Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 262 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
Create hole in a wall
Is there way to cut a hole in a wall other than using a door frame? I'm doing some work with a very long wall and I want to insert a 96" glass wall. For a va...by rca19 » - 6 Replies
- 17195 Views
-
Last post by Rasky
-
-
-
Online version - change units to metric?
Hi all, I'm trying out the online version, but I can't work out how to change the units from imperial to metric. Can you assist? Thanks!by Buzko » - 10 Replies
- 9536 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
walls of length x that will produce room of length y?
I want to do what the user guide instructed and make walls before clicking to create rooms. But if I make 4 walls of 20' each, the resulting room is not 20x2...by Bearpecs » - 3 Replies
- 3208 Views
-
Last post by dorin
-
-
-
Floor without patio ?
Hi, I come back to a problem that was already detected a few years ago. This is the floor and ceiling of a patio (room with a tree). Here without the floor. ...by bdfd » - 2 Replies
- 1872 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
-
-
how to show the length of the whole floor plan?
hello new here, i love the sweet home design and i made the floor plan. one thing is how to show the dimensions on the floor plan? like this. thanksby mryesman686 » - 3 Replies
- 2730 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to set the center of rotation for an object?
Hello, everyone! As an SH3D newbie, I hope to ask a not-too-stupid question. Is there a way to set the center of rotation for an object in the plan? If that ...by AndreaH » - 2 Replies
- 3208 Views
-
Last post by AndreaH
-
-
-
How to change wall thickness?
I am using the online version. All walls are automatically 3" wide, which is not realistic (wall studs 2x4 = 3.75" + drywall on each side, add 1" = 4.75". Ou...by berriemaas » - 1 Replies
- 4004 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How cam i do pipes or hydraulic connections?
hello! I am Brazilian, and I want to know how make pipes because I tried to make a downloading of model plumbing or hydraulic connections in 3D, but i am not...by FlaviaPinheiro » - 12 Replies
- 18856 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Mannequin tips
Everything you always wanted to know about manipulation and customization of the mannequins is in this new tutorial on the Sweet Home 3D YouTube channel. Hav...by VeroniQ » - 3 Replies
- 4557 Views
-
Last post by miro_ilias
-
-
-
Possible to import furniture dimensions?
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with furniture dimensions. It would be great to be able to import them. I have exported an existing set to CSV, and I've edited the ...by muteboy » - 1 Replies
- 3100 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Cellar / chassis is not visible
I am designing a motorhome and added recently the chassis to the design because I have to place some components into the chassis. I think this is similar to ...by AlbertVonMoosseedorf » - 3 Replies
- 2795 Views
-
Last post by UbuntuBirdy
-
-
-
Copy / paste furniture stopped working after upgrade to 5.3
Hi all: I was a happy user until today, as I upgraded to 5.3 and I could no longer copy furniture from one project (window) and paste it into another. Any wa...by PakRicard » - 10 Replies
- 9807 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Sweet Home 3D won't open
I was working on a plan and left my computer for a little while came back and it had closed itself. I went to reopen it and it would not open. When I clicked...by LizardQueen » - 2 Replies
- 2151 Views
-
Last post by LizardQueen
-
-
-
An arch roof
Hello. Newbie asks that how I do an arch roof to a room? Like cave ceiling? We have some 3m width room and according to test (as a normal wall) arch extent i...by TM007 » - 4 Replies
- 2316 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Furniture Library Editor not working
The Furniture Library Editor does not allow me to modify an item in a library. The "modified" option is greyed out on the pop-up menu. It also will not show ... - 0 Replies
- 1837 Views
-
Last post by SkippyTheWonderLizard
-
-
-
Exterior render is being rendered without ceiling + ambient is too strong
Hey guys, This image is being rendered as if there is no roof/ceiling for the house, which is not very realistic. I have checked the "show ceiling" option fo...by jimothyhuang » - 5 Replies
- 2847 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
traduction en français des aides des plug-in
Bonjour, petite note pour la traduction des"en savoir plus " dans la section des plug-in sur mac il faut penser à ouvrir le forum avec GOOGLE CHROME si on ou...by bdom » - 2 Replies
- 2194 Views
-
Last post by bdom
-
-
-
How to correct room length?
Hi, I finished walls and a room according to the blueprint. Later we measured the length and width of the room in reality and found differences. When I try t...by Rolfi2 » - 3 Replies
- 3889 Views
-
Last post by PhiLho
-
-
-
Travelling in the 3D view
Hello. I appreciate a lot SH3D, I was able to do a complex house quite quickly, once I understood the few tricks (like making walls first). I model an old, b...by PhiLho » - 0 Replies
- 1780 Views
-
Last post by PhiLho
-
-
-
Overwritten file - Can I recover?
Hi there, Not really sure how this happened, but I was working on a plan for quite some time and then when I went to open it from 'open recent home', it said...by Stonesthrow » - 3 Replies
- 2359 Views
-
Last post by PhiLho
-
-
-
Guide: Pipes
Hello, I used SweetHome3D extensively during reconstruction of my home and I thought I share some tips with you. This one is about pipes, wires, etc It might...by storm88 » - 2 Replies
- 11784 Views
-
Last post by bdom
-
-
-
Octagon
I like to draw a room in octagon form with 4m side length. I tried everything but no success... Please HELP!by heldenberg » - 2 Replies
- 2742 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Inserting steps and staircase
Hit, I have a house with two storeys and I am attempting to enter a staircase to connect the two. My problem: The objects available do not suit my purpose, t...by luigisoft » - 5 Replies
- 2787 Views
-
Last post by bdom
-
-
-
Polyline and walls contour. How to change angle?
The question is about drawing walls and polylines. Please tell me who made the sector-by-sector movement of the line from the corner point (24 sectors by 360...by Niod » - 4 Replies
- 2281 Views
-
Last post by Niod
-
-
-
How to change ID of home objects
The release notes for version 6.4 contain this interesting item: * Added IDs to home objects which may be modified. I have a use for this feature. I am writi...by david4502 » - 3 Replies
- 3273 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Printout of 3D View is small
My Plan prints well (fills the A4 or A3 page), but the 3D View is much smaller in both the Print Preview window and on the printed page. Any ideas how I can ...by Mark_L » - 1 Replies
- 2421 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
light power option on object
Hi I'm new to this program but I like it and am enjoying recreating my home. I drew things to learn, and I also downloaded items. The problem is with the lig...by subia75 » - 1 Replies
- 3757 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Glass wall
Is there a way to make a glass wall? I am trying to make a conservatory/greenhouse.by LizardQueen » - 6 Replies
- 6612 Views
-
Last post by reddy.shyam
-
-
-
Searching and Managing 'Furniture' ?
Hi folk, I'm looking for ways to search and manage Furniture models. I have a large number of models loaded, including a bunch of my own, and I'm finding tha...by mderouss » - 4 Replies
- 6229 Views
-
Last post by mderouss
-
-
-
Creating Lights
I'm working on making a light, but I'm not sure how to figure out what the light source x and y should be or how to change the brightness, aside from the per...by silvercat17 » - 5 Replies
- 2746 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to create an inclining wall
Hi, looking for a way how to create an inclining wall, i.e. a regular vertical wall with a length of 10m at the base ans 11m at the top end. Any help would b...by Globedriver » - 5 Replies
- 2932 Views
-
Last post by Globedriver
-
-
-
Switch off 3D / deactivate 3D
Hey, I did several searches here to find an answer but I did not succeed. As a beginner I am starting to draw the floor plan room by room by entering all the...by MyFlatinB » - 3 Replies
- 3182 Views
-
Last post by MyFlatinB
-
-
-
Best way to start drawing the layout of my flat
Hi there, Have seen several intro videos and I am confident that I will be able to manage the tool in general. But, all videos present just the features and ...by MyFlatinB » - 3 Replies
- 2530 Views
-
Last post by MyFlatinB
-
-
-
Is it possible to replace color or texture used at all places in the model?
Hi, I am trying to change colors/textures to see how it looks. In order to do so, I have to change many objects like walls, furniture etc. So was wondering i...by reddy.shyam » - 2 Replies
- 3527 Views
-
Last post by reddy.shyam
-
-
-
Attachments How to provide floor plan parameters in a file
Hello friends, We are working on a project where we need to tune building parameters (mentioned below) by some algorithms and visualize it's CAD output. Buil...by atinesh » - 10 Replies
- 9597 Views
-
Last post by fritzz
-
-
-
Modify Room Function Not Working?
Just installed v. 4.6 and all seems to be working well except that, and I am following the instructions in the provided help area, once I select a room (it's...by Altstatten » - 3 Replies
- 4695 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Help to design a studio Light, fresnel TV studio light
I am trying to create a studio light. With a zoom on the light and barndoorns to adjust the light also. I managed to put a lightbulb in a Downlight tube and ...by emiellelieveld » - 1 Replies
- 2715 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Create a Simple Roof in SweetHome3D (Tutorial )
Here I would like to share some basic tips to create a simple Roof. High Quality Follow these steps. 1: Setup your room at the specific dimension that you wa...by sree.arun.kr » - 5 Replies
- 45589 Views
-
Last post by Helengarcia
-
-
-
Online\offline tools
Hi, how could I change measuers with 2-click offline as well as online?by Enri89 » - 2 Replies
- 2047 Views
-
Last post by Enri89
-
-
-
Display dimensions in inches only?
Is there a way to display dimensions as inches only, rather than as feet and inches? Am I missing it? Thanks!by jmf77 » - 13 Replies
- 20407 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Sweethome froze
Hi, had an issue today that seems familiar. I went to adjust the time before making a render and everything locked, had to use task manager on an unsaved pro...by Mike53 » - 1 Replies
- 2232 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
- 2 Replies
- 6556 Views
-
Last post by lspatricio
-
- 1 Replies
- 2207 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
Loft conversion plan
Hi all I am new to this forum and to this software. Firstly let me say that although I have only just started using SH3D, I am loving it's intuitive feel. I ...by Ian108 » - 9 Replies
- 13674 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
PRINTING FROM ONLINE VERSION
HOPING THAT SOMEONE COULD TELL ME WHERE TO PRINT MY PLAN WHEN I USE THE ONLINE VERSION OF THIS PROGRAM. ANYONE? *FINGERS CROSSED* I'VE SPENT SOME HOURS WORKI...by iselinn » - 3 Replies
- 4400 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Is it possible to add an image to a Window to give the impression of looking through it?
Hi, First day with this. Is it possible to attach an image to a window to give the impression what you would see if you were looking outside through it? Thanksby roybridge » - 1 Replies
- 2244 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
simple shapes in 2d
How can I create simple shapes in the 2d interface that can be printed? All I need is a design where these shapes can be moved, scaled, rotated and displayed...by Zsoly » - 0 Replies
- 2056 Views
-
Last post by Zsoly
-
-
-
unable to create Photo and video
Hello, so I am doing sweet home 3d for my schoolwork but I am unable to create photo or video. I need help.by StarchyPotato123 » - 1 Replies
- 2304 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Mannequins sitting on the floor or on a low chair?
Hi all, I can't figure out how to position a mannequin at a lower elevation. For instance, if the mannequin is supposed to be sitting on a low chair, or on t...by pathscollide » - 2 Replies
- 2273 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Mannequins losing their postures
Hello and first of all, huge thanks to the creator of this fanstastic application. [:)] I'm encountering a strange problem with mannequins. The ability to mo...by pathscollide » - 0 Replies
- 2060 Views
-
Last post by pathscollide
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest