303 Views
-
Last post by titust11
-
-
-
Defective autosave
Hello, I'm a Brazilian user and I have a problem with the projects I made: I have 3 projects in total, and I changed all of them today, in the late morning a...by KamiraHaruno » - 10 Replies
- 4027 Views
-
Last post by KamiraHaruno
-
-
-
What other 3D applications can import sh3d files?
Is there a way to export a sh3d file to another 3d format? Or I can ask the question differently: What other 3D applications can import sh3d files? My constr...by titust11 » - 1 Replies
- 2108 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
A Service Hatch leaves a white stripe on the floor. Can this be avoided?
For a wardrobe opening, I create a service hatch in the wall, planning to add some sliding doors later. No matter what I do in the location where the hatch i...by titust11 » - 5 Replies
- 2523 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Stair case created in Sketchup don’t pierce a hole through the floor and I can’t see down the stairs
I couldn’t find an L shaped stair case in the library, so I created it in Sketchup, exported it in Collada format, then imported it is SH3D. Although the dim...by titust11 » - 1 Replies
- 3148 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
3D printing...
Hi there, I read with great interest last years' thread on 3D printing and I wonder if Emmanuel or others have experimented with 3D printing or if export of ...by Aissacf » - 5 Replies
- 6393 Views
-
Last post by UbuntuBirdy
-
-
-
Roof cannot be brought down, it's impossible to lower it on the top of the building
The roof (the red one or the blue one) from the Contributions, when inserted in the plan, it's impossible to lower it on the top of the building. it stops at...by titust11 » - 2 Replies
- 2420 Views
-
Last post by bert.struik
-
-
-
SVG export in the Sweethome 3D Online
I can't find the export to SVG function in the Online version. Is that not supported?by kurtl » - 1 Replies
- 3132 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to adjust the transparency of one or several walls only, NOT ALL
Is there a way to adjust wall transparency per wall and not only globally?by titust11 » - 3 Replies
- 1961 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Not able to rotate in 3D view in order to see an object from below
The 3D View rotation is capable to rotate left right, view from the top, but I can't rotate in order to see the bottom of a structure (in other words, from b...by titust11 » - 5 Replies
- 1960 Views
-
Last post by UbuntuBirdy
-
-
-
Floor Thickness on the Modify Level is missing
I want to create a 10"foundation cement slab. I created the level, created the room but on the "Modify Level" window the Floor Thickness doe not show up. I h...by titust11 » - 3 Replies
- 1810 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to print the layout in Black & White, as in only just the layout, without furniture
As I do not need the layout plan to be printed into the the color with all the furniture, how can I set to print the layout only, in black and white , withou...by bhcreativeideas » - 1 Replies
- 2040 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
inconsistent results when rotating 2 objects
I followed the tip for creating an inclined roof with windows, and used the rotate about horizontal axis after importing the wall to set the angle. When I ad...by sjskhalsa » - 1 Replies
- 1599 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to select a group to move
How do I select the whole of a small grouped object so I can move it? If I select the group in the object list, that doesnt select it on the plan, but as soo...by davequ » - 4 Replies
- 2673 Views
-
Last post by davequ
-
-
-
Light Diameter = ? size
How does the Light Diameter property correspond to actual dimensions?by silvercat17 » - 0 Replies
- 1511 Views
-
Last post by silvercat17
-
-
-
Create walls by doubleclick in a room
I have created a room I want to design. After creating the room I click the create walls button, and per tooltip, I double click inside my room to create wal...by buzzra » - 3 Replies
- 1802 Views
-
Last post by buzzra
-
-
-
Open / Close all windows/doors
Thanks for a great program. Using the renders in Home Assistant. The picture-elements card is to show a graphical state of a window or door; open or closed. ...by McOrmick » - 4 Replies
- 3987 Views
-
Last post by sugaretto
-
-
-
Gallery (hole in the ceiling)
Hi @ all, I am quite new to SH3D, but I am totally loving it. I watched some YT tutorials and my/our future house is nearly finished. What I am missing is a ...by Parcival » - 1 Replies
- 1683 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Windows Flickering
Hello, I actually can't use the program, whenever I try to do anything in Sweethome 3D all windows are flickering, menu buttons and writings reappear where t...by Marcin@ » - 1 Replies
- 2053 Views
-
Last post by Marcin@
-
-
-
Sweet Home 3D version 6.6a Windows zoom bug
When I zoom in model in 6.6a, the scroll position of the window resets to the top right, taking the model off the screen. Happens whether or not I use the zo...by workingstorage » - 0 Replies
- 1597 Views
-
Last post by workingstorage
-
-
-
Ceiling is not close to the walls
in a project I'm doing, the ceiling is not close to the walls. What can it be? How can I solve? Image1 by José Monteiro, no Flickr Thanks in advanceby Jo_Alfemo » - 9 Replies
- 2921 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Placing Picture Frames
Is there a way in virtual visitor mode to drag picture frames around on a wall? It seems like the 3D view is just for viewing, not editing. In the aerial 2D ...by pearsons_11114 » - 2 Replies
- 2376 Views
-
Last post by pearsons_11114
-
-
-
Aerial View of furniture
Hello. Apologies if this has been asked before, but I really only use SH3D for aerial views, and I want to add a piece of furniture with my own aerial view, ...by quietriot1983 » - 1 Replies
- 2642 Views
-
Last post by Daniels118
-
-
-
How do I change the scale to 1/8=1'0"?
Hello, I recently got this program and love how easy it is to use. I was working on a blueprint with my father for this job we had, and he brought to my atte...by ajuan777 » - 5 Replies
- 5080 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Different levels in the basement
Hello, (sorry for my English - I use the translator) I am starting to get to know SH3D and the first problem I encountered is as follows. In my basement, the...by Tamek » - 1 Replies
- 2632 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Keyboard shortcut for expanding 2D/3D view
Hello, is there any keyboard shortcut to maximize the 2D or 3D view instead of clicking on the arrows between the two panels? Since the arrows are very small...by Daniels118 » - 2 Replies
- 2753 Views
-
Last post by Daniels118
-
-
-
Viewing levels in 3d view from same position
I am building a floorplan of my house for a Home Assistant floorplan implementation. There are 2 floors and this requires a photo of each. For the ground flo...by stain35 » - 4 Replies
- 5018 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Measurement only goes to 1/8 not 1/16?
My Bose measuring tool usually gives me measurements in sixteenths, e.g. 5'3" 3/16 I can't seem to enter fractions of /16 into Sweet Home 3D. Is there a work...by workingstorage » - 1 Replies
- 3705 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Wall volume list
Hi, Is there a way to get a listing of wall volume (for all walls in the model)? Something like: Wall 1 - starting point (x, y) - end point (x, y) - length -...by Rolinger » - 1 Replies
- 3724 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
create room with exact size impossible
Hi, I am trying to create a room which has accurate measures, but it seems, I can only generate measures on 2 mm exact measure instead of 1 mm. My room is 15...by Ash2k » - 11 Replies
- 20016 Views
-
Last post by dorin
-
-
-
How do I make floors opaque between levels
I am making a house with a courtyard in the middle. In order to see the difference between the open and closed areas, I want the ceiling of the first level/f...by nbh707 » - 1 Replies
- 2631 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Issue with object files import
I realise that there are several threads for this subject but I haven't found anything that solved my issue. I have Obj files I have created in Blender mysel...by stain35 » - 1 Replies
- 2362 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Display room names in 3D View?
Hi there, Is there a way to display room names on the 3D View? Or at least add text. Sorry if this was already addressed, I couldn't find it on SweetHome3D a...by misaouette » - 2 Replies
- 2202 Views
-
Last post by misaouette
-
-
-
Merging two floors
Hi, I drawn 2 plans for 2 floors of the same house, can I merge them ?by Goofy54 » - 1 Replies
- 1848 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
sign with frosted logo and led lights behind...
I am creating a floor plan that includes lighting features that will reflect smart home actions such as turning lights on. I am using Sweet Home as it seems ...by stain35 » - 0 Replies
- 2129 Views
-
Last post by stain35
-
-
-
Rotation of groups including walls
Hallo, I would like to rotate a complete house. When I build a group containing walls, windows, furniture and tried to rotate the selected group, not everyth...by Michael_HH » - 1 Replies
- 2143 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest