Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 260 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
long prep time before creating a video
In the latest version of SH3D I'm noticing that it takes a long time before starting a video render. In my case it's more than 30 minutes. After that it star...by qythyx » - 1 Replies
- 3301 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Existing and Proposed Condistions
I am doing a plan for remodeling a second floor and adding a bathroom. Is there a way to distinguish between existing and proposed features on the plan to sh...by tomhf » - 1 Replies
- 6713 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to remove a furniture library from SH3D Portable?
Hello! Is it possible to remove the furniture items or furniture libraries that come with the portable version of Sweet Home 3D? I need to export 3D layout t...by qwertymandarin » - 2 Replies
- 7721 Views
-
Last post by qwertymandarin
-
-
-
multiple levels
how do you do it? 1) plan with multiple levels from the kitchen to the living room there are 2 steps and 30 cm of altitude difference 2) the house is on the ...by ombrenellanotte » - 1 Replies
- 3273 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
-
-
Joining walls
I've got 2 side walls. I can't for the life of me make a wall that joins the ends of those 2 walls with another wall. Whatever I do the new wall I draw (magn...by mallow » - 1 Replies
- 10884 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Regression or new bug ?
Hi manu, In building new house I find a problem to place a door. Remember, my features for a sliding door in the wall. With the beta13 here is the result : I...by bdfd » - 2 Replies
- 2191 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
-
-
Don't show room area
I'm making floor plans that are a guide and don't need to be 100%. So how can I display a room name w/o showing the area (which isn't accurate)? Or how can I...by mallow » - 1 Replies
- 2383 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Saving 2d floorplan
How can I export a finished project to a simple B&W 2d floorplan? The colors of stuff don't look good, and I don't need it anyway. I can only find 'print' or...by mallow » - 1 Replies
- 5495 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to import autocad .dxf or .dwg files to .obj
Hello, I need to import models from autocad so I supose that I need to transform them to .3ds or .obj files. Could you recommend me any tool for this task? I...by dlabril » - 5 Replies
- 40788 Views
-
Last post by Angelian
-
-
-
Selecting objects in 3D view
Does anyone know whether its possible to select objects within the 3D view?by Zero7 » - 2 Replies
- 2787 Views
-
Last post by Zero7
-
-
-
measurement between walls
Just found this amazing apps, installed and learning. Not sure if I'm not doing it right or this feature is not there, what I want to do is to measure the di...by michaelbr » - 1 Replies
- 3030 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
vorm in muur
Hi beste alle, ik pieker me suf hoe ik een vierkant of of andere form in een muur kan maken. Kan iemand uitleggen hoe waar ik hier over kan lezen. danke [:D]by Aiwen » - 1 Replies
- 3005 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Opening .svg files
Made a plan, saved as .svg. App will not reopen it for editing. what am I missing?by IanOnCowan » - 3 Replies
- 6793 Views
-
Last post by okh
-
-
-
cant not open, 'modify walls...' dialogue
Right click 'Modify Wall' on 'wall' and 'popup dialog' does not appear. Click again and there is no response. screenshot : https://i0.wp.com/www.dolzikoo.com...by narnal » - 4 Replies
- 3010 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Isometric View Tweak
Hi, As I'm trying to get Isometric views from my models, I've come to try specifics settings with the "Virtual Visit" 3D View : - body angle : 225° - head's ...by jdab » - 3 Replies
- 3225 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Help needed Improving Plan
Hi everyone, newbie here. After looking at alot of tutorials and videos i managed to design my own house but i'm really struggling with the first floor rooms...by shaunac93 » - 4 Replies
- 2242 Views
-
Last post by shaunac93
-
-
-
Where can I find the files of Default Furniture library?
Sorry for my English. Hi, I've been using the program for about 2 weeks and I really like it. Congratulations to program creators and developers I've read th...by soriana » - 3 Replies
- 2707 Views
-
Last post by soriana
-
-
-
Not Saving/Crashing To Desktop
Hello I have a question in regards to the program crashing as soon as I hit save. When I open the program again it is displayed as untitled (recovered). I tr...by CitizenOfArkham » - 1 Replies
- 2371 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
- 1 Replies
- 1897 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
What do you think about my kitchen's design with this fantastic program? I need your opinion
http://www.mediafire.com/file/p48crh6a3hbw786/Kitchen.mp4 I'm not very good but I love making designs, I need your opinion please watch video , what do u thi...by antonioperez2002 » - 5 Replies
- 2201 Views
-
Last post by antonioperez2002
-
-
-
2 Question (Where model 3D "Open Door" and Flip A House )
hi In Sweet Home 3D examples, I can see that the doors are always represented OPEN but in my archive 3D models there is no "OPEN DOOR". May I know where can ...by quanghieuci » - 3 Replies
- 2345 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Problem with roof windows
Hi, Return on indirect light. [B-)] I put on the lights in the garage and street lights at 25%. We begin to see Something... 1024 x 768 in Q4 with R1.3.2 (AA...by bdfd » - 1 Replies
- 2835 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Reflection and Transparency
Hi everyone, Im newbie in SH3D and looking for on forum, but I dont find (in simple ways) the answer that I need. I use Blender to model my furnitures, but h...by FelipeDardis » - 0 Replies
- 2311 Views
-
Last post by FelipeDardis
-
-
-
Using light, how can I set ?
Hi there, I have tried to set a light into a room, but I dont the same atmosphere as show in some picture of the website. Is there a trick to do it? Thanksby sontung » - 1 Replies
- 2321 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
How to make a vertical rotation?
Hello, How to make a vertical rotation? "Sweet home" only allows to make horizontal rotations ?? Attached image. thank youby MacMaison » - 1 Replies
- 2422 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Is it possible to flip the design?
I just realised I was planning the neighbours house, our house is a mirror image . Is it possible to flip the design without redoing it from scratch?by gandrusz » - 4 Replies
- 4106 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
rendering transparent
Designing a pool for my mom inlaw, i have come across something odd. In 3d view i can adjust the water with "modify 3d view" "Walls transparency" And the tra...by denmyos » - 6 Replies
- 4950 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
How to choose more precisly the angles of walls ?
Hello, I can't choose the angles of my walls (and particularly the outside walls) There is a scale to 15° so i can choose only 15-30-45-60, etc... In a littl...by electron » - 2 Replies
- 2665 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
-
-
Service Layers
I am doing the plan of a multilevel house. Except for the roof and the staircase (more on this in another thread) it has work like a charm. So thanks for thi...by heg » - 1 Replies
- 2577 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Newbe 1st post - Already RTFM. Problems with "pan" navagation
Enjoying my first steps in design with this software.. Read the manual, saw details on use of W,A,S,D,arrow keys, shift. 'BUT', what I find most difficult is...by sparxz » - 3 Replies
- 2352 Views
-
Last post by Bubblobill
-
-
-
Importing text & symbols
Hello, I am a newby here and maybe this item is explained elsewhere - but here goes. I wanted to import some boilerplate text and a scale symbol into my floo...by shakylegs36 » - 0 Replies
- 2392 Views
-
Last post by shakylegs36
-
-
-
Edge of wall-end different than 90 degree ?
Hello, I've just started to work with Sweet Home 3D and have a first question : I have a thick wall that is attached to a stairway. The stairway is at an ang...by benno5034 » - 8 Replies
- 3142 Views
-
Last post by benno5034
-
-
-
How to edit a room
Hi, I have created a room and the size of it is now shown. How can I make the room larger or add another room to it? I do not know the keys I need. Dragging ...by hoangtrunglien » - 2 Replies
- 7606 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
All of the 3-D is elevated
When looking at the 3D rendering of my blueprints, the furniture, walls, doors, and patio doors are elevated off the floor. Everything is set to elevation ze...by Lyrx » - 4 Replies
- 4066 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Printing Issue
After printing a blueprint, the image is extremely small. When I enlarge the image on the printer, the printout has very thick lines and all the detail is lo...by Lyrx » - 2 Replies
- 3607 Views
-
Last post by Lyrx
-
-
-
Calculating total area
Hi, is there any way to display/calculate total model area (not just individual rooms)? I have found this thread but I'm not a developer so maybe it would be...by tarmiricmi » - 1 Replies
- 9901 Views
-
Last post by tarmiricmi
-
-
-
Global illumination doesn't work in virtual visit mode, in aerial mode it's OK
Please help! Rendering the same scene with the same render options (max quality) giving different results depending of viewing mode: in the aerial view globa...by shwaiger » - 6 Replies
- 5746 Views
-
Last post by EvEnger
-
-
-
Print error
Hi, I'm using release 5.4.1 on a Mac (MacOS Sierra 10.12.4). Software is working fine expect fir printing. I can use print preview, but when I select print, ...by oboutte3 » - 3 Replies
- 4842 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Edit walls dialogue box doesn't appear
Hi. I hope someone can help. When i select a wall and go to "modify walls", the dialogue box no longer appears. I have tried "cntrl-capslck-E", but still not...by rezande » - 1 Replies
- 2422 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Too long time while rendering photo
Hello, I use SH3D on my windows 10 with inter i7, 8gb ram DDR3, but if I want render photo 1920x1080 it take approx. 20-25 minutes. I set .ini in folder with...by stanley01 » - 4 Replies
- 3029 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
-
-
How can I create windows the way I want it?
I just finished drawing the wall of my apartment and wish to add windows to the wall but encountered two problems: 1. When I have the windows opening to the ...by RHUNG » - 3 Replies
- 6829 Views
-
Last post by RHUNG
-
-
-
Creating a garage ramp
Hi, First of all well done for this software! I'm still new using it, but have managed to figure out a number of features with the help of the tutorials & fo...by kmic » - 7 Replies
- 7796 Views
-
Last post by kmic
-
-
-
Base Boards
I have noticed that the base boards do not go around a corner. when I add base boards they do not cover the end of the wall. how do I correct this?by chatham » - 2 Replies
- 3139 Views
-
Last post by Miker777
-
-
-
Is there a way to snap objects to ceiling?
Hi all, Is there a way to make an object a "ceiling" one like lights? I specifically want a ventilation fan on the ceiling but it only sticks to walls. Many ...by nktvnvn » - 3 Replies
- 3386 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
-
-
view problem
How can I set view to deafult? After moving furniture my screen went white in 2d and 3d view. Couldnt see nothing from my projectby kubaf91 » - 6 Replies
- 4373 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Factory or Warehouse Design?
Has anyone used Sweet Home 3D to design a small factory or warehouse? I'm exploring options (various 3D software) in hopes of finding something that will mak...by MovingDude » - 4 Replies
- 5620 Views
-
Last post by MovingDude
-
-
-
importing mtl file
I have obj and mtl files in the same folder. when I try to import both files, it seems sweethome only takes obj file. the couch appears in the library, but w...by marianooshiro » - 8 Replies
- 11060 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
-
-
how do I give my floor areas texture which is visible on 2D floor plan?
My 3d views all look fine, textures and changes appear as I edit. but on the 2d floor plan everything is just grey, no differentiation. I try adding colors a...by jwstarr » - 2 Replies
- 3377 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
calculating outside surface of all walls
Hello, I want to insulate my house from outside. I need to calculate all outside wall surfaces, and all doors and windows perimeter. Since I already made a w...by platax » - 7 Replies
- 4144 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
-
-
How to create walls with gaps within the wall
Hi, I'm looking for elevation design of my house. The front wall for the building would have missing bricks which is as per design. Any help on how I can ach...by [email protected] » - 2 Replies
- 4008 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest