Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 262 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
Background image not displaying in 3D
I loaded and formated a background image. It shows in the 2D view but not in the 3D view. Checked "Background image visible in 3D view" but still not showing...by otadmin » - 4 Replies
- 5360 Views
-
Last post by otadmin
-
-
-
Create Roads or Paths
Greetings I have a country property and need to create a plan for the local council that shows buildings, vegetation etc... as I am planning a development an...by destino » - 2 Replies
- 5557 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Floors and ceilings...
I have seen the help about creating floors and ceilings when adding a level? My problem is I have a first floor apartment which I created a plan for, with al...by cparsons » - 1 Replies
- 2026 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
How to set individual light color?
After several hours of searching, I just have to ask: How do I set individual light color? A stage light is different than a table lamp, which is different t...by Blade3d » - 1 Replies
- 2485 Views
-
Last post by bdfd
-
-
-
adjust angles of polylines
as I move the end of a polyline to position it, the angle jumps by 15 degree increments, is there a way to set the angle more precisely? actually I just need...by bbxrider » - 2 Replies
- 4630 Views
-
Last post by bbxrider
-
-
-
items jump on top of structure when moving them
Hello, I have this tunnel structure from someone here on the forum, so it's not a collection item. When I move the green box the slightest bit on the floor p...by pixelflub » - 2 Replies
- 3174 Views
-
Last post by alaX
-
-
-
2-dimensional standup with alpha?
Hi, I'd like to have a 2D standup with an imported texture. Say a person (knocked out with surrounding alpha) in a 3D scene. I imported the PNG texture alrig...by pixelflub » - 1 Replies
- 2480 Views
-
Last post by pixelflub
-
-
-
How to delete items (specifically walls...)
Just started using this, but for the life of me, can't figure out how to delete anything. eg create a wall, decide it's wrong, and want to delete, so select ...by hornetster » - 12 Replies
- 12863 Views
-
Last post by acy2
-
-
-
swimming pool elevation
help please, how do I recess my pool into the ground to give me the correct rendering in 3d view?by JUGGERNAUT » - 5 Replies
- 8870 Views
-
Last post by Jimgsm
-
-
-
Virtual tour camera speed
It's about the "create video" function. It seems the camera (visitor) speed is always the same: moving at around 0.7 m/s and rotating 30 degrees/s. Am I righ...by ysmith » - 3 Replies
- 5139 Views
-
Last post by enkonyito
-
-
-
dimensions and poly lines, how to nudge or step length with keypad or similar
for both polyline and dimensions is there some way to nudge or say 1/8" step the length instead have to drag the [+] icon, its too blunt when getting into < ...by bbxrider » - 0 Replies
- 2674 Views
-
Last post by bbxrider
-
-
-
reconcile wall length with inside room dimensions
I'm a fairly newbie sweet home user. not sure how to reconcile inside wall dimensions when I have created my home plan wall by wall, please see below, the in...by bbxrider » - 2 Replies
- 6441 Views
-
Last post by bbxrider
-
-
-
Import set of models from .dae (Collada) file
Hi all, I found a kitchen library in the sketchup warehouse _ttps://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/71fa3db5-4bef-4891-b9a6-adbc9ab36d93/Kitchen-Cabinet-Set b...by lensmike » - 1 Replies
- 3933 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Sweet Home 3D cities!
Yesterday, a new tutorial was released at Sweet Home 3D YouTube channel: How to quickly design the surroundings of a home is full of tips to make a quick set...by VeroniQ » - 1 Replies
- 3233 Views
-
Last post by FDpaffie
-
-
-
window cut outs
Is there a specific reason any shape i create for a window cuts a wall correctly when the wall is straight but reverts to a large square hole when positioned...by Mike53 » - 7 Replies
- 2316 Views
-
Last post by FDpaffie
-
-
-
adjust brightness oft light
Hello, could anyone tell me how to adjust the brightness of light sources in the rendered picture? I have quite a lot lamps there and it's just too bright. T...by Luzi3D » - 3 Replies
- 2957 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
fallout look ?
hi everyone, a little unconventional question : how would you create a house looking like in the Fallout game : old crippled maybe even a little destroyed th...by jpcr » - 5 Replies
- 1859 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
-
brick tunnel like old catacombs, sewer tunnels.. possible?
Not exactly what SH3D was designed for I guess, but doable?by pixelflub » - 8 Replies
- 2907 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
First time I will build my house
Hey folk, So where to start? I'm talking about any tips for building a private house. I use this program for first time. I know that first thing to do, shoul...by Raimundas » - 2 Replies
- 1858 Views
-
Last post by Raimundas
-
-
-
Render Multiple spherical pictures
So I've finally cottoned on to the fact that you can save locations then batch render photo's from these saved locations - awesome! The missing piece seems t...by baldyman » - 3 Replies
- 2881 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Ambient lighting of a room
It is possible to use unviewable light panels to have the ambient lighting of a room. The trick is to place them at the level of the ceiling, on all its surf...by enkonyito » - 5 Replies
- 5689 Views
-
Last post by enkonyito
-
-
-
Generating 360 degree stereoscopic images
I've been playing around with generating 360 degree stereoscopic images for use with my Google Cardboard (other VR devices should work too). Basically what I...by qythyx » - 18 Replies
- 15397 Views
-
Last post by Jonnie63
-
-
-
Guide To Creating A Flat Roof With Cut Outs For Skylights
I finally found a way to create flat roofs in my model with cut-outs for skylights that I found in tune with my workflow. I thought I would create a thread a...by Jonnie63 » - 19 Replies
- 14910 Views
-
Last post by Jonnie63
-
-
-
Changing Wall Height
How do I change the height of my walls? I've selected the wall, changed the dimensions, closed the box, and nothing changes. I was able to change door height...by firemansflame » - 2 Replies
- 4004 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
-
Anyone using Freecad to design new 3d models with colors or textures?
Dears, i have a stupid question, anyone has used freecad to create new models? I can't find a way to create new furnitures including textures and/or colors a...by fcaponi78 » - 7 Replies
- 8984 Views
-
Last post by Jonnie63
-
-
-
Another idiots guide needed...
Having completely mastered (not) sash openings, and i hate myself for asking this, i now need to look at cutouts for objects. I have found several topics on ...by Mike53 » - 2 Replies
- 3007 Views
-
Last post by Dadv
-
-
-
Function: "Plane / Import Background Image" in Sweet Home 3D version 6.1.2
Function: "Plane / Import Background Image" in Sweet Home 3D version 6.1.2 Hello I am glad to see the function where I can with a background of a 2D plane co...by rubenarnowaltner » - 1 Replies
- 4726 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
scale up 3D view? // 2 homes .. to bring together?
hello together, I'm new and I'm trying to create my new loft with this program and I have two questions: 1. I made the error to create two homes instead one ...by TinaK » - 4 Replies
- 4409 Views
-
Last post by TinaK
-
-
-
Missing sunlight simulation
Hello everyone! I'm using SweetHome3D v 6.1.2 for Windows x64. PC specs: Intel Core i5-4460, DDR4 8GB, GeForce GTX 970, Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I wanted to t...by KriptonZ » - 2 Replies
- 4518 Views
-
Last post by KriptonZ
-
-
-
taras elevation
how can i elevate taras (around 20 cm)? do I need to make a new level?by Ninanoki » - 5 Replies
- 4055 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Cannot align or distribute any objects
The subject line pretty much says it all. I can't move objects to the front, back, or align with other objects. Not sure when this happened but probably afte...by racerfern » - 2 Replies
- 4414 Views
-
Last post by racerfern
-
-
-
How can I edit pre installed furniture libraries
Love the program. so I bought it. didn't know it would come with so much furniture, most of witch i can't or will never use. downloaded the furniture library...by Johnlylejr » - 3 Replies
- 5190 Views
-
Last post by SeppoV12
-
-
-
Virtual visit in Ubuntu 18.04
I have just upgraded to Ubuntu 18.04 from 16.10 LTS. In 16.10, I could display the virtual visit in a separate window, then move that window to a different w...by mrwolfe » - 2 Replies
- 3669 Views
-
Last post by mrwolfe
-
-
-
Deleting Furniture Library
How do I delete furniture that is originally installed with the program?by Mr_Kingsbury » - 5 Replies
- 4216 Views
-
Last post by costello
-
-
-
Realistic Field of View settings for a 3D Walkthrough
I'm new to SH3D (absolutely loving it!), and I want to find a good, realistic setting for if you were walking through the space. I know the default is 63 (wh...by TheCrazedMadman » - 2 Replies
- 9801 Views
-
Last post by Jonnie63
-
-
-
Adding a Text item turns off the base plan lock
I was trying to understand the code around adding Text items. It always unlocks the base plan due to newBasePlanLocked always being false because !isLabelPar...by digitaltrails » - 0 Replies
- 2184 Views
-
Last post by digitaltrails
-
-
-
Custom image in 2D plan
Hi, I am new to SH3D If I create a custom furniture (as OBJ), can I somehow use a image file (PNG) that is shown in the 2D plan instead of the top projection...by costello » - 2 Replies
- 3792 Views
-
Last post by UbuntuBirdy
-
-
-
Help with skillion roof
Hello everyone. I am brand new to this forum and have been using Sweet Home 3D for about 2 months working on a few mock ups for a new home. I am trying to pu...by Spiderjames » - 2 Replies
- 2194 Views
-
Last post by Spiderjames
-
-
-
Concentric cylinders not displaying correctly in plan view, but 3D view is correct
Please can someone advise how to make the plan view of concentric cylinders display correctly? The inner blue cylinder appears above the outer grey cylinder ...by John37 » - 3 Replies
- 2590 Views
-
Last post by John37
-
-
-
struggling to work with sweet home, new user
I can't my drawings to look anything like the samples in the standard user guide, with things like the 4 1/2" walls, all the wall lengths inside the room to ...by bbxrider » - 2 Replies
- 2196 Views
-
Last post by bbxrider
-
-
-
Round service hatches?
I'm making a model of a raw reinforced concrete house and I'd like to indicate where holes in walls go. Like 100mm holes for bathroom fans, 70mm holes for AC...by aheidel » - 3 Replies
- 2521 Views
-
Last post by baldyman
-
-
-
own furniture: export and reimport
Hi, I would like to use furniture I "constructed" some time ago for another flat. Unfortunately, I have no idea where I find my "private furniture catalogue"...by Leon38 » - 1 Replies
- 4751 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
-
How can I delete the floor that Sweet home generate automatically when I export an obj
Hi everyone! I need help. I don't know how to delete the static floor that unreal generates when I export an obj file. Thanksby Althou1997 » - 1 Replies
- 1993 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Exporting stored points of view.
Hello! I have a question regarding stored points of views in Sweet Home 3D. How I can export it to another computes, I thought these points are stored in S3H...by Grgeorusp » - 1 Replies
- 2040 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
how to increase virtual visit forward speed?
I'm using Sweet home 3D v6.1.2 mouse wheel default value of control visit forward/backward is too slow I want to know if any way I can increase virtual visit...by magicparty » - 1 Replies
- 2265 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How place windows on correct height
Hi! Newbi question How do I place a window on the correct height on a wall. They seems to be places with same distance from floor and celing and that is not ...by Havouza » - 1 Replies
- 2806 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
-
How to purge a library?
How to clean out furniture in a category/library? I thought that importing a furniture library with same name would replace and overwrite the current content...by Larz2 » - 1 Replies
- 1990 Views
-
Last post by Larz2
-
-
-
Multiple floor elevations and identifying non-room areas
Hello. I have two questions... 1. I have a simple floorplan for a one-level home. However, two rooms have dropdowns, so the floors in those rooms are 8" lowe...by spluongo » - 1 Replies
- 3345 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
-
New to Sweet Home 3D
I drew homes for 15 years in New Zealand using Datacad and Spirit. Now living in Arizona and not having my CAD program anymore, I'm looking for an alternativ...by trogladyte » - 1 Replies
- 2070 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
modifying a wall
Hi. I'm a new user with a very basic question. I'm trying to modify a wall for a dead-end room at the end of a hallway -- no door or doorway. Each time I try...by spluongo » - 2 Replies
- 3545 Views
-
Last post by spluongo
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest