Features use and tips
-
- Announcements
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 262 Views
-
Last post by aliceq
-
- Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
-
Distribute roof over two levels
Hi, first of all: Thank you so much for this awesome piece of software! Now my current challenge: I have constructed the basics of our planned house, but I'm...by mwinkelm » - 3 Replies
- 2537 Views
-
Last post by mwinkelm
-
-
-
How do I make a floor opaque on a top layer (Plan view) so I can cover furniture on lower levels ?
Hi. I've defined and exterior textured enclosed room area as grass layer 2. I have large trees on layer 1. In plan view I want to use the grass room to cover...by knowwhat » - 5 Replies
- 3002 Views
-
Last post by knowwhat
-
-
-
Door "openable" in 3D view
Hi there, new user here ... have been playing with sh3d a bit more than a week now and can tell the learning curve is very good ! I'm struggling to figure ou...by Bernie_Pumpit » - 1 Replies
- 2925 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
problem with placing / mergering objects
Hi, Im trying to put a sink in a cabninet and the countertop. But the sink is filled with the countertop when I do it . I also tried with out the countertop ...by zymme » - 13 Replies
- 7860 Views
-
Last post by snmavronis
-
-
-
Online version - Accidentally deleted a level of my plan
Hi, Using the online version of Sweethome 3D - I accidentally deleted one of my levels. Is there any way I can get this back after navigating away from the e...by brentk » - 2 Replies
- 2220 Views
-
Last post by brentk
-
-
-
Cut rectangular area from wall
Hi, This is my first post. Don't know if https fotos are visible ?? How can I remove a rectangular area from a wall. My first thought was to create a wall in...by leonardoMMTB » - 2 Replies
- 2913 Views
-
Last post by leonardoMMTB
-
-
-
Searching the furniture list
I do not have a box called category so that I can search for an item of furniture. It appears to be generally available based on all the videos I've seen. Do...by Riverside » - 2 Replies
- 7142 Views
-
Last post by Riverside
-
-
-
Levels Elevation Change
In the Modify Level dialog box if I change the 3 level's elevations so that the basement is 0' elevation and adjusted the other 2 levels relative to that, do...by snmavronis » - 4 Replies
- 3334 Views
-
Last post by snmavronis
-
-
-
industrial floor through a program
good greeting Please I have a question [:">] How can I add the industrial floor through a program Sweet Home 3D ?by SAMIALBISHRI » - 1 Replies
- 2542 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
'Levels' Tab Arrangement Changed?
The tabs for Levels, which sit below the tool bar and above the horizontal scale, were in a single row for the longest time. Now all of a sudden they appear ...by rndlmn4 » - 1 Replies
- 3641 Views
-
Last post by Cika
-
-
-
fill space in between internal/external walls
Hi, I drew the external walls from the floor plan. Then I created the rooms with internal walls. Now I find myself with massive gaps which are not nice to lo...by andreab82 » - 5 Replies
- 3860 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
how to display a window without circular arc symbol?
doors and windows cannot be differed in the floor plan a door is shown in the floor plan with a circular arc, which shows the direction of opening. that's OK...by martinaludger » - 2 Replies
- 4391 Views
-
Last post by AlbertKakiay
-
-
-
blueprint software
Anyone have a suggestion for software that is designed to make complete plans? Free or not. I love SH3D, but I need something that is designed to create: roo...by scottbow » - 2 Replies
- 3454 Views
-
Last post by AlbertKakiay
-
-
-
How to export a file as .obj?
Hi [:)] I'm using SH3D 6.4.2. I would like to create a house in it then export it as a .obj file to be able to open it using Blender. I did: - selected my el...by goudirux » - 2 Replies
- 3349 Views
-
Last post by goudirux
-
-
-
Manual Shapes vs OBJ Stairs
I have manually constructed a staircase using a combination of angled steps from floor shapes exported to OBJ and rectangular step shapes from boxes within m...by snmavronis » - 2 Replies
- 2529 Views
-
Last post by snmavronis
-
-
-
Cannot Find My Furniture Library on New M1 MacBook Air
Dear Sweethome Gurus Has anyone managed to find where the furniture library is stored on an M1 Mac? On my intel Mac I used the path Users/username/Library/Ap...by AJUK » - 3 Replies
- 2988 Views
-
Last post by AJUK
-
-
-
Export To HTML5
I have not been able to get my project to generate in a browser using the HTML 5 plugin. Whenever I open the "viewHome.html" in my browser, I am always prese...by Jellotine » - 1 Replies
- 2920 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to add a flat roof and a porch with columns
I am new to SH3D. I am looking for tutorials, explanations or any ol' help to implement a a drawing which I was able to cobble together in v14 of Punch Home ...by aceinc » - 1 Replies
- 4967 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How to add landscaping with elevations after the fact.
I have created a reasonable facsimile of the exterior of my home. It has 3 levels. Now I need to add driveways, retaining walls all with elevation changes wh...by aceinc » - 3 Replies
- 3118 Views
-
Last post by aceinc
-
-
-
save a home
When I trie to save a home draw, the message apears: Cant't save home in "C:\Users\Me\Desktop\aaa.sh3d" RecorderException: Can't save file C:\Users\Me\Deskto...by joaovaz » - 8 Replies
- 4567 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
How can I accurately snap dimension lines to the edges of the walls?
How can I accurately snap dimension lines to the edges of the walls?by Andrey.V. » - 2 Replies
- 4412 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Ground level change?
Hello people, After I created a two story model, I discovered I needed to add few inches of bricks to elevate the first floor from the ground. Is there any w...by Robbyvenetian » - 1 Replies
- 2560 Views
-
Last post by Denis1874
-
-
-
Stairway Holes
I was experimenting tonight with making holes between floors to accommodate custom stairways as regular (non-stair) objects. I can modify the room shape to o...by snmavronis » - 5 Replies
- 4628 Views
-
Last post by snmavronis
-
-
-
How to make main floor elevated
Hi, I'd like to make similar to this: http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/foru ... hread,4595 So I would have several columns. The main floor is elevated abou...by jeisma » - 1 Replies
- 2898 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Exporting a Design as Inidividual OBJ Files
Is there any way to export a SweetHome3D design as individual OBJ files? I'm trying to import into Blender while retaining individual parts, and Blender has ...by marcin_ose » - 1 Replies
- 3722 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Window colour on the inside and on the outside
Hi all, how can I manage to address a different colour on the inside and on the outside of my windows? Greetings robsen33by robsen33 » - 5 Replies
- 3552 Views
-
Last post by robsen33
-
-
-
Box Set As Stairs
In my home I need to basically cut rectangular holes for both my basement stairs and upper level stairs. The rest over each other like a stairwell. I plan on...by snmavronis » - 4 Replies
- 4177 Views
-
Last post by snmavronis
-
-
-
How do I enable top-down view in linux SH3D?
In the Windows version of the program it automatically shows top-down view of objects in the grid. But in Linux the program shows a generic box with a pictur...by bdsh3dnv » - 1 Replies
- 2738 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Add existing conditions topography and morph to grading map?
I would like to add the topography from my surveyor's existing conditions survey map to my house plan and from there manipulate it into a grading plan. I was...by granitehead » - 7 Replies
- 3613 Views
-
Last post by Mike53
-
-
-
Glass Pendant Light Shades
I want to make an actual 3 light pendant model (pictured below) that's coming with our kitchen remodel. It has frosted glass upside-down cup shaped light sha...by snmavronis » - 9 Replies
- 3713 Views
-
Last post by snmavronis
-
-
-
Selecting underlying objects at lower elevation
I have two balustrades (designed and imported as .OBJ) which are vertically aligned. How can I select the lower of the two items in order to move it slightly...by Terryhoc » - 4 Replies
- 4683 Views
-
Last post by Terryhoc
-
-
-
Maximal amount of Pixel
Hey there, I just bought a new PC to create pictures og my own created dream house in better resolution. 4k is fine but when i switch to 8k, the rendered pic...by ThorsAnwalt » - 1 Replies
- 3094 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Save and Compress
Wow! I thought that "File/Save and Compress" only applied older versions of SH3D. I just tried it on a copy of my Home and the file size shrank from 129 MB t...by snmavronis » - 5 Replies
- 3757 Views
-
Last post by UbuntuBirdy
-
-
-
Guidelines available?
Hello, I installed SweetHome3D to electronically capture the plan of my house. I used to work a lot with drawing programs. And these offered guidelines. This...by bmc73 » - 3 Replies
- 3987 Views
-
Last post by Xiste
-
-
-
Not able to get precise wall dimensions
Hello All, I already read several posts, including this one http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/foru ... hread,7644 They don't solve the problem, and it's pre...by MiamiJack » - 6 Replies
- 7153 Views
-
Last post by snmavronis
-
-
-
"Unknown" Furniture Category?
I imported furniture or my exported obj and imported them and it created a Category folder called Unknown. Is it possible to rename that to something else? S...by snmavronis » - 13 Replies
- 7026 Views
-
Last post by snmavronis
-
-
-
Risers and Steps
In my house from the living room there is a 1 step riser platform that a closet sits on, then turn left up a flight of stairs. I made an actual 8.25” high “r...by snmavronis » - 4 Replies
- 3889 Views
-
Last post by snmavronis
-
-
-
Enlarging the page
Hi all, it's the first day I am using this great tool to create my house. In a tutorial I have seen, that it is easy to create the garden too. Unfortunately ...by [email protected] » - 3 Replies
- 3102 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
Basement Level (Hole In Ground)
If you had your main floor ( level 1) at elevation 0 modeling your real home but in fact in reality it’s several feet above outside ground level, how do you ...by snmavronis » - 2 Replies
- 3938 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
- 4 Replies
- 3324 Views
-
Last post by Panvini
-
-
How to Render with Flat Colors, like a Material ID?
Is there a way to render materials or objects just in flat colors, like in Sketchup (image below), so i can use the magic wand selection in a image editor so...by HdFeX47 » - 2 Replies
- 2815 Views
-
Last post by HdFeX47
-
-
-
How can I create my own objects e.g. kitchen units,wardrobes?
Hi, How can I create my own objectc? If I want to design on my own a kitchen, a bathroom and I can not find it in the library? Please advise. Cheersby peterweaver » - 4 Replies
- 13964 Views
-
Last post by dombicam63
-
-
- 1 Replies
- 2855 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
Stone features on historic buildings
Good day. How can I achieve these stones on wall edges as per e.g. this image https://ourworldforyou.com/wp-content/u ... amibia.jpg (the right side). Regard...by edertch » - 2 Replies
- 3204 Views
-
Last post by edertch
-
-
-
Textures appearing 50% of the time
Hi everyone, Really didn't want to make a new thread but i just had to. I am really struggling with textures sometimes appearing sometimes not on objects. I ...by zyzer » - 2 Replies
- 2786 Views
-
Last post by hansmex
-
-
-
Making a simple 3D shape
New user. I'm experimenting with a custom-designed staircase. Steps have proved to be easy but bottom and top steps require a special shape. I can 3D model t...by Terryhoc » - 1 Replies
- 4475 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
-
What are these weird light lines?
Finally starting to dial the lighting in (thank you @ceciliabr and other). I'm pretty sure the ceiling lights I'm using came from @ceciliabr and they helped ...by gregoryx » - 6 Replies
- 4503 Views
-
Last post by Puybaret
-
-
- 2 Replies
- 3830 Views
-
Last post by VeroniQ
-
-
How can I create a knee wall inside an opening with a header?
Hi all! Been struggling with options thus far and hope somebody has another idea. I need to create a wall with a large opening. One side of that opening has ...by MarciB » - 2 Replies
- 4022 Views
-
Last post by MarciB
-
-
-
Complexity
I'm a new SH3D user for the past week. I'm really loving it. The software is so forgiving and stable. I love the level of precision you can get. Right before...by snmavronis » - 6 Replies
- 3883 Views
-
Last post by snmavronis
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest