Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 262 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 1403 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
.png image on wall or object with transparancy...
Can I make either a vertical wall or object, apply a .png image of a tree that has transparancy around the tree, then see that in a 3d view and have the tran...by justthewayur » - 4 Replies
- 1951 Views
-
Last post by justthewayur
-
-
-
Editing Categorys
Hi there, i am using Sweethome3D at the online version (with login)and i would like to modifie the Categorys of the interior (left upper corner/Bathroom, Bed...by [email protected] » - 1 Replies
- 1282 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Change wall color on plane view
Hello my dear sweethome lovers! Can you guess a way to change color of the wall on plan view? There is official way only to change b/w pattern or top color o...by Gildaniel » - 2 Replies
- 3225 Views
-
Last post by Gildaniel
-
-
-
How to design a bathroom?
Hello, I have an issue to design the walls of the bathroom. I want different types of tiles on different areas of the room and also in different heights. If ...by kajus24 » - 1 Replies
- 2091 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
slopingCeilingGuide.pdf doesn't wok in SH3D 6.2
I'm trying to follow the slopingCeilingGuide.pdf guide but it doesn't seem to work with SH3D 6.2. I'm running ubuntu 18.04. Specifically: Section 2 - Sloping...by Dir » - 5 Replies
- 1748 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Slanting Tiled Roof-Looking for tips how to create
Hi, I am a newbie and thoroughly enjoying designing my future home. The best part is that in a span of two days, I am able to create basic outline of design ...by variarsb » - 1 Replies
- 3954 Views
-
Last post by Gildaniel
-
-
-
Two level with the same elevation: some rooms on upper level are transparent
Hello! I often use two levels with the same elevation, first as ground (grass on the picture), second is house first floor, to show house placing. When both ...by Gildaniel » - 22 Replies
- 10581 Views
-
Last post by Gildaniel
-
-
-
Elevations
Hi. I have noticed several questions about "elevations" recently, so here is a file that, hopefully, will help anyone who may need it, and here is a link to ...by Mike53 » - 2 Replies
- 3353 Views
-
Last post by Gildaniel
-
-
-
How do I delete a section of a wall
Hi everyone, I am a newbie and have a question for the pros: I am creating a 2D plan for a flat remodel to give to my contractor: I created 3 adjacent rooms ...by kajus24 » - 1 Replies
- 2824 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Can a generated 3D shape be saved as a furniture item for future use?
I have generated a 3D shape using the SH3D plugin and I would like to use it in the future. Is there a way I can save it as a furniture item in the catalogue...by RiffRaffMama » - 1 Replies
- 1560 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
.3DS and .gsm files download separately. How do I install?
Often when I download a 3D model online, the .3DS or .obj file has a separate .gsm file supplied with it in a zip file. How to I merge the .gsm file and .3DS...by RiffRaffMama » - 3 Replies
- 3192 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Dimension accuracy setting
Hello! Is it a way to change dimension accuracy, just for round meters with no comma values after?by Gildaniel » - 1 Replies
- 2527 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Something block my window view, I can't find it what..
Hi there, just starting to renovate my tiny house using this as my 3D design. I have problem with my up window above kitchen when viewing from below side the...by Semprot99 » - 1 Replies
- 2650 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
-
Changing angle of housing plans
I've created a plan for a cluster of 5 houses. The houses encircle a beach which is curved. All the houses will face the sea and therefore, the angle for eac...by [email protected] » - 1 Replies
- 2487 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Sloping walls and multiple ceiling heights
Hi! I'm trying to divide my house, with its classing pointy roof, into some rooms having different ceilings: some will be sloping, and others not. From outsi...by Cactus » - 2 Replies
- 5886 Views
-
Last post by Cactus
-
-
-
Background image not displaying in 3D
I loaded and formated a background image. It shows in the 2D view but not in the 3D view. Checked "Background image visible in 3D view" but still not showing...by helenelliott » - 1 Replies
- 2129 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Beam Width on Light Sources...can it be changed?
So I figured out that I can have light without seeing the light source by using the light sources in the library (go figure, right?). Now, I'm wondering how ...by arretx » - 0 Replies
- 1815 Views
-
Last post by arretx
-
-
-
Can't modify lights
Hi! LOVE THIS PROGRAM, but I recently ran into a situation where I put in multiple ceiling light fixtures and, a little while later, when I went back to modi...by benzdad » - 1 Replies
- 1612 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
A-Frame House
Is it possible to make the sloped walls/roof of an a-frame house in Sweet Home?by nixcamic » - 2 Replies
- 5849 Views
-
Last post by coldcomfort
-
-
-
How to define a suporting wall for a plot on a hill
I am new with SweetHome3D and I found two situations that I don't know how to solve it. Both have the same problem: When defining a wall, i can set the hight...by AlbertVonMoosseedorf » - 1 Replies
- 1838 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
House on hillside
Is it possible to create a house on a hillside in sweethome? I would like to have the ground slope outside the house and have doors open onto the ground leve...by nixcamic » - 1 Replies
- 3804 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to create ceiling beam?
I need to put a ceiling beam into a model, which would be easy if I could set an elevation for a wall, but I don't see any way of doing this. Looking for sug...by sjskhalsa » - 1 Replies
- 7738 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Guides to Follow when building from nothing?
In general are there specific guides to follow when it comes to home design? For example, is there a "right" size to make a room to minimize material waste a...by Yourguide » - 0 Replies
- 2484 Views
-
Last post by Yourguide
-
-
-
How to keep imported models such as windows and doors from flattening?
I apologize if this has been asked before, I did a quick look back and then a search and I didn't find anything. Whenever I try to import some doors and wind...by CasualDesigner » - 3 Replies
- 2518 Views
-
Last post by CasualDesigner
-
-
-
change floor height
when I built the plan I didn't consider that about 1/2 of the house is a different floor level. the orig house is on raised foundation about 20" high off the...by bbxrider » - 1 Replies
- 3158 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
furniture objects all look like sinks
pc crashed and reinstalled sweet home, added my furniture add ons from before but in my drawings they all look like sinks and trying to add any new objectg t...by bbxrider » - 5 Replies
- 2391 Views
-
Last post by bbxrider
-
-
-
Corner kitchen cabinet?
Brand new user, still VERY raw at using SH 3D... I am in the very beginning stages of looking to rebuild my 1200 sqft "barn" into a mother-in-law house, usin...by TxFig » - 2 Replies
- 4784 Views
-
Last post by TxFig
-
-
-
How to create levels with different areas?
Hi all, how are you?. I'm learning to use this excellent program and I've a problem: I'm modelling my house but I can't find the way to put levels with diffe...by vr@ » - 1 Replies
- 2031 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
French window in alcove
Hi All, I've been using SH3D on and off for a while and im trying to build up my house in sweet home 3d, we had a rough one before moving in but i would like...by bengillam » - 3 Replies
- 2347 Views
-
Last post by Cannoloz
-
-
-
Rotate Group of furniture about horizontal axis
Can a group of furniture be rotated about an X or Y axis? In making a truss and bolts from boxes, triangles and cylinders, it was easier to build them in pla...by bert.struik » - 2 Replies
- 2756 Views
-
Last post by bert.struik
-
-
-
Make windows stick in wall
So glad I found this program. How do I get the windows and doors I placed into the wall to stay in the wall when I move the wall? If not, is there a reason f...by creakinator » - 2 Replies
- 1802 Views
-
Last post by UbuntuBirdy
-
-
-
Camera Reset?
Is there (or can there be) a way to re-center the camera. I have a very large model and I occasionally lose the camera. It would be nice to have a camera res...by rca19 » - 3 Replies
- 6362 Views
-
Last post by mostafanasr
-
-
- 3 Replies
- 2380 Views
-
Last post by coldcomfort
-
-
"Save and compress" intended usage - just for webserving?
Hi I am new to this software but I like it so much. One thing I like a lot is the possibility of viewing the model as a webpage. That said, I am a bit lost w...by expangea » - 1 Replies
- 2568 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Issue with groupings and levels
Hi there, I have modeled my 3 story house seperated on 3 levels. Each level looks perfect with its own furniture etc. But then when group the furniture I hav...by deco0224 » - 2 Replies
- 2543 Views
-
Last post by Gildaniel
-
-
-
Ceiling on lower floor overridden with floor on upper floor
Hello, I have searched in vain for an answer to this apparent bug. In my two-floor simulation, choosing a floor on the upper level (for example, gray wood), ...by monstera » - 5 Replies
- 3397 Views
-
Last post by Gildaniel
-
-
-
Locking objects
Helpful readers...a quick question from a newbie; how does one lock objects in place?....if I position a table f'instance how to I prevent me accidently movi...by PeeGee » - 2 Replies
- 4079 Views
-
Last post by PeeGee
-
-
-
How to copy configured furnitures from one house/flat/file to another?
Dear Sweethome3D-professionals I'm very happy with that wonderful Program. Thanks to all who work on it! Because I'm searching now a long Time to find a Solu...by 3Dhenk » - 5 Replies
- 4696 Views
-
Last post by GilolArgute
-
-
-
Water inside the boat - how to get rid of it?
When the boat floats in the water, there is also water inside the boat. Is there a way to get rid of water? In this screen capture 'water' is transparent gla...by SeppoV12 » - 5 Replies
- 3608 Views
-
Last post by SeppoV12
-
-
-
Cut-out for kitchen sink
Hi, First time posting here after using SH3D for a few weeks! I've managed to achieve pretty-much everything I've wanted to do thus far, but I've got stuck o...by Aporiac » - 12 Replies
- 13026 Views
-
Last post by Gildaniel
-
-
-
Balcony Railing
How to draw a balcony railing? I have tested with two different concept, none of them with success. First I wanted to draw with some kind of repeating patter...by rexkogitans » - 6 Replies
- 16331 Views
-
Last post by rexkogitans
-
-
-
Through-Wall applieances
I am designing a small cabin, and plan for cooling is to use an off-the-shelf air conditioning window unit - framed into a wall instead of mounted in a windo...by BohoRex » - 4 Replies
- 2667 Views
-
Last post by BohoRex
-
-
-
Can I superimpose one image on another?
I'd like to view a first and second image in respective levels superimposed, at the moment each image is a background image in a level but I can't see to vie...by pjw359 » - 2 Replies
- 2080 Views
-
Last post by DanielJ
-
-
-
How do I change the angle to the wall was less than 15 degrees?
How do I change the angle to the wall was less than 15 degrees?by 100matolog » - 4 Replies
- 17384 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to simulate the view from a window?
How to simulate the view from a window? I tried to put a box with texture of a picture of the real view in front of the window. Any other tips?by MichaelN » - 1 Replies
- 2065 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
2D Elevation Views
Hi, sorry if this is an obvious question, I've just started using SH3D to plan an extension. I'll need to create elevation views for the UK Planning service....by Mix123 » - 1 Replies
- 7262 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Need help moving from SW3D to SketchUp via Blender
Hi Want to use Twilight Render in SketchUp for rendering. I export selections as OBJ, import into Blender and then export as COLLADA. The problem is, the DAE...by macnab » - 1 Replies
- 2795 Views
-
Last post by macnab
-
-
-
Calculating of floor and wall sizes?
For calculating costs it was nice if SH3D could say how much m² the floors and walls of each room have. It this possible? I know the option to show floorsize...by MichaelN » - 1 Replies
- 3412 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Resizing items with click and drag with a mouse
Hi Is it just me, or does the sizing corner of a selected item only do both X and Y at the same time? One would expect the drag direction to set the resize d...by macnab » - 2 Replies
- 2545 Views
-
Last post by macnab
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest