Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 262 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
Installind 2D objects in walls
Am definitely a fresh man using this software. Would like to work with this app in exhibitions design. Am an art curator and my tasks include layout how an e...by pixelillo » - 1 Replies
- 2260 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Cant Opne home
hi i downloadend the free version of the app .Then spent some hours working on a proyect. i saved it and when i tried to open it next day it gives an error t...by mayitin » - 1 Replies
- 2048 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Strange Effect When adding a Custom Door
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuCx5sy3SAgmyzguUHTJ2VErnlvf https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuCx5sy3SAgmyzcsHVOVBfWWcyJk In the two images, I have the original 3D Drawing of a door...by connomar » - 6 Replies
- 2324 Views
-
Last post by marcop300
-
-
-
The front door is upstairs and leads outside, how do I do this?
Hello, I'm new to this and have seen tutorials for sloping land and split levels, but I can't work out how to have a two story house where the front of the h...by Obuta » - 2 Replies
- 1939 Views
-
Last post by Obuta
-
-
-
USING SWEETHOME 3D TO DRAFT CAD LIKE CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS
creating CAD like drafts in SweetHome 3D is easy by simply manipulating a few of it's features. I use it to draft construction documents of size A0 and A3. S...by juniorarch » - 7 Replies
- 2958 Views
-
Last post by juniorarch
-
-
-
What happened to the floor?
House with 4 levels (incl basement). I have drawn the upper apartment (the 3rd floor) with all the walls and features, including the stairs that go down to t...by ottertooth » - 11 Replies
- 4672 Views
-
Last post by UbuntuBirdy
-
-
-
How to stop the directional sunlight in 3D view?
I have an interior room with 0 windows, it literally has no ambient light coming from anywhere. I have drawn it up without a ceiling or roof and can't figure...by LosFelizGirl » - 6 Replies
- 2861 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
I Need a Left Facing Sectional (couch)!
Hey there, I need a sectional that's orientation is left facing! See link for example. https://www.allmodern.com/furniture/pdp ... 1127313510 I need the loun...by LosFelizGirl » - 1 Replies
- 2239 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Can't Print after recent SH download on Jan 4, 1017
Hellllllp!!!! Can anyone tell me why I am unable to print my plans or even forward them? I am working on a MAC and didn't have any problems with this until t...by Carlene » - 11 Replies
- 8835 Views
-
Last post by julesss
-
-
-
How Do I Add several Floating Shelves to a Wall?
I am trying to add several floating shelves to a wall in the same texture as the wall (wood -birch). How oh how do I do this? Thanks!!by LosFelizGirl » - 1 Replies
- 3173 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
-
-
New at this and LOVE this software.... live in USA (TEXAS)
I am trying to design a SIMPLE 32 x 42 concrete floor plan. with a building that has a 4ft pony brick wall then a 12 Ft Siding to ceiling. Building with 2 x ...by marcop300 » - 24 Replies
- 6790 Views
-
Last post by marcop300
-
-
- 1 Replies
- 3689 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
How to create 3d model for a house with 2 levels, and have the architectural plans for each level as a floor to that level
Hi, I am using SweetHome3D-6.0 to build a 3d model, of a house with 2 levels, with architectural plans for each level. I create the first level like so: - Ad...by avnerm » - 1 Replies
- 2993 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
cant drop furniture into plan
Hi, I cant drag the furniture pieces into the plan. I was able to do it before but now it seems like its locked! I reinstalled sweet hoem but still same prob...by mahmouhe » - 0 Replies
- 2181 Views
-
Last post by mahmouhe
-
-
-
How to hide the grey box, around each model, in the floor plan?
Yes, I *do* have the furniture icons > top view turned on, but there is a light grey box around each item, in the floor plan: I dont see how to turn that off...by dougcassidy » - 1 Replies
- 2382 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Can I design exteriors with Sweet Home 3D?
Hi, as I said in the title, I would need to design outdoor spaces, mainly green, for my home, with this program is possible? because from what I thought it i...by vin24 » - 1 Replies
- 2627 Views
-
Last post by FDpaffie
-
-
-
Levels questions
I have 2 questions about using multiple levels. I have created a base level (main floor) and 3 other levels FrontPorch, Furniture1 and Furniture2 all at the ...by tarpon » - 4 Replies
- 5295 Views
-
Last post by tarpon
-
-
-
Split walls aaarrrghhhh.
Hi. Having spent several hours moving a wall texture (tiles) on both x and y axis with several split sections , i was very pleased with the addition to allow...by Mike53 » - 3 Replies
- 2195 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
-
Reset the horizon line
It's possible reset or lower the horizon line remaining at 0 level?by Superpippo » - 0 Replies
- 1947 Views
-
Last post by Superpippo
-
-
-
Object of below level visible in upper level
Hi all, I'm trying to understand what's wrong with my object height, as some objects (pipelines set just below ceiling of lower level) are visible in upper l...by ax80 » - 0 Replies
- 1841 Views
-
Last post by ax80
-
-
-
How do I select a wall and delete it?
This program is frustrating, how can I select a wall and simply delete it then start again? I can't select it, it keeps adding on new wall when i click on it...by Jayroo » - 4 Replies
- 6249 Views
-
Last post by Matam
-
-
-
Keep walls magnetic
Hello, When I initially create walls with the wall tool, the walls are magnetic to some grid. For me, this is desired behavior for my design. However, if i c...by lurkey » - 2 Replies
- 3444 Views
-
Last post by lurkey
-
-
-
Roof Doesn't Touch Level 1 of House
I added a polygonal roof to my house as Level 2 of a 2-story house (Level 0 is first floor and Level 1 is the second floor). It worked great as far as gettin...by KittyB » - 1 Replies
- 1747 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to Make Grid Bigger
I am a total newbie to Sweet Home 3D but am having a great time learning how to use it. I am making a pretty large house, 2-stories and can't seem to figure ...by KittyB » - 3 Replies
- 2576 Views
-
Last post by KittyB
-
-
-
Window Partially above Garage door problem
Hello- New user here, but things seem to work well, except when I put a "slider window" partially above a "garage door", then a vertical solid blocks the win...by vcastagnoli » - 1 Replies
- 2095 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Columns and beams
I am completely new to this programme so please excuse me if this has been already covered. I want to try to put columns and beams in my plan. These are for ...by MarkWhelan » - 1 Replies
- 5195 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Insert symbol into floorplan
Hi, I'm using the SH3D software to draw emergency plan. So I would like to insert symbols for fire extinguisher, emergency kit etc. Can anyone help me with t...by IvoBe » - 1 Replies
- 2192 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Sunlight Simulation through floors
Hi, I created a 2-floor-house with half of the 2nd floor is not drawn, thus, the 1st floor enjoys a very high ceiling and I expect a lot of sunlight to come ...by ysaito » - 3 Replies
- 2066 Views
-
Last post by ysaito
-
-
-
Hyperlink Photographs into drawing
I am a forensic police officer using the program to document crime scenes. I would like to be ale to hyperlink actual photographs from the crime scene into t...by 11119 » - 1 Replies
- 1897 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
How to separate connected walls
Hello, during building my house in SH3D I figured out a problem I have no idea how to solve. As you can see in the attached picture one of my consists of thr...by thoron » - 3 Replies
- 7264 Views
-
Last post by thoron
-
-
-
Custom made lights?
Hello ! I would like to attach a light source to an object. More specific I will make a spotlight to include in my custom library. Spotlight model: http://ww...by Larz2 » - 9 Replies
- 8106 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
vent issue
Hi Has anyone any idea why i cannot position a vent in the rectangular wall. vent Thx in advance Mikeby Mike53 » - 10 Replies
- 4317 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
-
Running on AWS, EC2 Instance?
Does anyone run Sweet Home 3D on Amazon AWS, EC2 Instance? If so, how? Cheers Tommyby TommyW » - 1 Replies
- 1989 Views
-
Last post by Dadv
-
-
-
Recommended PC and OS?
Recommendations for a properly configured PC, appreciated. E.g. * CPU * RAM (GB) * Gaphic Card Any performance advantages of running Linux vs Windows 10? Che...by TommyW » - 2 Replies
- 2753 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
Bump mapping
I have been doing some experiments with texturing (when my surroundings have allowed it), and I have found that Sunflow can do a lot with texturing that I wa...by Ceciliabr » - 5 Replies
- 4132 Views
-
Last post by Ceciliabr
-
-
- 3 Replies
- 17600 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
Top category library
Hello, I have built a new furniture library with a new name. How can I make this library be current / top category, when opening SH3D? As it is now, the curr...by Larz2 » - 4 Replies
- 2086 Views
-
Last post by Larz2
-
-
-
Can't export imported furniture
A few moments ago, I installed the plug-in ExportToSH3F-1.0.sh3p. When I try to use it, I get an error message saying "Can't find Furniture-3-123456789.pref"...by hansmex » - 0 Replies
- 1819 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
DimensionLines.jar plug-in usage
The toolbar icon for this plug-in shows correctly after installing in the plug-in folder, but when I click on the tool, nothing seems to happen. I've reviewe...by delaing » - 2 Replies
- 2165 Views
-
Last post by delaing
-
-
-
How can I create my own library?
Hi, I'm trying to create my own library, I downloaded the Furniture Library Editor, but I do not know how to create the symbols. The library I want to make i...by planosmsr » - 3 Replies
- 2305 Views
-
Last post by dorin
-
-
-
DWG import
Hey! I want to build a floorplan but only have DWG files . Ist there any chance, to import a DWG file to SH3D? Maybe only the way to import it as a picture a...by Mac187ec » - 1 Replies
- 12539 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Change Grid Scale
I've been using a grid of ten squares per meter. Somehow I managed to change this to 4 squares per meter and I don't know how. Could someone please tell me h...by mememe » - 1 Replies
- 5538 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Importing furniture from sh3d files
Hi, is there any way to import objects to the library from an open sh3d file that was made with objects not already there? Thanks for any helpby grrrlgeek » - 1 Replies
- 1753 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Draw (offset) Wall from Existing Wall?
I've searched around and may've missed this since it seems like an everyday procedure. In an existing area/room with walls, how do I draw a new wall a specif...by delaing » - 14 Replies
- 7244 Views
-
Last post by delaing
-
-
-
Two importing questions
Two questions. I've made several extra categories in the furniture list. I tried using the furniture library editor, to put a few things in the categories I ...by grrrlgeek » - 4 Replies
- 2189 Views
-
Last post by grrrlgeek
-
-
-
Create Dimension
Hi, My mouse sensitivity can be random, so when I want to "CREATE DIMENSION" of specific length. it becomes almost impossible to move the mouse to get the ex...by mikeecho » - 1 Replies
- 1723 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Export floor texture into .obj and .mtl files
Hi, I have a home 3d model with texture on walls. I can export the 3d model and the textures into .obj and .mtl files and open it seperately with e.g. meshla...by avnerm » - 2 Replies
- 3153 Views
-
Last post by avnerm
-
-
-
Creating Models including Glass
I've used Sweethome3d for many years, and used to model furniture using Art of Illusion. I seem to vaguely remember that one could name an object in AoI with...by connomar » - 6 Replies
- 2859 Views
-
Last post by connomar
-
-
- 26 Replies
- 15931 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
How to bind a door to a wall ?
Hello. 1: I have created 4 walls, but forgot to double click on the last junction; is there a way to fix the connexion between 1st and 4th wall, or do I need...by DoubleHP » - 1 Replies
- 2345 Views
-
Last post by DoubleHP
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest