Streets and Roads

This topic has been viewed 22338 times and has 32 replies
Thread status: Active
Looking for a particular 3D model or texture? [img]http://www.sweethome3d.com/images/flags/en_small.gif[/img]
Bubblobill
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 2:09 pm
Country: Australia

Re: Streets and Roads

Post by Bubblobill »

Check out the mini-golf holes . The same principle applies.
KitchM
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: Streets and Roads

Post by KitchM »

@bdfd, please supply a link to your projects. I don't know where your examples are.

Also, everyone, I cannot see the pavement texture with the dotted line anywhere but on my button bar. However, when I select it, nothing happens and I cannot add it to the item I'm editing.
VeroniQ
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:01 am
Country: France

Re: Streets and Roads

Post by VeroniQ »

KitchM, draw a line before with Create Polylines tool.
Mike53
Posts: 678
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:02 am
Country: UK

Re: Streets and Roads

Post by Mike53 »

You could download the latest library files, version 1.7 i think. it contains road lines
or
apply the gray pavement texture then draw walls where you want lines, 100 mm wide 2mm high color both sides white
KitchM
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: Streets and Roads

Post by KitchM »

Okay, please help me clarify this. If I am creating a road or a driveway, is it a room, a series of walls or a set of polylines?
Mike53
Posts: 678
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:02 am
Country: UK

Re: Streets and Roads

Post by Mike53 »

The room you create will actually end up being your road or driveway. poly lines do not show up in the 3d view and i am not sure if they print, all you need is a room, walls may help you to create the room, but then they can be deleted
KitchM
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: Streets and Roads

Post by KitchM »

Okay. So I create a room. Let's say it is a rectangle. I therefore see a rectangle shaded with grey inside.

Next I would add arcs to create a curve to my "room". Where and how is it exactly that I create an arc?
VeroniQ
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:01 am
Country: France

Re: Streets and Roads

Post by VeroniQ »

Polyline is only for the dotted lines. They can be visible in 3D if you choose the option.
If you want a curved street, you have to draw walls before, curve them, then create a room into the joined walls and remove walls. Then apply a texture to the room.
If you need rectangular street, use only Create rooms tool the apply a texture.
KitchM
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: Streets and Roads

Post by KitchM »

Good so far. Now how do I turn the walls into a room?
User avatar
UbuntuBirdy
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:31 pm
Country: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Streets and Roads

Post by UbuntuBirdy »

You can not turn the walls inti rooms.
You should use the walls to define the perimeter of the room you want to create, to "draw" the shape of the room.
Once you have done that, you can choose the room tool and double click into that shape and your room will automaticly be created.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
Post Reply New Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest